Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ronson
Ronson
Posted at

See, and I love that panel on the right. I don't ever want it to go away. :)

It should be an option.

Posted at

See, and I love that panel on the right. I don't ever want it to go away. :)

It should be an option.

yeah, as long as it goes away on my end.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

It's definitly better than it was. There should still be seperate sections which certain things go into. Like have "Animation,TV and Books" be grouped with what it used to be grouped with, etc.

I need my mod powers back on the forums I'm moderator of though. I can't use the Review forum the same way anymore since I can't edit Eggbert's posts to take certain comics from being the "CURRENT REVIEW".

Enef
Enef
Posted at

Yay, finally the catergories look organised, and i think i can tell when there are new posts in them

also i could do with a "mark forum as read button" because i only read certain topics.

Posted at

Well, the 'new replies since last post' thing isn't to my taste yet (I thought the phpBB version was just perfect)… it's a bit awkward finding the new posts still. And, if you go to a forum and see new posts, they'll STAY marked new until you actually go in and read them. There are some I'm just not going to ever read but they still come up as new.

Anyway, it's only been like, a day, so I'm sure I can wait. T_T I seem to be managing okay as it is, it's just tough to do the 'second run through' that I usually do on forums (checking for replies and things).

Volte6
Volte6
Posted at

Well, the 'new replies since last post' thing isn't to my taste yet (I thought the phpBB version was just perfect)… it's a bit awkward finding the new posts still. And, if you go to a forum and see new posts, they'll STAY marked new until you actually go in and read them. There are some I'm just not going to ever read but they still come up as new.

Anyway, it's only been like, a day, so I'm sure I can wait. T_T I seem to be managing okay as it is, it's just tough to do the 'second run through' that I usually do on forums (checking for replies and things).

The *new* ones that don't go away unless to view them disappear in a weeks time I believe.

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

Another thing I think would be a nice change is more differentiation between what is a sticky/announcement and what are regular posts. They dont seem to stand out enough eventhough there is the little box that says what it is.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

Alright, so I got some mod powers back, but I still can't edit the TITLE of a thread. I need to be able to do this to be of any use in the Review forum. Hope that gets fixed. Other than that the changes are making this much better.

Posted at

They haven't yet finished the moderator system, because of the way it is working right now we only have a few people re-modded, sorry. :( Hopefully things will get more or less back to usual before long.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

I think we have more than enough moderators and admins to be honest.

I don't think everyone who use to be one needs to be one again.

Posted at

It was nice having people be responsible for certain areas though, rather than taking on the responsibility of being a 'universal' moderator. Some people preferred to be in charge of just one type of thing (like CCS1989, Eggbert, and Vega of comic reviews) because that is where their interest was. And if those guys are interested in doing it, then people who aren't as interested don't have to. :) So it wasn't specifically about wanting a great number of mods… it was more about wanting mods who were interested in their respective forums.

VegaX
VegaX
Posted at

Generally i think people are so used to the standard form of the PhpBB boards that anything that is different feels akward. I know i do at some extent.

I was a little sceptic at first since the forum missed a LOT of the basic options and links, but now that i see the code is constantly being worked on i feel calm and relaxed. ;)

"The future will be better tomorrow!"

Posted at

That is like saying, "the future will be better… in the future!"

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

still no search on the forum? or am I missing it?
hehe agreed with vegax, I feel calm too
I love that it's integrated, it's a whole giant duck now

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

I'm going to be a needlessly provocative git even though everyone else already got the angry out of their system already.
Yup, you go ahead and do that. nobody cares anymore, we did all those bits already, you turned up too late to join in.

Posted at

I like the post size in this new forum. The usual forum size always seems like a great yawning void to me, stretching from one side of the screen to the other. I can never come up with enough words to feel like I've actually said something, as they rarely add up to more than 2-3 lines.

The part of the forum that displays the list of topics is very bland compared to the replies themselves, which have signatures and avatars to colour things up. After the rush for new (and old) features winds down a bit, that could use some icons and stuff.

I also like the fact that the upgrade fixed my problem with not being able to post comments to comics. I was about 1 day away from actually mentioning it. It saved me an email! And signed me up for the forums! That's called time-and-work-saving technology, it is! ;)

Comicmasta
Comicmasta
Posted at

The only thing this forum is missing is like pictures next to the word so that people know its new,

I mean you dont have to put that but it'd be better then having "**NEW**" next to the topics.

This forum is great, but im just saying ^

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

i think it will be better once they work some stuff out. it is kinda ugly though.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

We could use the navigation at the bottom of the threads too, I hate scrolling up from the bottom to get anywhere.

So this thing:

» View Categories » General Discussion » I Hate This New Forum » Reply

Needs to be added to the bottom as well, if possible.

Hawk
Hawk
Posted at

We could use the navigation at the bottom of the threads too, I hate scrolling up from the bottom to get anywhere.

So this thing:

» View Categories » General Discussion » I Hate This New Forum » Reply

Needs to be added to the bottom as well, if possible.

I was about to suggest that one, too.
Good idea.

Posted at

I kind of like the width too, it's easier to read things on a computer screen when they are in narrower columns. I'd worry about pictures or something stretching the table out though.

hpkomic
hpkomic
Posted at

I kind of like the width too, it's easier to read things on a computer screen when they are in narrower columns. I'd worry about pictures or something stretching the table out though.

That means no more of those retarded image macros. :D

Or at least keeping them under a certain size.

Posted at

Well I've noticed that the forum shrinks images that are bigger than the box's width is supposed to be, like in the thread in my sig.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.