Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Hi, I'm new here. First time trying to make a webcomic.

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Like the title said.
Anyway, about myself…
I like fantasy-ish stuff with a good bit of humor (and action), and after reading some of the great stuff at DD, I felt inspired to make my own–The Goblin Apprentice.

I'm still an amateur artist, but I'm hoping to improve over time. In the mean time, I'm still studying.

At the moment I'm having a bit of difficulty with the pages (what with not having done programming before…) and they are a bit too big. But hopefully you'll try to read them anyway.

Thanks and enjoy.

Posted at

Hi, mt1608! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) Have fun making comics here, and enjoy the weather! ;)

By the way, does the "mt" in your username stand for anything, or should I pronounce it as "Mount 1608"? huh!?

Aghammer
Aghammer
Posted at

mighty terse? Just guessin.

I think we are all amateur artists here (for the most part) so dive in and enjoy. None of my stuff is fantasy but I can dig it (since it's mostly, you know, outside, and stuff).

There are several free programs that you can use to size your art and fix scanner issues, etc. Here is one I like http://www.getpaint.net/

I use that when I need a quick size or adjustment fix. When I need to fix some SSA (seriously sucky art) I use photoshop.

Anyway, welcome to the duck!

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

I DO NOT RECONIZE NNNUUUUMMMMMBBBBBBBAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

Unless they join my cult.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Welcome to the Duck, Mt1608!

Oh man, yeah - your pages are WAY too big - but you can definitely resize them with any number of free programs out there. Aghammer recommended one, but I also suggest IrfanView. It's not good for much other than resizing, but it's a small program that won't take up much space on your computer.

Otherwise, I really like your style, especially the expressive eyebrows. ^.^

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Welcome, Would you Like a Cold Hot Cola?

NickGuy
NickGuy
Posted at

less talking moar komix.

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Oh, mt is just the initials of my first name and surname for short. The numbers are… from an old username, and nothing to be afraid of…

Thanks for the replies everyone. :o That was fast.

Will definitely look up those programs, and uh… Cold? Cola?

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Just wondering… So the undesirably large size of my page can't be adjusted through drunk duck comic layout section?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Alas, you can't adjust through the layout - the layouts typically adjust to accomodate your images. Alternatively, you can try adjusting your scanner settings to scan in at the actual size instead of a higher resolution. Worth a shot.

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Thanks a lot for the freeware suggestions. It seems to work, although a few pages are still oversized (I think). Oh, and a few comments added to the pages.

Posted at

Welcome! I use the GIMP for my all image editing and resizing needs, but it might be overkill for little jobs like adjust resolution, plus it's very complex to learn. :P

Glad to have you among us. Hope you enjoy yourself here on DD! :)

Oh, and since you haven't been warned yet, don't drink the cola. It either kills you or kills your mind. Do you want a dead mind? I thought not.

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck MT 1608:) I use the GIMP as well…also be weary of the cola unless you are desperately thirsty:)

Posted at

Welcome friend! Drunkduck is alot of fun. I hope you enjoy yourself :)

Dark Clown
Dark Clown
Posted at

Oh, mt is just the initials of my first name and surname for short. The numbers are… from an old username, and nothing to be afraid of…

The Cold Hot Cola is good, they all will lie to you to get you not to drink it. they all want it for themselves QUICK Drink it before they try and take it from you.

Posted at

The Cold Hot Cola is good, they all will lie to you to get you not to drink it. they all want it for themselves QUICK Drink it before they try and take it from you.
… Dude seriously how long have you been doin' this bit? Get some new material.

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Good luck, have fun, and don't press charges! :)

mt1608
mt1608
Posted at

Have fun… that I definitely will, heh!

Posted at

"Dark Clown" Said:

"mt1608" Said:

… Dude seriously how long have you been doin' this bit? Get some new material.
Hey - that is new material. Some of us have been waiting weeks for that update.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.