Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Obviously the culprit is dirty, to muck references can't be a coincidence. But… who's filthy? METT IS OLD MAN… oh wait… he's already gone…

so… um… yeah…

maru
maru
Posted at

Hey guys, I think I may have figured out the serial murderer! I think it is Keybounce. First, both his kills involved him calling his victim filthy, which is similar his term for the mob, scum. Further, upon Product's death, he was playing kingdom hearts, a game that uses keys as weapons, key being the first word of his name and Mett being pushed may reference the bounce part.

Mettaur
Mettaur
Posted at

Hey guys, I think I may have figured out the serial murderer! I think it is Keybounce. First, both his kills involved him calling his victim filthy, which is similar his term for the mob, scum. Further, upon Product's death, he was playing kingdom hearts, a game that uses keys as weapons, key being the first word of his name and Mett being pushed may reference the bounce part.
Wow, people never pay notice to me unless I'm peeking on them, stealing from them, or I'm dead.

Is it deadtalking if I say that sounded very smart?

Posted at

I was about to suggest that either Hakoshen or Jninja where Old Man Jenkins since both of their comics involve video games…but Maru's clues sound a lot more convincing.
Plus she's been pretty good with clues in the past.

Posted at

Hmmmm… actual clues brought forward for the lynch? Why, that's just crazy enough to work! To the lynch mobile!

rokulily
rokulily
Posted at

i approve of the general hijinks of backwards phoenix wright, he clearly is on the level

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Lol.

Alright, so what term do you use for the mafia here? Rogues? Villains? Scum? (which I thought was the generic term – apparently, not)

And … associating a computer game with a keyboard? The last person pushed in the mud just had on an expensive costume if I recall correctly. So I don't think that's a good idea. Besides, can't you play Kingdom Hearts on the Wii?

Do you normally get detailed clues like that over here? I'm not used to playing with clues like that.

"Key bounce" refers to the model one's keyboard design – literally, contacts that closed, bounced apart, and opened/closed a bunch of times. It wasn't until the keyboard reading software was modified to filter out those bounces before you could get one press, one character – and the early attempts to filter it out didn't work if you typed fast.

> Meanwhile, the Zombie Leader finally picked up a convert.

So we are notified on successful converts? That I wasn't aware of. I thought that since hadn't seen a failed convert last night, there had been a successful one.

Will post my thoughts on who Jenkins and zombie are tomorrow (3 am … I need to sleep.)

maru
maru
Posted at

i approve of the general hijinks of backwards phoenix wright, he clearly is on the level
Oh yeah, that red face and paper badge are absolutely trust worthy! Also, I'm just letting you all know that I'm going on a trip with my dad soon… won't be back for at least a day so… see you then I guess.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I'm voting for Jninja, because I think Asmun was right. Shouting down and subsequently lynching an outspoken and logical argument with popularity is a sure sign of guilt. Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.

Edit: And is today Salsa's birthday or was that yesterday? Happy 21st either way.

same
same
Posted at

Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.

Asmun was incredibly vocal and he was innocent.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Yes, but wasn't this also his and Keybounce's first game here? I meant people who are typically quiet in mafia games suddenly being very active throughout the whole game.

same
same
Posted at

I suppose that makes sense. Although Maru also has a good point… I think I'll examine a bit more before I decide who to vote for.

Im accusing… myself!

The clues all add up.

DS = Phoenix Wright. Also the fact that I used to draw my comics on my ds.
Mud/dirt/ground etc. = The only page I have in the only comic I have shows the main character coming out of the ground.

Maybe it was I who convinced Jay that Asmun was the Zombie leader?

We'll never know. Until lynch time.

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Im accusing… myself!

The clues all add up.
Hey, since no sane innocent (townie? Goodguy? What do you call the non-mafia over here?) would accuse themselves, this must be a mafia (rogue? Scum? Badguy?) ploy to divert attention.

Well, it's as good as the reasons for going after me, right?

FoI (Finger of innocence): JNinja (I still trust the tattle tale to have checked)
FoS (Finger of suspicion): Maru (she's saying it's me, and finding clues within clues),
Same (I had a good reason day 2 … what was it again?)

Have to remember that Hako the pencil green isn't the same as Harko the furry kat.
I know: Lets get rid of one of them, so there's less confusion :-).

And one more thing I'm not used to. Dead people talking. We actually set up dead threads. The rule is that when you die, you can post a death scene, no clues, no information, no more of your thoughts, and then you join all the dead folk in a special forum section.

And that, plus the rogue's discussion forums, are opened up after the game.

> Put her in a crude dinosaur costume
"Open the door, get on the floor…"
(What's the unicode for a note symbol? Do these forums support unicode?)

4. shirkersama needs a title
6. harkovast the self proclaimed furry pusher.
7. Hakoshen the Spartan
9. jninjashadow the town drunk
10. same needs a title
11. alwinbot needs a title
12. maru the last beserker
13. Keybounce
14. rokulily The Minister of Cuteness

9 people. 2 that can convert, and jenkins. 6-3. If we lynch badly, that will be 5-3, and then between Jenkins and conversion …

Ohh. More examples of this game being different. There are trick or treaters that cannot become converted to the rogue side. So as much as Jenkins wants to off the mafia as much as the town, if the town does off Jenkins at least someone has to survive.

And: Gaack. That extra long "Whaaaaat" from a page or two ago is forcing this "compose new reply" window to be too wide. Can some moderator cut that in half or something?

Hmm… Random chance almost is enough to hit something. Die rolls anyone?

Consider this a partial reply – I'm sure I've had snipage since I've started this.

Posted at

I'm voting for Jninja, because I think Asmun was right. Shouting down and subsequently lynching an outspoken and logical argument with popularity is a sure sign of guilt. Plus, and this is coming from my own habits, people who become much more vocal than they typically are are also probably guilty.
Hey, I used logic to down him, granted my hypothesis proved incorrect, but still, that whole furry thing seemed like a solid clue! Also I couldn't have used popularity… I'm not popular… *sobs*

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Well keybounce since the mafia game here is a realatively small opperation without it's own forum. We don't waste threads here.

And we allow dead talking to a certain degree. Here is what we agreed upon in the Discussion thread.

Deadtalking - intentionally or accidently sharing viable information once dead (through PQ or on the thread) (Not Allowed)

From the Beyond Talking - Posting on the thread after death, but not about viable information. Usually just picking up on whatever conversation is going on in the game or "AVENGE ME." (Allowed)

Tombstone Talking - When you send a dead player a "sorry I killed you" PQ. This is only not allowed if you were the one killed by the unknowing paranoid. (Allowed as long as no information is spread).

This really isn't posted anywhere, so it is just one of those things that if you think might be breaking rules, you can't do it.

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Alright, seriously, 4 votes for me?

People, please, consider: You have people who are barely playing. Any of them can be hiding in plain sight. Getting rid of me might be what it takes to let them walk all over the town.

What would I have to do to convince you to change your vote?

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok. Votes finally updated. (Got distracted by thumbing through the archive of the discussion thread.)

And. I appoligize but I'm backing up the voting by an hour (5 pm CST) It is the anniversary of my teacher's cancer survival and we are having a party before my 7pm class. (It was either closing votes at 9pm or 5pm). If everyone doesn't mind things being 3 hours late, I can still do within the 9pm hour.

Keybounce
Keybounce
Posted at

Maru, Roku, and Shirker all seem to be hiding in plain sight.
Alwin, and Harko (the furry kat) are barely better.

Hmm, myself, Hako (green tagged pencil), Same, and JNinja. We're the actives.

And I can't miss this one:

Anyway, I'm jumping on the lynch Asmun bandwagon. Jninja hasn't lead us astray yet in this game. I will follow him mindlessly like some kind of zombie.
Wait, that was a bad choice of words.

Something about honesty, and hiding in plain sight. We're looking for the zombie.

I'm voting for Shirker.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok. Just to give update in what I'm working on now. I think that Mafia has too many unwritten rules. So I'm writing them along with some clarifying definitions. These will be the rules that every body (even GMs) must follow. Any other issue will be up the individual GM's discretion.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Ok. Just to give update in what I'm working on now. I think that Mafia has too many unwritten rules. So I'm writing them along with some clarifying definitions. These will be the rules that every body (even GMs) must follow. Any other issue will be up the individual GM's discretion.

The task couldn't be in more capable hands

And I'm not really active, today is just an easy day at work and I have lots of free time.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Ok. I posted the unwritten rules on the first post of the discussion thread. It is just the first draft. Anyone else have an ideas for it, please let me know. I will be going through the archives to see if there is anything else.

Salsa
Salsa
Posted at

Edit: And is today Salsa's birthday or was that yesterday? Happy 21st either way.

Two days ago. I was born October 27, 1989 on Minot AFB.

Thanks man.

Posted at

Same thought I was METT?!!!

That's just disgusting!

To Mett: Yes it would be very gross if I were you and it kind of is but isn't dead talking.
I haven't shared my opinions on what's going on and if I did…then it would be.

To Keybounce: How dare you think that?! You can't play Kingdom Hearts on the Wii!!!

Be ashamed.

VERY ashamed. -_-

I've been talking from the beyond and from my tombstone, both non illegally.

To Niccea's writing of the unwrittens: Thank you very much for that. It will be really helpful I think.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Some were also just lost. Posted in the discussion thread and forgotten. (So I dig dig dig…)

And though TFGM Product Placement were given credit for coming up with and implementing the first Monster Mash. Gullas was the first one to suggest Vampire vs. Werewolf vs. Zombie. Though he wanted three different vigilante roles (one that could prey on each monster). It was 6 pages later that TFGM brought up the idea again as his own and worked out how the game would run with Product Placement.

Also 1 hour left for voting. (Unless you really want to wait 5 hours. Either is good with me)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.