Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Posted at

"GRAPHITE WARRIOR"
Awesome.

I don't like getting compliments but I love giving them. I home in on people when they are drawing. I love discussioning others peoples' work. It goes something like, how they did this or did they find that easier than this way of doing it.

@Same: PP was refering to something that was on this site long ago in a far off place. Your ignorance will incite him to rant about the good ol'days XD

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

@Same: PP was refering to something that was on this site long ago in a far off place. Your ignorance will incite him to rant about the good ol'days XD

He hasn't stopped ranting about them yet!

Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

Aaaaaaaah. Like how long ago?

Over 18 months ago I think. It was some kind of dodgy sub forum and eventually it had to be put out of it's misery because it was dragging the site down with it.

same
same
Posted at

Aaaaaaaah. Like how long ago?

Over 18 months ago I think. It was some kind of dodgy sub forum and eventually it had to be put out of it's misery because it was dragging the site down with it.

I think i breifly remember. But anyway. Back on topic. Yeah. Alot of people here say drawer but theyre usually either kids or dunces.

Posted at

It's kinda funny… I'm better than 99.999% of humanity when it comes to my drawing skills. But at the same time I'm worse than majority of the remaining 0.001%, so while I'm better, I'm still nowhere near good, haha.

I generally don't get comments on my art except for online. I'm not the type to draw in public (I used to doodle on margins of notebooks in school, that's as far as me working in public goes) so I get no comments that way. And online? It's either an equivalent of "I like your stuff" which generally gets a "thanks" in return OR a wall of silence (I know people are looking by the number of views growing on the thread but no one's saying anything, heh). Occasionally there's some constructive criticism, which sometimes states the obvious, and sometimes is actually pointing out something I haven't noticed yet.

I seem to be getting a lot more commentary on my stuff over the last year though (which kinda corresponds with the biggest growth period my art went through and at least paritally confirms my theory that people generally don't comment if they find the art weak but don't want to hurt the artist's feelings or accidentally start a flamewar or something).

It's interesting to see how the same things get received differently by various people. I showed a page that was both simply b&w inks and then in a fully colored version…. one guy said that the color version is much better cause the oclor makes everything pop. The other one said that the color doesn't do anything for the art but it doesn't ruin it so it's fine. And the third one hated the color and wanted it b&w only.

Wait, what was the topic again?

(end of random rant)

Posted at

My banner does all the ranting for me nowadays. Much easier that way.

Daxy
Daxy
Posted at

I don't know if this would really be a modesty thing, but I really can't stand it when someone is looking at what I'm doing while I'm creating it. I don't like it when people see my unfinished work. However, in response to the topic at hand, I am actually pretty modest about how people complement my stuff. Personally, it's just nice to hear someone like what I do and I'll take the complement.

I also can't stand people looking at what I'm creating or watching me do it. The compliments are nice, I usually blush and look away while muttering "thanks, it's alright"
With people I know a little more personally sometimes after a compliment I'll smile and say "I know" or "yeah, it turned out pretty awesome."

Posted at

My banner does all the ranting for me nowadays. Much easier that way.
So you havn't stopped XD

Posted at

So you havn't stopped XD
I have in the sense that I'm letting an object do it for me.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.