Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

Are you from Minnesota or near the Twin Cities and interested in meeting fellow webcomic makers/fans in real life?
I want to start a webcomic meet up group if there is enough people interested(http://www.meetup.com/). If it happens the meetings would be in a neutral public location I'm thinking The Source (http://www.sourcecandg.com/). I go there on Saturdays for card league and RP. I can talk with the owner to start up the meetings.

I'm thinking of calling the group the Minnesota Webcomic Guild. Sounds cool and official.
Who?
Don't have to be from Minnesota ,but close enough to drive to the Source in Falcon Heights, MN.

Why?
Webcomics tend to be a internet and (maybe a few anime conventions)only social life. I don't really know any webcomic creators in real life. I want the webcomic hobby to expand a little more outside the internet.

What would we do?
I'm thinking of going to local cons(Anime Detour, Fall Con, etc..). Printing and selling our own webcomics as a group sharing a table. Tutorial meetings. Critique meetings. Hang out meetings. That's kinda what I got so far.

I have experience with club organizations. I started and still am an officer of the Anime Fan Club at Mankato State University since fall 2003.

Please reply or pm me if you are interested. This is just a rough idea of everything! It's going to be changed as everything is planned out.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

Aww thats such a cool idea.
I'm sorry i don't live anywhere near there, JIllyFoo!
(*tear* I think Drunk duckers should have a con or somethin.)
unfortunately, I live on the east coast.

(btw: any1 else live in pennsylvania? PQ meh if ya do)

Rich
Rich
Posted at

I live in Greensburg PA! So no Minnesota DD convention for me. :(

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

Ahh Rich! we gotta meet up one day.omg.
think of all the trouble we could cause.
*evil laugh*

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

The only thing Im close to (being in Ft Lauderdale) is more Florida >.<

Rich
Rich
Posted at

Maybe we should set up a PA webcomic meet up club?

Posted at

I live in Lancaster, Pa, but I love the idea man. I wish I could join.

Crazy! One of my friends moved from Lancaster. I'm only a couple of hours from there.

Posted at

I live in MA, so if there were a PA one I might be able to drive my self there, but we'd need more than five people….

Posted at

I'm in Texas. XD

:/

:(

:((

TToTT

Oh the torture!

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

bumMER! All the cool people are so far away! It was a sweet idea though. I'm going to have to spam the internet more when I get time.

Rich
Rich
Posted at

LOL! Pennsylvanians are everywhere! I never knew there we so many of us here on DD!

stardusty
stardusty
Posted at

I'd love to do something like this, but I don't live anywhere near there. :(

kaminari
kaminari
Posted at

There's a few in Florida too !!

I could probably throw a rock and hit Kxela!!

ejb (if you know him) is from Miami

hat
hat
Posted at

I don't live in Mini Soda, PA or Florida. This blows.

Posted at

I don't live in PA, Mini soda, florida or in the USA or in America period. How come most of the people on DD have to live in America.

p.s. I'm british

Posted at

I'm from Wisconsin. (Holy awesome for another Midwesterner!) It's close enough to Minnesota there, eh?

I'm in Wisconsin too! Milwaukee area. Minnesota is how long away? (1 hour, 2 hours, ect)

Mimarin
Mimarin
Posted at

Why are all the things in america? remind me to emegrate to the US when I have the money years from now. There are no good conventions in England.

Posted at

Aww… sorries. Maybe there's some British people out there that would be willing to meet you?

((In other words, you Britains get your butt out here lol))

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.