Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
NotBob
NotBob
Posted at

Bought myself a laptop on the Thursday after last Christmas 'coz I knew Santa wouldn't get me one! It's wireless enabled which means I can do all my internet stuff for free down at the pub! WAAHAY!!! And some of the graphics packages I've loaded onto it are fantastic! Now if only I can learn how to use my pen and tablet properly…

Posted at

Mine's pushing about six years now, I believe. It still works fairly well until I try to open a giant art file in Photoshop. It starts showing its age right around 150MB and it only gets worse from there, lol. =P

I also have one from a while back that still has Windows ME on it, but I don't use it for anything anymore aside from playing music.

TheTopHat
TheTopHat
Posted at

3 years or so. bought with my 1st paycheck…and it hates me.

Well maby not but is a querky bugger, full of little prombles i figer out how to go round but not fix.
One good thing about this is that no one but me can figer out how to get the thing to work. It a pain in the ass but i love it.

FAL
FAL
Posted at

I use an iMac G5 for drawing my comic. It's about 2 years old now.

It's great except It doesn't have the power to handle some of my backgrounds. Sometimes I have to draw without seeing what I'm doing since it takes a few seconds to update… (I draw everything in Flash, although it doesn't look like it)

Of course this is all program related since in Illustrator it can handle anything I draw, but I dont like the look of it's strokes…

Freux
Freux
Posted at

I totally souped mine up a few months ago for WoW.. then I quit playing. Boo!

Mine has the weirdest/neatest model name ever. It's called an 'ABS Awesome'.

rococo
rococo
Posted at

July 2005, I think … late-ish 18th birthday present for going away to university! :)

I really need to get a new graphics card for this beastie, though … it's got plenty of RAM, but completely and totally struggles whenever I try to render anything animated or put on any games.

Posted at

Main computer is about four months old, but it was a cheapie 3.4ghz and 256mb ram, Laptop not sure as i got it cheap second hand (1.3ghz and 512mb)

Before that i had a computer that i got the week windows 98 came out, still works but i wanted something that would run xp so i could use Photoshop CS2.

Gonna upgrade the ram in both at some stage!

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

It is shiney and new as the old one just died. Unfirtunatly there is a lot of info trapped on the old one that I need to figure out how to get at. It just jeeps crashing…

Posted at

My computer was bought in 2000 or 2001, and I upgraded some parts. It came with an 800mHz processor, 64MB of ram, 40GB disk, Windows ME, and some nvidia graphics card. Upgraded the ram to 300-something MB, added a 160GB drive, installed Debian Linux (testing branch), went through 3 keyboards, replaced the CD burner with another one, added in a cheap TV framegrabber (I don't need fancy onboard MPEG chips, they can't do 2-pass), added in an old GeForce 4 card for dual-head support… and that's it. Still a sucky configuration, but the apps I use are semi-usable.

You should see some of the boxes in the school library. They're _white_ IBM boxes that they got when I was in 4th grade. FOURTH GRADE. They still have them.

Of course, they did get rid of a lot of white IBM boxes in classrooms for new Dell workstations, so they aren't being super-dumb.

Posted at

Mine is 8 months old. But the old one was 8 years when I got rid of it. Now he's servin' as a server in hospital network. I'm so proud of him^^

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.