Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Mafia XLV: Signups! Join the Dark Lord's Army! Kick some PC Butt!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Okay, Pro-man, I've got you signed up in the 13th spot. I'll go ahead and PQ some people just to see if I can get anybody to sign up.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

This game I am going to over throw the capitalists and start a glorious peoples revolution!
Red flags, spreading the wealth around, public health care and all that other stuff that yanks don't like.

Chairman Hark is taking power!
Big Kitty is watching you!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

signing up~ though i might disappear for this weekend so not running for anything.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

signing up~ though i might disappear for this weekend so not running for anything.

Eh, at the rate we're going I might not start until next week.

Also I got a job that I start tomorrow, so I won't be able to check votes and stuff throughout the day like normal. Sorry that's the way the cookie crumbles. :\

Posted at

We don't want another game without Hark…and the other people that I don't bother to learn names of, who play this game.
That hurt :(

Still waiting for the 12th player to sign up.
This was mainly to get Hark points. But in was all in vain apparently. I should of gone for the Product points.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

*Pops out of a hole in the ground*

My good boy what what day is it?

Why, ma'am, it is Mafa 35 sign ups?

Really I haven't missed it. Amazing.

Yeah…Signing up.

Posted at

Why, ma'am, it is Mafa 35 sign ups?
That was ten games ago!

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Niccea be crazy D:

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

Isn't this the point where we usually catch a couple of first timers?

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Our bait is old and stale apparently.

See this is where refrigeration comes in handy.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

wow…

Okay. I can't really can't really canvas the neighborhood like normal due to somethings, but this game really needs more players, sooooooo, any ideas on how to attract new ones and old ones alike?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

a cake. and…some fireworks….and STRIPPERS.

Posted at

This was mainly to get Hark points.
Trying to get on the good side of the Hark is like trying to befriend a hurricane. Whether he likes you or not, he's going to destroy you.

@Salsa: Iduno, advertise on the general forum?

Posted at

wow…

Okay. I can't really can't really canvas the neighborhood like normal due to somethings, but this game really needs more players, sooooooo, any ideas on how to attract new ones and old ones alike?
Mass pq everyone who has ever played mafia with a link to the sign up threads. It has worked for me in the past.

@Product: I was refering to the hark points of days of old. They are one of the many things in mafia that just fade away.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

Crap I had something intelligent to say, but it sorta, just faded away.

Not sure what to do about getting players, I had a similar problem. Then there were those damn ninja strippers that attacked me..

Shit just went to hell after that.

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

It might be possible that people are outside enjoying summer, instead of browsing the internet 24/7. Blasphemy I know, but possible.

Zeph
Zeph
Posted at

There's… there's an outside beyond these walls? FREEDOM YOU SAY?!~

SO LONG SUCKERS!

-runs off-

-Hits electric fence-

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

Okay, so I see you guys are desperate for newcomers and that gives me a little courage to ask what I've been wanting to ask since I joined this site:

What on Earth is this mafia game?

Posted at

What on Earth is this mafia game?

Good question, Product explained it to me and I still don't really understand.

LET'S BE n00bs TOGETHER ALLY!!

Oh and I'd like to sign up, simply because Product Placement pressured me into it and I've already drawn the characters for another player here, SOOOOOO….

Posted at

It's easiest to learn by playing, but this is a tiny summary if it helps!

You're assigned a secret, randomized role via PQ at the start. The game works in day and night cycles, both of which are 24 hours.

During the first day cycle, everyone elects a mayor and pardoner by voting. In all subsequent day cycles, someone's selected to die via lynch vote. You PQ your votes to the GM (Lord Salsa, this time). Everyone gets to vote, good or bad.

During night cycles there are actions that people with special roles can take, also sent to Salsa via PQ, and this is when most of the killing happens.

At the end of the night, he writes out all the actions and deaths in the form of little stories, and the remaining townies solve clues in the narration to decide who committed the murders and should therefore be lynched. You can also just wait for others to post interpretations and choose one you find likely or convenient.

In the meantime you field accusations, throw out your own accusations, engage in banter, and try to work it so you can off your opponents.

It might look complicated sometimes, but it's easy to play, and we're always really happy to get new players <3

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

A'ight. I'm game. Sign me up. We don't have to do anything awkward, like sign a pact in bodily fluids, do we?

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

spit in your palm, hold it out, and say "I'm In!"

Ally Haert
Ally Haert
Posted at

I knew it. *is disgusted*

"…"

*spits*

"I'M IN!"

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Hey new peoples.

*sees OFaV's playing*

oooooooh boy, this is going to be interesting.

Oh and Ochi's right, First time I played, I managed to get myself lynched for being annoying. Don't think anyone's topped that yet.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.