Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

I was looking at one comic, and the guy hadn't updated in a while. So in the comments there were people (nicely) asking him when he was going to put another comic up. The creator just blew up at them, said some emo crap about not understanding his life and that they should stop pressuring him. I thought he was an ass and I never went back. I think you should be nice to get people to read your comics, you fantastically sexy people you.

mishi_hime
mishi_hime
Posted at

the majority of truly creative types throughout history have been total jerks

There's probably the same amount of evidence to support this and fight against it. I'm gonna say it's 50/50. I know some really wonderful artists that aren't jerks so…

Skullbie
Skullbie
Posted at

I was looking at one comic, and the guy hadn't updated in a while. So in the comments there were people (nicely) asking him when he was going to put another comic up. The creator just blew up at them, said some emo crap about not understanding his life and that they should stop pressuring him. I thought he was an ass and I never went back. I think you should be nice to get people to read your comics, you fantastically sexy people you.
Oh wow, link?

…CRAP. ITS WORKING

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

Oh wow, link?

…CRAP. ITS WORKING

Im sure that all of you, attractive, intelligent people, don't have time to read my little ol' comic.
http://www.drunkduck.com/God_Damn_It/
You are probably doing more important stuff, like curing cancer, or feeding orphans. Oh, I wish I was just one tenth of the person you are.
sigh

Jabali
Jabali
Posted at

Mmmmm… beef jerky.

3D Glasses
3D Glasses
Posted at

Most of all, I'd like to hear any suggestions you may have on how to be a jerk without ruffling too many feathers. Is that possible, or is creating offence the very essence of jerkdom?

Well you're not really being a jerk if people still like you now, are you? Generally, I like to kick people in the teeth then refer them to my webcomic. It's a very sound technique, and certainly grabs attention much better than any banner.

Posted at

Nah. The key part of being successful in a creative world is to be, y'know, creative. And talented.

A jerkass character can become extremely popular (for whatever bizarre reason) but jerks in real life tend not to be very well liked. Seriously; I've known plenty of people who were complete assholes and had no friends as a result.

If you wanna be a jerk, the easiest way is to have a ridiculously high opinion of yourself, believe that rules don't apply to you (because you're a fucking GOD among men) and that everyone else is a talentless, jealous hack and has no right to even THINK about critiquing your oh-so-flawless work. Hey, if it doesn't sell, it's not your fault; your work is PERFECT and it's not your fault that the public is made up of drooling imbeciles who can't tell good art/comics from a soggy dog shit on the ground.

Posted at

I have only one thing to say on this topic: punch babies.
It is seriously the most awesomly evil thing to do, plus no matter waht other good things you do you will still be a jerk. And as you know being a jerk is the real key to sucess. Plus its just plain fun :)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.