Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I just went to the opticians

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

It turns out that I don't need glasses. Yay? I was quite surprised because my vision, she is not so good. It also appears that I spend too much time on my computer. :(

Then our car got hit by a barrier. The ones at car parks. It just came swooping down and hit the top of our car. No damage though…

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I finally got some new contacts! I have been wearing the same pair for about 3 months now (and they are only supposed to last one month) and I probably did some damage to my eyes.

You are lucky that you don't need glasses/contacts.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Ouch, contacts?!? I'll stick by my glasses until the day I die. At least they don't involve poking stuff into my eyes.

Posted at

Yay, of course yay! I can't read anything without my reading glasses (and I am not old yet). Contacts won't help me work at the computer or anything. Plus my eyes get tired easily lately… ah well. Good for you!

Posted at

Just about every member of my family wears glasses and I don't…

It's… weird.

Posted at

meh, you get pretty used to sticking things in your eyes. Glasses are way less maintenance though and almost zero chance of eye infection. Perfect eyesight though…that…must be awesome.

Posted at

Just about every member of my family wears glasses and I don't…

It's… weird.

*gasp* Me too!

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

I am about due for an optician visit, due to the glaucoma on both sides of the family, and the african heratige thing my eyesight is pretty much doomed, oddly I'm the only member of my family who currently dosen't wear glasses, which sucks, because Glasses make me look sexier.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I wear contacts. I used to wear glasses, but there are some people who look real good in glasses, and I sure wasn't one of them. Besides, glasses don't mess up your hair AND don't leave that gross greasy residue on the sides of your nose from the little nose-bridge-cushion-pad-things.

I didn't know old contacts could damage your eyes, though. The pair I'm wearing right now must be almost three months old. Luckily we just picked up a new set today. (One drawback about contacts, though: They're expensive, and you gotta keep buying them. Sometimes I think that, if I got my eye yanked out in some freakish industrial accident, then at least I could take comfort in the fact that buying contacts would be half as cheap. Plus I'd have non-stereoscopic vision– probably good for observational drawing– and I'd get to wear an eyepatch, which would add to my general aura of danger and mystique.)

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

I have an equal emotional attachment to both my glasses and my contacts. When I first got contacts I was so excited because I wanted to get green-colored ones… but then I tried them and all they did was turn my eyes blackish-brown. Gosh darn my brown eyes! With my glasses I get a few more fashion oppurtunities* than with only contacts.

I didn't know old contacts could damage your eyes, though.

Of course they can! Anything you shove into your eye has the possibility of damaging it. A more legitimate reason, though, is that they can tear and get "stuff" (the term my optemologist actually uses) stuck in them that can, in turn, cut up your eyes. I've had contacts that are too old tear apart as I am trying to take them out. Then I have the hassle of fishing around my eye for the rest of the contact.

If you ever got an eyepatch you'd have to wear it with your fez then. Extra-fancy intimidation factor there…yeeeeeah….

*See: Laziness to the mornings where I am too tired to put my contacts in.

ccs1989
ccs1989
Posted at

There is no way I would ever wear contacts. I've been wearing glasses for about a year, and I've gotten used to them. They can't damage your eyes, and they're easy to put on. Sure, they might look a little stupid, but it's better than going blind or having to take care of contacts.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

<—-no Contacts or Glasses!W00T!

Posted at

I got disposable contacts. I rarely wear them, but when I do, I get to throw them away at the end of the day. They come in 30 day packages. Rather practical and not too expensive.

Weaselon
Weaselon
Posted at

I've worn contacts for years. Far, far better than glasses in my opinion. I have the "2 weeks" disposable kind, which can be worn for far longer safely - there was actually a lawsuit about this they lost for underestimating the lifetime to make more $.

You get used to putting them in your eyes, and then you don't have to worry about it for a month or so. It certainly works for me; my vision is so terrible that when I went to get a pair of emergency glasses with my prescription, the curvature of the lens actually warps the edges of my vision. =( I'm far happier not having that warp and having peripheral vision as well. Plus I can buy cheap sunglasses!

Mazoo
Mazoo
Posted at

You get used to putting them in your eyes, and then you don't have to worry about it for a month or so.
I actually have the ones where I need to take them out daily. The contact itself lasts up to one month, but I can't sleep in them and stuff. Otherwise they stick to my eye and hurt when I take them out. (I was actually told that if I left them in that when I took them out I would actually be ripping off a layer of my eye… It scared me enough to never, ever, sleep with them in.)

Posted at

Glasses FTW. I love my glasses. Although…I dunno, I guess the way the glasses are I wear them pretty high on my nose, and they brush up against my eyelashes, and that gets really irritating after a while. Which blows. But I still don't plan on getting contacts, though.

And I stand behind the belief that depending on frames, anyone and everyone can look hot in glasses, they just need to find the right frames.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

You get used to putting them in your eyes, and then you don't have to worry about it for a month or so.
I actually have the ones where I need to take them out daily. The contact itself lasts up to one month, but I can't sleep in them and stuff. Otherwise they stick to my eye and hurt when I take them out. (I was actually told that if I left them in that when I took them out I would actually be ripping off a layer of my eye… It scared me enough to never, ever, sleep with them in.)

True. You do risk ripping off your corneas if you try to take off your contacts after sleeping with them in. Plus, on a lesser note, you starve your eyeball of precious oxygen and moisture, causing it to get all red and itchy. Do this enough times in a row, and you can lose your vision.

I have heard of semi-permeable contacts, but I'm not sure how much faith I would put in them.

Posted at

eh? I use Rigid glass semi-permeables! They're pretty much hard contacts. I think they work great…you never have to replace them as long as you take good care of them. They're smaller than soft contacts and a little more maintenance just because people don't make those 1-step solutions for them but cheaper in the long run because you don't have to replace them.

Although I heard people that wear soft have trouble transitioning because you can feel the hard contacts in your eyes a little more. I wouldn't know because I've never worn soft. I also heard if you wear these to sleep, they'll probably scratch up your eyes and you'll be fucked…but I've never worn them to sleep so I don't know about that either.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.