Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

I'm really excited

mhowad
mhowad
Posted at

Two years ago i read two books, Will Eisner's Visual Narrative and Graphic Storytelling, and Scott McClouds Understanding comics. After reading those books, I have been forever a fan of comics books, and especially comic strips. it was earlier this past fall that i bagan to fall in love with webcomics.

i am a senior in highschool, and have spent many a studyhall reading webcomics such as, xkcd, questionable content, the buttercup festival, the perry bible fellowship, bunny, and many others. I was inspired to attempt my own hand at drawing comics and began drawing stick figure strips, and eventually created a pair of cartoon characters that look way to much like charlie brown and calvin.

I have yet to post my comic on this site, or online, because that is not why i come here. I found this site a few days ago, and it seems to be filled with a wide range of web comics, and an even wider range of artists. There are so many styles and levels that i can't help but beleive that reading, study, and conversating others work will only help me realize my own potential.

I understand that for this to happen others are going to have to see my work, but for now i would like to say hello, and just let you know that i am around, and eager to take in as much knowledge and information as possible.

The best part about this site seems to be the wide range of talent and content.

Also, what exactly is a ninny?

Orange
Orange
Posted at

Also, what exactly is a ninny?

No idea, but we have a crazy one around here. Why don't you ask her?

Really glad you decided to join us, this place is great.
Except for mind maggots.
:D!

Posted at

Well, lets hope that your comic becomes super popular and I hope that you enjoy yourself here at DD.

:)

Also, don't leave us.

Priceman
Priceman
Posted at

Sweet, another convert to the dark side that is comics! MU HA HA HA HA…*cough* *weeze*

Anyway, glad to have you. Make yourself at home, and feel free to ask around if you need help.

Posted at

Welcome! It seems that everyone's already taken all the good lines, and that leaves me without any funny quip, witty remark, or nice, helpful thing to say. Drat.

Well, hope you have fun here and enjoy the vast assortment of awesome comics we (aka, me) have to offer.

crazyninny
crazyninny
Posted at

A Ninny is a holy being that you must worship. NOW WORSHIP MEH.

*A ninny is a British term for some one silly or not bright.*

Posted at

A Ninny is a not holy being you must not worship.

Ever.

Also hi, don't try to leave, they place mines.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Hi, mhowad! Welcome to the duck - there are so many talented people here, I'm sure you can learn some new tricks =) Good luck, and I do hope you'll post your comic as well.

mhowad
mhowad
Posted at

At the moment I'm trying to locate a decent scanner, once I do i should have my first few strips posted by friday.

Also, I just got my vaccine against the mind maggot's.

Posted at

Welcome to the Duck!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.