Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

I was about to say :P

Posted at

You're welcome Ofools

I think the mustache might have finally gone to your head.
So… where was it before? 0.o

Posted at

But clear and care don't really rhyme?
They rhyme phonetically. Clear, care, tear, heir, smear, air and tons of words that are not written the same but sound the same are considered to be rhyme words.

Hence why the "I'm a poet, and I don't know it" comment is considered to rhyme as well. It's silly, I know but, I didn't make up this haphazard mess of rules that's English grammar.

Anyone can run to be a GM, provided they've play the game at least twice already. It's to make sure that the applicant has at least competent understanding of how the game works. That means that Fools, pokketmonstah and Ally heart, who've just finished playing their first game, have to play at least one more game before they can consider running for GM.

Posted at

I cannot believe I missed that! I went back and it was staring at me in the face
"The GM needs to posses a fair understanding on how the game runs."

The GM needs to posses…

The GM

GM.

I'm such an idiot!

And yes, it is possibly the moustache. I must not have calibrated it correctly for my brain, apparently it thinks for me, and we all know how crappy moustaches are at understanding simple things like reading properly.

"Hi, I'm Ofools, I don't brain so good when it comes to them long things with all them squiggly bits dat make up dem sentences…"

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Yeah. The GM rules are older rules that Product Placement, Skoolmunkee and I cooked up around the 5th game.

And Product, I seriously mean that clear and care don't phonetically sound anything like each other. They would be last resorts in poetry because they don't sync up enough. Because ear and air doesn't rhyme, the only similarties are the hard "c" and that is not enough to call it rhyme…sorry. I like rhyming.

Posted at

Narration!
Salsa had gotten bored of the game, and decided to wander around the house. He came across the birthday boy's parents' bedroom, and thought he might as well get something for himself out of this crappy party - he grabbed the mother's purse and rooted around inside it, looking for cash. He'd just found her cellphone when he heard a noise, and looked around, seeing a crazy-looking man with a knife!

"Didn't you know it's rude to look through other people's possessions? Were you never educated?" said the man, who didn't give Salsa a chance to answer before plunging the knife into his chest.

[spoiler]Salsa the Normal Kid is dead![/spoiler]

Clues:

[spoiler]
- bedroom = "bed time" in my profile
- cellphone = "phone" in my profile
- crazy-looking = "crazy" in my profile
- educated = "Educomix", comic I assist
[/spoiler]

same
same
Posted at

Mafia XLVI: Kill Fest
Co run by zeph.

A new exciting tv show has come to townston.
The program.
Many towns folk have signed up with the prospect of big prizes.
What could be more fun than a little harmless fun.
A couple of rounds of paintball. One hundred million dollars for the winning team.
What could go wrong.
Unfortunatly. Quite a lot when you dont read the small print.

The unwitting villagers have signed their lives away.
The only escape is either win or die.
Kill or be killed.
We all know the drill.

Day one.
Red and blue captains are assigned.
Team captains will choose their teams.
First come, first served.
Anyone not chosen will be shuffled and added to the teams.
Teams will be equal in numbers.

Phase 2. Move out.
For the first kill phase players get to move anyway here they want on their teams half of the grid. From then on its 2 moves per player.
Team kills are entirely possible so make sure you dont kill your own team in the crossfire.

Movements will take place. Players choose where they want to go.
Player movements are listed like so:

Player movements:
B4
C2
C2
B1
A7
F10
E9

Phase 3. attacks.

Depending on weapon the player may attack within their range.

Phase 4. Repeat phase 2 - 3 until the end of the game.

—————————————————————————-

Weapons which will be randomly assigned.

Long range rifle: Can fire in one direction all the way across the grid.
Stops after one hit. Cannot hit within the same square.
Medium range rifel: Fires up to 5 squares.
Stops after one hit. Cannot hit within the same square.

Machine gun: Fires up to 3 squares. Up to 2 kills per attack.

Grenades: Thrown 2 squares away with a range of 1 square spread.
Like a one square plus sign. Total of 4 squares effected.

Pistol: Can only attack one square in any direction.

Melee: Can only attack on the same square.

Surprise sack: You get 2 randomized weapons.

——————————————————————–

Special items: Randomly given on special squares to the first person to land on them.
They will be hidden.
Body armour: Avoid one hit by anything other than machine gun.
C4: One use. Can be left on a square and will be detonated when someone of
the other team lands on the square.

Dead zones.

Deadzones are randomly generated with every attack phase and last for the rest of the game unless stood on.
Passing through or landing on a deadzone will kill you.
Deadzones will be displayed when generated.
Pay attention to the map so you dont hit one.

Narrations and actions will be posted at 11pm BST.
10pm GMT
and
4pm CST.

Salsa had been moving in on a cluster of enemies. He watched from the distance.
They didnt move. They must not have noticed him. He readied his grenade. Pin pulled, arm swung back. He was about to throw when he noticed something glisten from the corner of his eye.
Same had his rifle aimed at salsa but it wasnt for his head. Same fired. The bullet tore through his elbow as his arm was fully stretched behind his back. The grenade fell from his hand as his arm hit the floor.
Salsa dropped to the ground screaming in agony as same ducked behind a close boulder.
Covering the wound he managed to push himself up. With the pain he forgot about the pinless grenade lying just a few feet away.

[SPOILER]Salsa's body was blown 3 squares away
In different directions.[/SPOILER]

Posted at

All right Niccea. You finally went and did it. You made me look it up.

Apparently clear and care is classified as a Half rhyme or Sprung rhyme. It's sometimes grouped with slant rhyme, near rhyme, oblique rhyme, off rhyme or imperfect rhyme. It's when the final consonants of the words matches and is commonly practiced with literary consonance.

It's popular with Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Icelandic poetry.

Other forms of rhymes exists like;
Syllabic (a rhyme in which the last syllable of each word sounds the same but does not necessarily contain vowels (cleaver, silver, or pitter, patter)),
imperfect (a rhyme between a stressed and an unstressed syllable (wing, caring)),
semirhyme (a rhyme with an extra syllable on one word (bend, ending))
oblique or slant/forced (a rhyme with an imperfect match in sound (green, fiend; one, thumb))
assonance (matching vowels (shake, hate (assonance is sometimes used to refer to slant rhymes))),
consonance (matching consonants (rabies, robbers)),
half rhyme or sprung rhyme (matching final consonants (bent, ant)),
alliteration or head rhyme (matching initial consonants (short,ship)),
eye rhyme (similarity in spelling but not in sound (cough, bough or love, move)).

Alternatively, a perfect rhyme, also called a full rhyme, exact rhyme or true rhyme, must not only have an identical vowel (like sky and high) but must also have a preceding articulation that differs. "Hear" and "ear" are not proper rhymes because "h" is not considered to be a distinct articulation. "Leave" and "believe" does not work either because the preceding articulation is the same ( "l" ). "Green" and "spleen" however are perfect rhymes.

On top of that, perfect rhymes can be classified in different manners, depending on where the location of the final stressed syllable is;
masculine (a rhyme in which the stress is on the final syllable of the words (rhyme, sublime)),
feminine (a rhyme in which the stress is on the penultimate (second from last) syllable of the words (picky, tricky)),
dactylic (a rhyme in which the stress is on the antepenultimate (third from last) syllable (cacophonies, Aristophanes)).

And these are just examples of rhyming rules found in the English language.

So like it or not, it's considered rhyming. Just not a very good one.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Defeating logic with science.
And his avatar just makes it perfect.

Posted at

…Wow, I picked the wrong game to suddenly decide to run. I don't stand a chance.

Posted at

…Wow, I picked the wrong game to suddenly decide to run. I don't stand a chance.
Why? Youve as much of a chance as anyone.
But the last few elections barely had anyone running, whereas quite a few people are running this time.

Posted at

Don't worry, it's not like anyone will vote for 1337, so that's a contestant you don't have to deal with.

The sensible and faithful candidate.

The one who does all the dirty work for this nation's mafia.

The trusted and beloved member of this society brings joy to us every day and cannot possibly be corrupted by the evils brought upon him by certain oval head shaped members of the cute barrage.

No in fact, he will never fall to the corruption, always be the one true hero in the darkness for his is not the hero that the duck deserves but not the one that it needs right now. He will run and we will chase him because we have to. Because he's better than that.

He is…

…The Dark Knight…

…and Christian Bale not only supports this message but also I am the 1337 Master to be your new, amazing, flamboyant (just a little bit), GAME MASTER!

Posted at

And I said IMPERFECT RHYME earlier.
Yes you did. I noticed it as I was reading through the thread again.
I am the 1337 Master to be your new, amazing, flamboyant (just a little bit), GAME MASTER!
Heh hem.

-Points at my game title-

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Vote same or Isis will scream at you.

She does it alot.

ayesinback
ayesinback
Posted at

Nice!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.