Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hey everybody, new guy here at teh duckage...

joemeyer
joemeyer
Posted at

Hello!

My name is Joe Meyer, and I'm a cartoonist. Not full-time yet, but I'm trying. I am an alumnus of the School of Visual Arts, where I was lucky enough to be taught by Harvey Kurtzman and Will Eisner. After college, I self-published my work (thru xeroxed pages)and met a lot great people through self-publishing co-ops, some of whom are close friends to this day. Two of them went into the printing business briefly and published two of my books: Beat Peculiar, and 365joe. 365joe was a daily autobio strip that lasted from 2001-2004. It wasn't until 2006 that I decided to do an autobio strip again. But this time around I drew everybody as anthropomorphic characters. Got a nice reaction from it and I am running it here 3 times a week up until I stopped doing the strip, in June of this year.
Now I am concentrating on finishing my long-neglected story, Slammin Bunneez, which if all goes well, should be starting up in September. It originally appeared in my first published book, Beat Peculiar. Although this time around, the art's been 'remastered', and the story expanded to tell the whole story I wanted to tell.
*exhales*
Well, I am hoping that I haven't bored anybody to death here, but I just wanted to say wassup to everyone, and I hoping that I get to meet a lot of new and exciting talent here as well as in the future pick y'all brains about comics and cartooning. Please feel free to read my stuff and let me know what you think! Always down for a little constructive critcism and always into learning new things.http://www.drunkduck.com/Destroying_The_Illusion/index.php
Thanks everyone! 8D

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Welcome to DrunkDuck, Sean!

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

Welcome to your doom. (fight!)

Welcome.

ZeroVX
ZeroVX
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

Hello!

My name is Joe Meyer, and I'm a cartoonist.

You were a big fan of the old Garfield cartoon show, weren't you?

D0m
D0m
Posted at

Welcome! Sounds like you'll be great to have around!

Posted at

Hey man, greetings to a fellow alumni of the Big Apple, the Melting Pot, The City That Never Sleeps….

(I was an NYU Film kid. Lame, I know.)

Dani Russo
Dani Russo
Posted at

Yay! You're here!

Muuuuwahahahaaa. Caving in to peer pressure!

I think you'll like this place, dude. :D

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome Want some Cold Hot Cola?

Posted at

Welcome to The Duck, hope it's all you're expectin'.

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Hi

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.