Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Calling all Drunkduckers!

Posted at

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/drunkduckchatop/index.html

Hello there. You may not know me well at all. but I'm a regular frequenter at #drunkduck, a unofficial irc chat-room for Drunkduck. I've been going around asking all that I know or think have been on #DD in the past, and now I've exhausted my resources.

And now I'm asking you, the people of DD, to help out #DD become a peaceful, fun-loving place for everyone again.

It used to be official. It was often described as a fun-loving chat-room with a very pleasant amoshpere. Which sadly, seems to be longer not the case. Which of course is all thanks to a out of control OP.

If you have been in the now unofficial drunkduck chat room and met the mentioned OP by the name of the following: "TheDoctor", "MechaJebus", or "Jebus"–Then of course you would have a strong impression of him as a OP there. If you believe him to be the sort to abuse his power, then please sign. It's your duty as a member of DrunkDuck to keep everything associated with Drunkduck from spinning out of control!

The last thing we need is the OP reflecting badly on DD as a whole, even though the chat-room is now "unofficial".

Of course, you need to have never been banned by the doctor. Or your signature will not count, sadly. You also need to have been on #DD at one point, and gotten to know thedoctor so that you can give a objective view on him.

Update:

Although I asked for people to have the following requirements that they not be banned prior to signing this peition, it seems that it may not be the case. You do still need to have a objective view on this, or have a vaild reason for beliving in our case to get this person DE-oped. Which of course I want you to write about when you sign the peition.

Thank you.

Posted at

rowra, you lost your damn mind. Jebus is funny! I mean somebody's gotta kick the dumbasses that come in! Besides the only reason drunkduck chat ain't what it used to be is because the nightgig chat crashed and were all there now. And if you ask me its DAMN fun loving.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

20 verifiable "non-joke" sigs and you get your wish, AM. current joke ones that don't count are: Lord Omeriya, Ron Weasley, Matt Damon, the master, and anonymous.

The current official count is 7, so you're a little over 33% there. Me-me originally asked for 10, and probably thinks 20 is an insurmountable number. But keep in mind that Doc has been an ass to people for a number of years to well over a hundred chatters. It's not an impossible achievment.

crocty
crocty
Posted at

HELLZ YES YOU ARE THE BEST PETITION EVER!

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

what DD chat room? someoen toss me a link.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Aurora is mildly mistaken on who's votes don't count. If you have been perma-banned by me or if you use a fake or anonymous name… or if you've never been in the chat room and never plan to… you won't be counted. The only two people who have ever been permabanned are Me-me and Alchemyzer.

Posted at

MY PETITION IS WHERE THE COOL KIDS HANG OUT

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ignorememe/index.html

Ladies and gentlemen, particularly ladies *raises eyebrows up and down*, you may have recently seen a position started by one "Me-me" asking for me to be de-opped. Let me ask you this, what do you know about this me-me character? How about the following:

1. Did you know that he managed to antagonize more people in the DD chatroom in the short span he was there than I have ever managed to?

2. Did you know that he was the first person to be permabanned from the channel due to this very behaviour?

3. Did you know that the boiling point of Mercury is over 625 Kelvin?

4. Did you know that many of the signatures on the other position have been put there by people who were banned by me with permission from the channel founder?

5. Did you know that in Simcity 2000, if you have Launch Arcologies at the right date, they will actually launch into space one at a time, drastically reducing your population and industries, leading to a vast economic recession?

6. Did you know we actually permabanned Auroramoon's boyfriend due to the fact that he was so insufferably annoying that nobody in the channel could stand him?

7. Did you know that this is why so many people get kicked? The rules for the channel are carefully explained. People like me-me, crocty and others (specifically from Top Drawer) violated them on an hourly basis. THIS is why they were kicked/banned.

For all these reasons and a fried chicken, we should ignore me-me's petition.

UPDATE:
EVERYONE GETS A PONY!

crocty
crocty
Posted at

Hahano

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

<— Has never been banned. :D

It's pretty easy to follow the rules, just don't break them once, or they'll be on you like sharks for their own amusement. But, like I said, I've never been banned, so I get a kick out of it, too. :)

Inkmonkey
Inkmonkey
Posted at

Gotta say, after seeing this, I'm glad that I haven't gone to the DrunkDuck IRC in ages.

Posted at

Stop being stupid in this thread or I start deleting.

lastcall
lastcall
Posted at

Gotta say, after seeing this, I'm glad that I haven't gone to the DrunkDuck IRC in ages.

Agreed, I'm glad I never visited it. This whole thing is quite silly.

Posted at

Quite right.

Posted at

<— Has never been banned. :D

It's pretty easy to follow the rules, just don't break them once, or they'll be on you like sharks for their own amusement. But, like I said, I've never been banned, so I get a kick out of it, too. :)

Cthulhu has it exactly right. Here's the DD ban setup for breaking rules:

1st offense: Warning
2nd offense: Kick
3rd offense: 5 minute ban
4th offense: 15 minute ban
5th offense: 30 minute ban
6th offense: 1 hour ban
7th offense: 24 hour ban
8th offense: 1 week ban
9th offense: 1 year ban
10th offense: Banned until the release of the sequel to Duke Nukem Forever

There are also 5 second bans we'll use if you seem to think that getting kicked for something like spamming, then using auto-rejoin and immediately spamming the channel after coming back is a good idea.

Crocty's ban had reached an hour the last time he was banned. That means he was on his sixth offence. Each one of these bans was recognized as valid by the other ops in the channel. He is hardly a person with any valid statements.

ALSO:

I keep logs and records of why everyone who has been banned was. Crocty's is one of the longer ones, but for obvious reasons I'm not going to disclose what each was. Needless to say, most of them are reasons you'd get kicked out of any channel.

Posted at

And because apparently some people are ignoring what was said in the other thread, here it is copied and pasted for your amusement:

OP WATCH 2008 UPDATE

The following is a word for word log of an investigative look into Me-me's new channel, #caao:

Coalition Against Asshole Ops (CAAO) - Founder and CEO Me-me, all other positions to be appointed.

Conversation with #caao at 2/17/2008 5:51:17 AM on TheDoctor@irc.sorcery.net (irc)
(5:51:17 AM) #CAAO: The topic for #CAAO is: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/drunkduckchatop/index.html Our first assignment!
(5:51:17 AM) #CAAO: mode (+b TheDoctor!*@*) by ChanServ
(5:51:17 AM) #CAAO: You have been kicked by ChanServ: (You have been permanently banned from this channel.)

Of course, our ever vigilant reported was not phased by this!

Conversation with #caao at 2/17/2008 5:51:42 AM on TheDoctor@irc.sorcery.net (irc)
(5:51:42 AM) #CAAO: The topic for #CAAO is: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/drunkduckchatop/index.html Our first assignment!
(5:51:42 AM) ChanServ: Coalition Against Asshole Ops (CAAO) - Founder and CEO Me-me, all other positions to be appointed.
(5:51:48 AM) Me-me: hehehe
(5:51:56 AM) Me-me: anything specific you wanted to say?
(5:51:59 AM) TheMaster: Yeah
(5:52:00 AM) TheMaster: nice ass
(5:52:12 AM) Me-me: damn, I mustn't of got the /kickban alias working yet
(5:52:26 AM) Me-me: ah well
(5:52:29 AM) #CAAO: mode (+o Me-me) by ChanServ
(5:52:30 AM) #CAAO: mode (+b *!*@5dea0d39.cpe.net.cable.f33844f1.com.hmsk) by Me-me
(5:52:30 AM) #CAAO: You have been kicked by Me-me: (TheMaster)

Concerned citizen, or hypocritical abusive op? YOU, THE VEIWER MUST DECIDE!

I find it funny that you're attempting to make it seem like you have a flawless record of being a "good OP".

In fact on this petition there's witnesses who can confirm that you have mostly used your op powers for your own malicious amusement more than you have used it for good. OZONEOCEAN said that… and he's known as one of the most fun, lucky-go-around mods on this site! (anybody can see that on the petition if they look).
Now if somebody who has experience with moderating said this about you, that does say a lot doesn't it?

While I admit that you have had GOOD days where you actually did your job, It seems that those "good days" of yours are too few and between as opposed to the days where you kick people randomly "just because". In fact half of the people you kick on a regular basis were actually following the rules.

There was no malicious name-calling expect from YOUR end whenever a "fight" starts. You goad people, getting them so upset enough to call you names so that you can kick them and ban them! And of course, you're allowed to be the only one in the chat room who calls others offensive names just because you're OP.
I've lost count of the many times you've called me bitch, idiot, and the like. even the "Cunt" word was used on a few occasions. And you don't treat anybody else any better. THAT is the reason why I have a bone to pick with you, not because of my boyfriend. I don't even care anymore that he's banned.

Now, if you had actually did a GOOD job of being a OP, then I would had just left that petition alone and even ignored Me-Me when he brought it to my attention.
I put up with your horrible insults for a long time, waiting to see if you ever would actually do your job as a good OP, but you NEVER DID!

Even if this petition doesn't go though, I hope at least this will serve as a wake-up call to what you've been doing. You treat your OP position as a big fat joke, and that's got to STOP!!

I'm very confused. Did all of these "virtual incidents" happen in the #chat channel, or whatever it is? Do I even want to know? …How are people getting their feelings hurt by people they don't even know, miles apart from each other, on a chat channel or forum? Did some DD people meet somewhere and have a fist fight or something? In which case, then I could understand why people are upset. If not, the whole thing makes no sense….. /cry

I'm glad I don't do the chat thing; sounds like too much drama happens in there.

(9:42:40 PM) poinko: 625 kelvin?
(9:42:45 PM) poinko: seriously?
(9:42:47 PM) TheDoctor: yeah
(9:42:49 PM) T_K: man aurora's boyfriend IS freaking annoying
(9:42:51 PM) TheDoctor: 629.88

(9:59:50 PM) Paul: all the people that are saying you didnt make it a nice experience are people we couldve done without in the first place

(2:11:46 AM) TheDoctor: you just want to inject saline into godzilla's scrote, don't you?
(2:12:07 AM) McLwll|brb: I won't be the first one.

(7:30:22 AM) killersteak: im curious who aurora thinks banned her

(7:32:45 AM) poinko: what happened steak, you were like, the only person who ever said 'hey guys, lay off her, she's a good kid' other than randal
(7:32:53 AM) poinko: now you can't stand her any more than we do
(7:33:03 AM) killersteak: i got sick of her whining

(7:37:49 AM) TheDoctor: protip
(7:38:26 AM) TheDoctor: my petition has signatures from people who actually visit the chat

[quote="lastcall"
I'm very confused. Did all of these "virtual incidents" happen in the #chat channel, or whatever it is? Do I even want to know? …How are people getting their feelings hurt by people they don't even know, miles apart from each other, on a chat channel or forum? Did some DD people meet somewhere and have a fist fight or something? In which case, then I could understand why people are upset. If not, the whole thing makes no sense….. /cry

I'm glad I don't do the chat thing; sounds like too much drama happens in there.

If you act like your IQ is higher than the weight of 10 gallons of water in US pounds, you're safe.

Also, emphasis mine.

-_-
I don't really want to used as too much of an example or authority there…

All I know personally, ALL I know is that in chat there is you have more chance of a random booting from APC than the other.
Other than that, some people will seem to be booted just because.

I don't want to take sides and get too much into it more than that, I was asked for my opinion and I gave it.

It's not really as drastic as a lot of people are making it out to be. 23 hours out of any given day is 100% certified drama-free and isn't anything more than a bunch of people hanging out, joking around, talking about comics and whatnot. Occasionally someone will get over the line or what have you and get booted for it. And yeah, usually it's APC who does the booting.

Sometimes yeah, it's a bit much, but it's not like you can't come right back in when it happens. Pretty much everyone who's been banned from the channel (as of this writing) has deserved it and it wasn't all by just APC's hand either.

If you would have asked me about this 2 years ago when he was helping run #nightgig, I woulda agreed with you big-time. But in the big scheme of things, is it really all that important if you get knocked out of a channel for saying something stupid? Nah, not really. The problem is people are just too far wound up about this chat, and you'll find a lot of people who are wound up about it were people who were banned for breaking the rules.

If you visit the chat, you'll see we're a good bunch of people who're easy to get along with. A little rough around the edges sure, but who among us isn't?

Your mom. She has soft and curvy bits.

Save it for the "poinkos mom" thread

Also AM
1. You're way too whiny
2. When you do log in on DD you either rock up assuming we're all going to be your personal entertainers while you can't sleep or you spout off mind numbing gibberish until the room ignores you or someone who speaks as much crap joins in and it becomes a "dueling banjos" of gibberish
3. If I had less tolerance for stupidity like Jebus I'd have kicked you a fair bit too, just cos you can type what's running through your mind doesn't mean you always should

For the other people whining about unfair ops like jebus chances are you were a pain in the ass and had some of the kicks coming to you and the most jebus can do is temporarily kickban you so suck it up, cool down and come back later. If you take the room too seriously you should prolly look for another chat.

Blues hit's the nail on the head. You take things way too seriously and consequently, YOU are creating the drama. Also you're annoying. We've said you're annoying, behind your back AND to your face.

Posted at

I mean, STEAK banned you. You annoyed STEAK to that point.

Leave me out of this… :/

FyreHyde
FyreHyde
Posted at

This thread is in need of some MORDERATION. Also, what the hell is a "scenerio"…is that like..a new cereal? I like cereal. Mmm….

Posted at

I'm going to go ask Ozoneocean to lock this. This has gone on far enough and I'm tired of you fouling up this thread. This was supposed to just be a simple thread in which I wouldn't give out too much details about the drama that was going on in #drunkduck. This was supposed to be a thread in which I politely asked people to give their opinions on whenever you were a good OP or not, and to sign the peition if they felt that you weren't.

It was supposed to be just a simple voting process with me leaving it up to the people to decide if you were good enough as a OP without any of this drama fouling it up.

*sigh*

Posted at

You already asked a heap of people their opinions through PMs. 90% of this forum didn't even know a chat room existed, how would they know if he's a good op or not? And now that they do know a chat room exists they won't be going there anytime soon because they think it's filled with drama and insults. Bravo.

Posted at

You already asked a heap of people their opinions through PMs. 90% of this forum didn't even know a chat room existed, how would they know if he's a good op or not? And now that they do know a chat room exists they won't be going there anytime soon because they think it's filled with drama and insults. Bravo.

I made this thread in the hopes that there was people here who had used the chatroom. if you read the first post of this thread, you will see that I did not discuss any drama going on. In fact I didn't until others started bringing up the "dirty lanudry". Namely crocty and Jebus.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.