Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
lothar
lothar
Posted at

i think it would be exactly like this

Posted at

I'd spend the first few centuries looking after and hiding out with my family. Once they had all died I'd get compelled to do something for the good of humanity and let people slowly figure out that I'm immortal.

I'd start wondering why I was picked for this purpose and if I was the only one with this gift, so I'd begin searching for others like me. After finding no one else like me and seeing all my efforts to better humanity amount to nothing over the centuries I’d start getting angry and then insane.

I'd reason that if they wouldn't listen to me then I'd MAKE them listen. So I'd build a huge cult and create an underground bunker of some kind to hide out in. Then I'd wage war against the ENTIRE WORLD! After a few decades I'd probably lose. The governments of the world would melt several meters of metal around me and send me hurtling through space.

Then everything would be fine… until twenty thousand millennia later when I crash land on a distant civilised planet.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Yeah, but eventually his orbit would decay and he would finally crater somewhere on the earth or ocean, years in the future. I believe launching yourself into space would be best saved for the distant future, when you have finally run out of things to do.

yeah, but if i was immortal at least i could WAIT that long….

Posted at

One really awesome thing to do? Developing psychic powers.

good plan! then you really could become a superhero!

…Or a supervillan, if you aren't into all that hippe-truth-justice-and-the-blah-way kind of thing.

Posted at

hokay, assuming I was immortal,I would start out by working furiously on making a potion that makes people forget. I Imagine all the previous memorys would eventully drive you mad if your mind didn't decay.

if your mind was as immortal as your body (never forgetting ANYTHING),
you would REALLY have a problem. short of ramming an iron bar into your head, i don't think it would be easy to let go of your memories.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

How much of your childhood do you remember? Your fifth birthday? What you ate for dinner exactly one week ago?

Memory buildup will not be a problem.
seriously

Posted at

… i admit you have a point kingridley.
The round is yours, but i'll be back.

Posted at

probably shoot my ass into space for a little while. no space suit or anything like that. then drink a lot….

Damn, that was my answer.

I'd see what's on the other side of a black hole.

KingRidley
KingRidley
Posted at

Enjoy spending time as a singularity.

Jellomix
Jellomix
Posted at

You mean I have to watch all my friends and family die? O_o
Yipee. <- *sarcastic*

That'd be my first response. Then I'd ask the angel to give me a better life instead of a longer life. Now that I've seen angels, I'm probably convinced God exists and I'll be wanting to die and go to heaven.

I'm not very good at answering these questions, am I? I always avoid the main idea.

Oh I know! I'll spend the rest of my immortal life making a giant eraser out of old eraser shavings! Or I'll stalk my great grandchildren, and their great grandchildren, and their great grandchildren, and so on. Then a billion years later, when they're all mutated, I'll tell them, "When I was your age… we had 10 fingers." Then after the sun explodes, taking Earth down with it, I'll just float in space until an alien hitch-hiker picks me up and that's when I'll realize I forgot to update my comic.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Enjoy spending time as a singularity.

i will.

Zephyrion
Zephyrion
Posted at

Terraform Mars using only gardening supplies, when finished wait for colonists to show up and ask for transit to a new planetoid in exchange for telling them where the best farmland is, rinse and repeat.

But before I left Mars I would climb Mount Olympus Mons and then use a hang-glider to get back down.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Yay!
Outliving everybody would suck, but probably not near as much as everyone makes it out as. To be able to see the history of eons, explore the mysteries of this world and the vastness of space, to finally escape the clutches of death, this is what humanity should be for!
I already seek immortality in this life, it'd be nice to obtain such a wondrous goal.
Ah, to dream…for now.

Posted at

I'd simply wait until my atoms decayed and I was a block of lead to fix the whole not dying problem.

Because I'm pretty sure I'd be dead then.
If it's the kind of immortality that means a nuclear blast won't kill you, that means mere atomic decay isn't going to touch you either I'm afraid.
I'm out of ideas then.

I figure I'd attempt to close the ozone hole over Antarctica by some means, plant trees everywhere, introduce some animals then live there for eternity. Then, build a robot army of billions to kill anyone who tries to invade. If they nuke me I'll just scoff at them as they attempt to wipe me off the earth with their bombs, bullets and rockets. I would promptly nuke them back, Take over the world and, since I have eternity to myself, rebuild life on earth and stablize the atmosphere.

All this after everyone I love dies.

Willicus
Willicus
Posted at

Why would I want to live forever?
I can hardly decide what to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
lol

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.