Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

I dont like the new forum look at all, for one the bright white text on a dark background really hurts my eyes.
Couldnt you guys gone with grey/silver or something?

And like whats already been said, its really claustrophobic too.

Eunice P
Eunice P
Posted at

Perhaps I could provide some suggestions to improve the layout of this forum?

Color schemes - Dark aqua green throughout the forum area with the dark purple control panel is making the whole forum area dark and looks similarly packed together. I suggest perhaps you could use soothing color for the posted text area.

View Category - Link is leading to the main forum. I would like the link used to lead separate the forum category. In future, perhaps we could see DD Forum » View Categories » View Topics » Topic Name

Image icons over buttons for the reply page - For the underline, italics, etc. buttons.

*NEW* - remove the dotted line around the *NEW* word for the new posts. Bold the topic title to give attention to the users if possible.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

Wow, talk about patience, guys, give it time for things to normalize, no big upgrades / implementations work out 100 % smoothly ever and we have volte constantly working his butt off in this. Just state the concerns and it will be addressed to in due time, its not like we pay for this stuff and all.

On that note, the color scheme of this forum gives me eye strain and it would be great to get the sigs back, But in overall i think the whole site thing looks great.

Posted at

my eyeballs hurt and stuffs /cry and the old forums are such big lettering I can't read any of it for an exstended period of time. And I have no idea what is new and not new from the main page….I miss the old form….and no signatire to put a banner on? That makes me sad.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

I said it in another post, but I'll say it again.

I miss my user forum where I had a lot of information posted about my comics and such.
Even if no one looked at it *sniffle*
*cries in a corner*

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

Wow. Um…

…Yeah. Wow. Would I just seem like a jerk if I said that I liked the old forums' design and layout better? Because I kind of did. I especially am not too fond of the white text on the dark blue background. It makes the posts seem less… I don't know… literary, I suppose. Less serious. And harder to read as well.

Sorry, guys. I understand you're working on things…

~IJ

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

I don't think any stuff is lost…just not transferred. I hope.

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I said it in another post, but I'll say it again.

I miss my user forum where I had a lot of information posted about my comics and such.
Even if no one looked at it *sniffle*
*cries in a corner*

It will make a return!

Everyone, I think it's fair to say the forums need a color scheme review. What would you like to see? I personally like dark text on light backgrounds… maybe that's the way to go…

Better yet, make a screenshot and color it in ;) Post it here and we'll see what works!

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Wow. Um…

…Yeah. Wow. Would I just seem like a jerk if I said that I liked the old forums' design and layout better? Because I kind of did. I especially am not too fond of the white text on the dark blue background. It makes the posts seem less… I don't know… literary, I suppose. Less serious. And harder to read as well.

Sorry, guys. I understand you're working on things…

~IJ

Would I be a jerk if I agreed with you? Don't worry ;)

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

I don't think any stuff is lost…just not transferred. I hope.

Indeed.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

It will make a return!

Hoooray =D

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I found the new forum very… jagged. I did like the layout of the old forum, maybe because I'm used to it, but also it was easier to read. I find it really hard to navigate through the Categories and Topics, with all the boxes and dark color scheme. I know we've beaten the color scheme issue to death, but I think that's the biggest issue at the moment. Also, the *NEW* thing on the topics really really annoys me. It's just a lot of stuff to take in at the moment.

Poor Volte6. He's just getting bashed. Change is scary, but I suppose change can be a good thing as well.

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

It will make a return!

Everyone, I think it's fair to say the forums need a color scheme review. What would you like to see? I personally like dark text on light backgrounds… maybe that's the way to go…

Better yet, make a screenshot and color it in ;) Post it here and we'll see what works!

Anything that doesnt involve white/a bright colour on a dark background…
seriously.. i cant look at this forum for more than a few minutes because it hurts.

That aside though, i like the way the main page looks and such. Lots of purty new features to play with, and the forums have potential. just have a couple of issues at the moment.

nice job though guys.

Posted at

The new forum is really…less user-friendly than the old forum but that's probably because the old forum was just the generic standard forum a lot of places use. This new forum probably took forever to make but…but…ah whatever I'll get over it.

Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

Don't lose hope. This is just the start. The new forum will get a lot of the old features back over time, I'm sure.

Plus, new ones that we never even thought of.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Plus, new ones that we never even thought of.

How about giant enemy crabs and real-time weapon changing? I always wanted those…

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Ah, also, I noticed that all of my old PM messages got deleted. Will they be coming back? I needed some of the information in some of those messages…

I can migrate those, methinks. Give me a little time though.

glenoneill
glenoneill
Posted at

why would yo go against PHPBB? That's like trying to re-invent the wheel.

Whiskers
Whiskers
Posted at

I'm not one for change. To be frank, this forum is rather… Icky. I do like how it integrates into the whole Drunk Duck theme, however, it feels less like a forum and more like one of those new fangled inboxes. *le sigh*

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

why would yo go against PHPBB? That's like trying to re-invent the wheel.

Integrated sign-ons. Spambot free. It's better, and it will be proven. Give it time.;)

Posted at

I feel like…wade the fade from choicecomics should fiddle with this site some.

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

Ah, also, I noticed that all of my old PM messages got deleted. Will they be coming back? I needed some of the information in some of those messages…

I can migrate those, methinks. Give me a little time though.

Oh good! That's all I needed to know. Thanks, Volte6.

Posted at

I gotta agree, it feels cramped, but other than that, I'm willin to try.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.