Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

And now, a brief summing of things answered as quickly as humanly possible:
Election ends tomorrow at 2 am GMT (so fucking vote already you lazy pricks)
Product Placement is to be referred to now as Product
People should remove the gun at Hakoshen's head from the mafia banner
Read Canadian Gamers: a witty tale of action, romance, comedy, and nerdy references
Milk
Eggs
Bread

Posted at

I'd also like for you and everyone else to stop using that mafia banner so long as it features my likeness with a gun to his head. And I have said this before. But you don't seem to care too much about what bothers anyone else, do you?
You didn't word it like that. You specifically said and I quote:
Interesting banner. Can't say I enjoy seeing a gun to my head so frequently though.
Then I replied with:
And to think, I was so close to include this picture instead.
You didn't bring it up again until the Heaven and hell game when you said:
Someone owes me fanart! But it's kind of hard to ask to see more pictures of myself when there's a Goddamn gun to my head on screen every twenty seconds.
Then I replied with:
Bang bang.
To which you said:
Ah, sweet memories. And I suppose you have a point; a gun to one's head is better than buckshot in the back.
So yeah. You did point out that you felt unnerved about seeing Kitty point that gun at you and in a fashion that looked like a witty and silly joke like most mafia players seem to do in general, but never, ever did I see you bring up that you wanted us to take down that ad. You see, unlike some people, I actually remember what people say.

But fine. Use this as an example to make me look like a hypocrite.

Ah fuck you all.

I'm sick of you people today.

Yeah, I'm in a pretty foul mood today and I'm sorry to be taking it out on you folks but I've already ranted about it in the rant thread so you can see what's pissing me off so much over there.

P.S. Also, I always feel like I'm under attack for everything I ever say or do. All I wanted to say was "Please don't call me PP anymore" and here I am three posts later, defending myself.

Were you guys pissed off when Crocty was a mafia/mayor and ended up killing the entire town with a 100% mafia victory (this game)? No. You were all "Oh, good show, Crocty. You certainly fooled us, you did."

Edit: There! The banner is gone from my signature, now that you actually asked for it (might as well get rid of the other banner since it's a dead project anyways). I'm so sorry for wanting to promote the mafia game with a humorous banner ad but I have no reason to apologize for disobeying a request that was never made.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Meh, I know I've talked about it since then, stating something along the lines of "I still don't like that banner, but no one cares," but finding it is more effort than its worth; I'm pretty sure no one responded so there's a pretty good chance no one paid it any attention at all.

No, I did not say "Take it down or I'm gonna cry." I've never even said "please take it down," so keep the apology you don't plan to give because I don't want it and haven't asked. I have however voiced my dislike of the banner, and that is what I meant. I said I didn't like something and you replied with "well it could be worse." But I, instead of looking for a fight, cursing its creator, or making a dramatic post about what I like and don't like and how I should be called Mr. Tibbs, got over it. Maybe the fact that I don't get all dramatically offended is why it wasn't taken seriously.

And I don't know what you're going on about in regards to Crocty's victory and coming under attack for everything you say or do, but it looks like you've got some pent up feelings of unjust persecution. You might want to take that up with your perceived aggressors.

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

Meh, I know I've talked about it since then, stating something along the lines of "I still don't like that banner, but no one cares," but finding it is more effort than its worth; I'm pretty sure no one responded so there's a pretty good chance no one paid it any attention at all.

No, I did not say "Take it down or I'm gonna cry." I've never even said "please take it down," so keep the apology you don't plan to give because I don't want it and haven't asked. I have however voiced my dislike of the banner, and that is what I meant. I said I didn't like something and you replied with "well it could be worse." But I, instead of looking for a fight, cursing its creator, or making a dramatic post about what I like and don't like and how I should be called Mr. Tibbs, got over it. Maybe the fact that I don't get all dramatically offended is why it wasn't taken seriously.

And I don't know what you're going on about in regards to Crocty's victory and coming under attack for everything you say or do, but it looks like you've got some pent up feelings of unjust persecution. You might want to take that up with your perceived aggressors.
alright look. you did say that you didn't like it but you never asked anyone to take it down- you admitted so that much. it seems that if you thought it didn't matter enough to you to say anything and you know thats fine. but product placement did, and he said something and was ignored and had to repeat himself a few times which i know from experience is super annoying. that's one thing. second thing is you can read about what he refering to with 'croctys' game in the last 2 pages of the prevous game where monkey and l33t picked on him a bit and then they made ammends sorta (monkey was annoyed enough to pq and talk it out in which problems can then be addressed and solved) and moved on but its like he can't catch a break. he did a good job planning out a game and was then picked on for doing a good job- some of it in jest but still. but we've moved on a bit.

all he's asking is people to call him product, and you come along with your own baggage that coulda been avoided by simply asking in a pq or thread post 'hey please take down that banner'. its odd that you comment on his pent up feelings when you must have some of your own that hopefully all this nonsense will deal with. he's dealing with his perceived aggressors and you're allowed not to but to then nitpick him for standing up for himself is just stupid.

so yeah, theres some pent up stuff- he's telling you what it is not only in the mafia games but then goes on to write about personal recent issues in the rant forum which he makes mention that he did so here.

hak, i don't understand. if you didn't care enough then to send post or pq why are you doing this thing now?

and product placement, i'm really sorry to hear about your bunny.

Posted at

><

Wanted to go to sleep but couldn't ignore this damn post.

Fine! You want to act like this? Then here's my two cents…

You want to know how my early experience was navigating and interacting through this forum?

Almost every single time someone said something that I felt was upsetting and I addressed it, I got answered with something along the lines of "LOL. I was only joking. You need to learn to take a joke." This happened more then once between me and Oz, for example. This happened plenty of times in mafia as well, so I learned to start trying to not take anything that you guys were saying seriously, unless you were specifically pointing it out.

And thus we get to you original complaint about the mafia banner. Do you know what you could have said, over a year ago?
Interesting banner. Can't say I enjoy seeing a gun to my head so frequently though.
And to think, I was so close to include this picture instead.
Heh… True enough, but I still don't like it. Could you please remove me from that banner?
That didn't sound dramatic at all, now, did it? And guess what? I would have complied because I would have realized that you were being serious (although I probably would have PQ'd you first for a confirmation since I was reluctant to change the .gif file, since I had just gone through the effort of creating it).

But no. Instead you sit on it, until the perfect opportunity arose where you could slam it into my face like that. Here I am with my own issue and now you could come around and blindside me with a "Well now… you ignored me. Why shouldn't I ignore you?". That kinda felt like a dick move and thus I feel you have no business sitting on that high horse that you're currently talking down on me from.

And how dare you throw some psychoanalysis at me? That's a cheap move used to win arguments. That whole "Well now. Clearly you're a disturbed individual who needs help so I say you should go and get one" is a condescending tactic of the worst degree. Everyone has some baggage and you have no right to address me in that manner. Just who do you think you are?

And like Rokulily mentions, the whole "Whiiine… Crocty's game" rant of mine was about how I felt like people were kinda ganging up on me after winning the last game. I had allot of fun playing the official role of the manipulator for the first time (I mean… seriously man… 30+ games and I'd never been the Don before) and thus I resented 1337's hostilities against me, after the game was over. So I lied to him. I lied to all of the townies. It's what mafia does. You think I was happy about when Crocty had me killed on the first night, after he won the mayors seat and I told him that I was the detective? Of course I wasn't but I understood that it was his role to be a betrayer.

Now yet again, 1337 informs me that all of his angry rants were supposed to be a one big giant joke (I mean seriously… How am I supposed to be able to tell when you guys are being serious or not). Now, the reason of why I responded so utterly harshly to his "piss" comment, was because I could not see the pun. I look at the letters "PP" and think "Product Placement". Thus this comment came utterly out of nowhere and I felt doubly insulted. Now that I understand that some of you look at the abbreviation and think "Pee Pee LOL!", I've come to dislike it and thus wish not to see it anymore. And since the only way for you people to understand it is for me to tell you that fact, I felt like I needed to do so.

P.S. Since I did miss that first question before, allow me to address it:
So (serious question because of how you worded your statement) do you consider Product Placement to be a full name?
Not really but it is my whole avatar title. I bet most of you've noticed that I end up shortening up most of your names from time to time, especially if it is a little long or complicated and thus there's no surprise that you do the same to me. But most of my shortening has a good reference to your original title. For example, I could call Harkovast, Hark or Jninjashadow, Jninja. Ochitsukanai's name is something I can only do correctly if she recently posted and I can copy/paste it so at all other times, she's Ochi to me. And I used to abbreviate TheFlyingGreenMonkey's name as TFGM, like most people do but I recently started to prefer calling him Monkey or sometimes Green monkey.

P.P.S. And since when have my posts ever been not dramatic? >: \
I frequently write longwinded dramatic posts. Half my posts are longwinded and dramatic. I write longwinded dramas when I'm in a good mood. Dramatic and longwinded posts is what I do!

Posted at

reasonable shortening
I was once again messing with you.

Can I call you Placement then?

…and in the end I ruin everything again…

1337 swears to not do anything annoying at any point in this game lest the mods unleash their powers of power on him and make him say stupid things like…

…and suchnot.

Posted at

I'd say its good you guys are discussing your problems, but it seems to only be making things worse… I'm not even sure why. Haven't seen this much pent up aggression since my break down. Hohoho, that was a hell of a month. But in all seriousness, you guys really need to take a couple of minuets to calm down and speak rationally.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

You're all right. My timing could have been better. I could have spoken differently however long ago that was. I could have not said anything at all. I could have not said anything at all today/yesterday.

But I did. Yes, I read your post about how sad you are Product, and that is unfortunate. It's also unfortunate the people who don't seem to like you were picking on you for winning a game quickly and easily. It's also unfortunate that someone made a pee joke about your name and it was the last straw that instigated this chain of events.

As for who I think I am giving you a "psychoanalysis", well I'm a social worker. It's what I do. And yes, Roku, I guess I do have some baggage about having my initial remarks ignored. And no, Product, I did not "sit on it" as it may seem, waiting to get back at you. Your issue wasn't an opportunity, it just reminded me. Much the same way you were annoyed and put it behind you until something spurred you, the same with me.

Now, clearly, every post and word I make in reply to this is going to exacerbate the situation and it has very obviously gotten out of control. Believe it or not, I didn't intend to pick a fight. I also never planned on ignoring your request, Product. It really isn't that big of a deal. But when you come back, blowing up at a couple of lines with three or so paragraphs about how everything sucks, including a "fuck you all" I'm not going to ignore that. But this does not need to continue.

Now I'll call you Product Placement, or Product, or whatever. If you or anyone else wants to think I'm a dick then be my guest. I'm saying very clearly now, to make sure there's no doubt, confusion, or misinterpretation, I don't expect to see any more of this anywhere else. We've said what we had to say and that should be that. We've had a nice, long oppositional conversation with only minimal profanity, and talked about our feelings like adults. Unless you have more to say or would like the last word, I say we just be done with it. Edit: As mods, we really should both be ashamed of ourselves.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

I'm just going to take both of your [Hakoshen and P. Placement's] blow up cards.

Also. In my family, we go by our initials a lot. I think I was the one that started the PP cause that is what I'm used to. My grandfather was C. M. [family surname]. Even I when by C. M. for a while while discovering myself in high school. My fiance jokingly calls my C. C. because my new last name will begin with a C. Heck. When my mom is mad at me she calls me TJ which is short for Tommy Jr. (my dad is Tommy).

XP I'm also overly used to The American Psychology Association (APA) Citation Style. No I do not go to this school. This is just the APA cheat sheet that everyone uses.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Alrighty then, I hope everyone got that out of their systems.

As for the Pun/PP thing, I honestly thought he meant sack of urine>bladder>bag of no longer potable water>human.I didn't think about your initials, Pro (as in Professional), until you said something. Using them is a bit of a habit and it might be awhile before I break it, so sorry in advanced. My solution to the banner issue, replace the image of Hak with a gun to his head with me about to get hit by an anvil (seriously two out of 24 games is kinda pathetic as far as survival goes).

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

As Mett watched the long, complicated, and fancy words hit their targets, he asked:

But is it over now? Can we go back to the election and how if you vote for me you are in the title picture?

Posted at

Because.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

But we are friends. Friends just don't always get along.

Posted at

Well said everyone. I'm sure we've all benefited from this exchange of ideas. Now shut yer gobs, Its time to announce the winners of this thing!

AHEM!

Without further adieu or other various forms of delays, distractions, or various forms of time consuming gibberish which would delay the announcement of our winner and to a lesser extent losers, but we can't call them losers do to the hippie love sanctions, so to an even lesser extent the winners whom failed at winning just hard enough… wait… where was I going with this…

OH SHIT! The winner. Ok, stereotypical suspenseful drum roll please:

There we are. In second place is:
[spoiler]The unflappable Salsa with a forth of the votes[/spoiler]

and, the winner, and GMing idea Champion is
[spoiler]Niccea with a whopping 3/4 of the votes![/spoiler]
Thanks for playing, now get off my lawn!

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Thank you, the one person who voted for me. I may have lost, but one day I WILL win one of these things again.

Posted at

If you or anyone else wants to think I'm a dick then be my guest.

I don't think your a dick.

@Product: But PP is such an awesome nickname D: I love using initials. Especially when they are the same. Seriously I think it is the best one, other than TFGM of course. But I will do as you wish and use Product, Placement, or Ductment from now on ;D . My initials are DWDW if anyone cares.

@Everyone: I'm upset that no one really cared I killed everyone my first time being mayor and/or serial killer. Just letting it out there. *Sad face for remembering*

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.