Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Estelle Getty dead at 84

Posted at

I was so sad when I heard about this. Estelle was really something special, and though her health had been failing for some time, I still hoped that this day wouldn't come anytime soon.

She always lit up the screen in whatever she played in. It was impossible to not watch and enjoy.

I will definitely miss her. :(

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

she was still alive?
Rude. lol!

Actually, she was the first 'Golden Girl' to die. She was about as old as the rest of them, too. When she played that cantankerous old woman on GG, she was only in her 50's. She had a gray wig and everything.

I was never a big fan of "Golden Girls" or "Stop or my mom will shoot"… But it's sad when a 'real-person' type of celebrity dies. Probably because she had success so late in life was she so down-to-earth. I guess she had been suffering from dementia for a while. That always hard on a family. :(

Ah, well. Rest in piece.

Posted at

i didn't know that…i thought she was 80 on golden girls

Posted at

So many people dying lately.

mattchee
mattchee
Posted at

i didn't know that…i thought she was 80 on golden girls

She was old, to be sure, but I think they made her look a lot older than she was. When she was in "Stop or My Mom Will Shoot" she appeared younger (but still old!) than her character on GG who played Bea Arthur's mother.

Posted at

i think it's funny that i'm in my twenties and i could tell you all about the golden girls.

has anyone else here seen that robot chicken sketch that mixed the golden girls with sex and the city? oh my god… i was laughing so hard…

Randal
Randal
Posted at

Damn, what's wrong with this year? Everyone's dropping like flies. :(

Tons of people die every year, including a fair amount of celebrities. Perhaps you just never noticed before.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.