Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
lefarce
lefarce
Posted at

I remember hearing stories about some teachers trying to correct which hand children held their pencils in, opting for the right over the left. The interesting thing was that it apparently causes a lot of confusion, and can make it to where both hands work about as retarded as the other.

I'm not sure if there is some scientific backing, but from seeing my friend's writing (he was a lefty until trained at a young age to use his right hand) I cannot read a single fucking thing he puts on paper.

It's like someone shoved a pen up and ape's butt and threw pads of paper at it.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I remember hearing stories about some teachers trying to correct which hand children held their pencils in, opting for the right over the left. The interesting thing was that it apparently causes a lot of confusion, and can make it to where both hands work about as retarded as the other.

I'm not sure if there is some scientific backing, but from seeing my friend's writing (he was a lefty until trained at a young age to use his right hand) I cannot read a single fucking thing he puts on paper.

It's like someone shoved a pen up and ape's butt and threw pads of paper at it.

My mother grew up in a Catholic school, and used to write with her left hand. She had to learn to write with her right hand though, as the nuns slapped the back of her hand when she wrote with her left hand.

Penguins, man.

seventy2
seventy2
Posted at

i write, with my arm parallel to my body, and then write on the paper, away from me. top of the paper to my left, bottom to my right.

i don't ever remember getting introuble for it…but i know it has to do with me laying on the desk in school, and just working on the papers from there…

Posted at

I write from bottom to top as well. It's not that unusual.

I write from the bottom, too. I never knew I was doing it "wrong" until last year actually. I think I always did it for convenience. My name is Susan, so I would pick my pencil up slightly to drop into writing the "u". Habit, I guess.

Ateljux
Ateljux
Posted at

when writing or drawing i draw from left to right,with my arm to the paper.
Unfortunettly this led to some rather annoying situations when you find your hand has smudged all your work and your arm is covered in ink… ;_;

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.