Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

can anyone help me give my comic an ending?

zero_kury
zero_kury
Posted at

It's just a crappy comic I started to kill some time, and warned you from the beginning. I would never be to commited to it. And I didn't lie. It's been 15 pages, and I haven't added anything for 2 months. But I'd hate to leave another comic hovering in the ether of unfinishedness for ever. Who can give me a piece of advice, a hint, a word of wisdom, a mere insinuation, the smallest clue on what to do to finish my comic in no more than 4 pages. I know I won't start my next comic if I don't finish this one, so, please? is there any merciful and sympathetic writing soul out there?

herio
herio
Posted at

the fight then then the main dies then finds out he was in a a coma and wake up from it

Posted at

The universe explodes, everyone dies.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I was going to use this for something but…

OK, some guy wakes up and it was all a dream, he says "Oh, it was just a drea-"
*world explodes*

zero_kury
zero_kury
Posted at

thanks for you help guys, but I don't think you even read the comic.
I'm not gonna say I'm not compelled to follow your advices tho'.
Those endings don't sound less than interesting. Keep going.

Oh! and I'm particularly interested in the one about the Universe exploding. How would that look like? I'm intrigued. Probably A Universe imploding would make more sense. But I don't even know if I'm not looking to have much sense here. I'm confused.

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

I just read the whole comic and I agree with that guy Shao who commented it all along. The pages are great and it's a very likeable comic. He said pretty useful things to you all along and gave you nice ideas to try.

I don't think there's a way to end your comic now because we just knew the chars and we know nothing about where they come from, in what world they're in or why the Akira guy saved the victim guy. You could just end the issue or chapter, I would say where it it right now is a great page to end the first chapter or introduction, because it has a great cliffhanger that looks like will reveal many of the questions I told you before. So, to me, leave at where it is and you could think about starting chapter 2 when you feel like it.

About finding someone to work with you, I would say that you need patience. If you're new to the duck I'll tell you, you're in the right place. People from here work with other authors all the time. You just need to melt with the community, and by that I mean spend some time reading other people's material and getting to know them. Eventually you'll find it because there are tons of talented people wanting to collaborate. My advice, just be patient and spend time knowing the place.

EDIT: the cliffhanger I was talking about is the one that the Akira/iori guy saying "he's here". Maybe you could put a new page with the arrival of those new mysterious chars without showing them and that would be a nice end of chapter.

zero_kury
zero_kury
Posted at

Whoa! That was almost a review. Thanks a lot for your encouraging words, Locoma. I guess that's what I needed. I'll keep working on the comic, until the motivation is worn out at least, lol! I'll keep doing what I do the best, which is improvising, so feel free if you see somthing conflicting about the story, for it's hard to always keep an eye out for every single detail that comes to my mind.
And yes, I'm seriously considering to start a second chapter, but not yet. Let me give the current one a proper end.

And I agree, for my next project, I think I'll work with a writer, for my writing sucks, mostly cause I'm not the kind of person that likes writing the scripts in advance, for I like get surprised at the twists too, like any other reader. So I'm just and improviser, which can turn the story too crazy some times. But that's the way I like working. Keeps me in some sense motivated. Plus I'm not an English native speaker, so I'm not sure but I pressume my dialogues, if can be considered such, lack certain naturality.

Anyway. thanks again everyone, no exploding universes this time. I'm sorry.
Hands to work!

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

haha you're welcome man. In fact you reminded me of myself a lot. I started my comic two year ago exactly as you describe yourself: writing just the next page. I had no idea where my story was going, I just wanted to draw. For each page I wrote an idea and worked on it until I reach a point in which I thought "that's cool, I like that". Eventually I put the character in a position that needed a resolution, and I had to work on that in order to solve the "problems" of the main story I was creating. I wrote 10 pages in advance and started to generate general ideas for the main plot, and just a couple of months ago I wrote the whole ending (about 50 pages) because it needed to be written in order to give the story some meaning.

Talking about the story you did, like I said, I don't think you're bad at writing at all (I enjoyed reading those pages) but I understand the need for a writer… it can be tiresome or less fun to run all by yourself.

hehe it's funny, I'm not an English native speaker either, but my readers never complained about that. Many times I complained about needed someone to write my dialogs for me but each time they said the dialogs were fine, so I think you shouldn't worry about that either.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.