Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

hero by night on tv

Posted at

wow that's cool! (read skool's post about it)—->

at least platinum is showing signs that they are still working towards big investments and hopefully are profitable. I was worried that Platinum might end up like Malibu comics

i hope the best for platinum cause it will increase DD's longevity in the web (they pay the bills).

although i wonder if DJ is getting any residuals from the show. anyone know?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Poo! I can't see the damn vid at work >_<

Yeah, I got's this press release t' other day… But thought Skool would be better to post it.

It's good news!
So when that becomes a T.V. show, people had BETTER WATCH IT FOR F***'S SAKE!

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

*shits envy EVERYWHERE*

But seriously that is cool, A webcomic becoming a show…wow.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I think this is really cool!

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

wow.. that was… educational. I'm glad places like Drunkduck exist. I don't want my characters to be "owned" by someone other than myself. :(

[edit]
Just checked out the Wikipedia entry for Image Comics. Looks like history repeating itself with the management at Marvel not having learned anything. Kinda sad, I think…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Saw the vid.

Haha, Sub, don't be a dick :P

Blues
Blues
Posted at

I expect to see this when I see FOX actually make their You Damn Kid! show

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

I am so happy…I want to watch this show! That doesnt exist yet!

DOoo, OO! oo! What is the theme song gonna sound like?!

DUnndudndudndudndundnd HEROBYNIGHT———————!

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

Poo! I can't see the damn vid at work >_<

Yeah, I got's this press release t' other day… But thought Skool would be better to post it.

It's good news!
So when that becomes a T.V. show, people had BETTER WATCH IT FOR F***'S SAKE!

Oh, I will. Hopefully the show goes over well and they renew DJ's contract so he can get back to making HBN.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

I always thought The Greatest American Hero was a great show.
"Believe it or not I'm walking on air"

I don't see this show happening.
I read the article and the press and honestly it may show up on UPN right after Magic's Secrets Revealed XVIII and then disappear after 5 episodes to then potential resurface 10 years later on the SciFi Network played during the day like the shows Level 9, Friday The 13th The Series and Haunted. (If you are not familiar with those shows then that's my point… no idea Matthew Fox had a show before Lost called Haunted... huh?)

But seriously, if I was DJ, I would be so pissed. DJ has no rights to the property any more and he will just have sit there and watch them rape it. And how about the comparison to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons of Watchmen in relation to making this show… Really? Really?

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

But seriously, if I was DJ, I would be so pissed. DJ has no rights to the property any more and he will just have sit there and watch them rape it. And how about the comparison to Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons of Watchmen in relation to making this show… Really? Really?
That was the deal he walked into with open eyes at the very beginning. If it was me I'd be completely resigned to it and just interested to see how things would go.

He put a lot into it but it wasn't one of his most prized, precious magnum opuses. DJ is one man who deservers WAY more credit than that- he put this thing together to win that contest; he went for it, he beat the competition, he got the idea into production. It must be a little bemusing to him that people think of him like some sort of 18 year old wide eyed wet behind the ears neophyte…

-I'm not saying you do Midge, but it's the impression a lot of people seem to have.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

At least it sounds like he's got something more important to him right now that he's focused on. That kind of makes Hero By Night the toy he's no longer playing with. I'm sure he does want to see it done right, but he's currently into those Flobots or something.

And Platinum is still crediting him! I'm sure the credits will say, "Based on the web graphic novel by D. J. Coffman"

The kind of neat thing is, the first webcomic to make that jump to an on-the-air TV show is a DrunkDuck-dwelling contest winner… not Penny-Arcade or MegaTokyo or something. That is, of course, if this really does happen. I'm still waiting for a Metroid movie that was announced but will never happen. It could very well be that this announcement is mostly fluff to make it look like Platinum is up to big things.

TheMidge28
TheMidge28
Posted at

That was the deal he walked into with open eyes at the very beginning. If it was me I'd be completely resigned to it and just interested to see how things would go.

He put a lot into it but it wasn't one of his most prized, precious magnum opuses. DJ is one man who deservers WAY more credit than that- he put this thing together to win that contest; he went for it, he beat the competition, he got the idea into production.

and with all that hard work even if it wasn't the Opus magnum anyone would still feel the tinge of hurt and regret… even you Ozone.
(If you say otherwise than you are not human.) ;)

Believe me, major props to him for his webcomic and all his hardwork but at the end of it all I don't see much coming from this tv deal. I think the superhero fad is now on the way out and with it by the time this show hits tv in whatever market that is, its going to flop… no matter how close it remains true to the source material and production value. ;)

I think Plastic has more chances at being successful as a tv show than Hero By Night. The material in that comic has more of an appeal to a larger demographic right up there with Gossip Girl and the 90210 relaunch. Yeah it has lesbians but if Plastic was a TV show… Who wouldn't watch it? I would. And I have an excuse to watch it. If it was a show, my wife would be the one who would be all about… Plastic is on… Plastic is on… DVR it. Then I would act like I didn't want to watch and had to put up with it but in secret I would be like… YEE-HA! lol!

Hapoppo
Hapoppo
Posted at

*shits envy EVERYWHERE*

I second that. When do I get my show about hot girls in corsets fighting CG pirate skeletons?

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.