Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Psycho Ashtrays and Moving Vans

Posted at

I don't know 'bout ya'll, but, Ethan and I have some random junk that has somehow survived all the treks that he and I have made throughout our marriage.

Since we said our I'Do's we have relocated from:

College Apartment to Rent House "A"

Rent House "A" to Temporary Housing One

Then quickly back to Temporary Housing One

Finally, Rent House "B"

Feeling the pressure to "have kids" (which we still don't, thank you very much) and become "real adults" we foolishly bought, what I will refer to as Money Pit: The Sequel.

Then we tried to move to Los Angeles. (As I really want to be an actress and Ethan loves a'tha film, and we adore Venice Beach (Sellin' art on the walk appeals to us.) Were we lived in:

Ghetto Hotel (Like Motel Hell, with less jerky; but, with the added benefit of crackwhores!)

Running from the projects, post haste…we lived in:

Cute Little "Homey" Motel Room

After that, unfortunately, back to Texas and into, Temporary Housing One (Thank you Temporary Housing One, you're always a real pal in a twist!)

From there we hung our hats at "THE APARTMENT PROJECT" which I am happy to say we just decided to extend another year. YAY! A place to live!

Anyone that has ever moved can attest–that along the way–things just get lost. "Treasured Items" that you swore you would keep forever–just vanish, like the green you shelled out for it in the first place.

Speakin' of those little chotchkes that somehow survive—Ethan and I were loungin' on the sofa, on his rare day off, watchin' some television and catchin' up, which brings me to my point. Somehow, the ashtray you see below has survived all the moving vans and cardboard boxes and is actually one of the only ashtrays that we own. (At one point, I even collected antique ashtrays, lost 'em all! Have no idea where. But, they're gone!) Husband and I got this little plastic treasure on our Honeymoon at Universal Studios, in Florida. (Yeah, we did the whole, Disney/Epcot/Run over for Universal, 'cause it's cool too—thing; we had a BLAST!) I of course had to get the Bates Motel ashtray. What 'kinda self-respectin' horror genre lovin' Fangirl wouldn't?

(For those that don't know: The Bates Motel is the setting for the 1960 classic Hitchcock masterpiece, Psycho. Starring Anthony Perkins as mother-lovin' Norman Bates (My favorite performance from Perkins is in: On The Beach—Man, I loved that book!) and Janet Leigh with her legendary "shower scene" Eeeek! Eeeek! Eeeek! Great score by: Bernard Herrmann. This is also not my favorite Hitchcock movie; but, it is one of the best. I recommend it with a five out of five lollypops. There was a crappy remake (If you are doin' a remake a shot-'fer-shot of somethin' that can't be improved, ain't the best i-deer', and some crappy sequels. But, nothin' compares to the original and you should be shamed at your lack of cultural awareness with regard to classic movie genres.)

So, I'm wonderin', you out there—what random knickknack, that although trite, has a place on your shelf. Share if you want—Pictures are always fun!

Posted at

i have a replica samurai sword.

one day i wish to own a real one or an antique.

Posted at

Swords are fun, we have a couple rapiers (Ethan used to joust professionally.) Take a pic with your sword, I wanna' see it. (I am dyin' for a replica of the Kill Bliss sword–see, total fangirl)

LakAttack
LakAttack
Posted at

Thats a good story!

I'd feel mroe incluned to share, but I've only moved a few times….in the past year:

1. House in NY (House I grew up in)
2. Apartment in Florida (Apt. 1)
3. second apartment in florida not three months later as a temp.(Apt. 2)
4. due to bad living conditions, moved to apartment 3.(Apt. 3)

Now, I am engaged happily. I live in this apartment with my classmate and fiancee, as well as two potheads. So within a month and a half, I'll be relocating yet again to a new place yet undetermined!

We'll just have to see what survives the move, I suppose! :O

Posted at

hmmmmm
two years ago i moved from a town with the population of 1,500 to a city with three highschools that have 3,000+ student in each
BIIIIIG change and to tell you the truth i don't miss the small town.
and the we lived in a two bedroom apartment (4 of us) the a big blue rent house with bats in the attic (spookie! my bedroom was up there) to a bought house that hasn't had a bathroom in a year (mold problem we demolished it and havn't had the money to rebuild it untill recently)
THANK GOD FOR BASEMENT SHOWERS!!!!

Alexis
Alexis
Posted at

Every time I move a stomp around about "why do I own all of this useless stuff!!" One of the things that always makes it, though, is the pirate shrine. My living room right now is so small that it is pretty much dominating the room. There is a painting of a pirate shot, two crossed swords, two ships in bottles, a tin sign, and varous figures of sea captains. A little over the top? Unquestionably.

marine
marine
Posted at

I got all kinds of funny shit. I think the funniest is the Pee Wee Hermen doll. He's sitting beside a ninja turtle and spider-man plush doll, and has his hands down his pants.

Makes me lol.

I got a couple swords hanging up. My favorites probably the Conan the barbarian sword. Its such a huge heavy sword. Makes me feel cool owning it, and an asshole who buys off the TV at the same time.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Swords! I have a bastard sword…for killing bastards :P
And an epee.

Actually the bastard is prolly more of a longsword… The epee was found all rusty and mangled up under a demolished house. I fixed it up good and proper ^_^

As for crazy knick knacks… there are too many to name

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.