Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Comic Talk and General Discussion *
Duck
Duck
Posted at

right. like how all good children are. Just playin.

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

i dunno where to put myself, define lefty and righty. :-D

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

politics or hands? where is the ambidexterous option?

Hero
Hero
Posted at

My right hand is the one which I use for writing and drawing. But, I have trained in writing with my left hand to make it legible if I need to use it and a little with my feet.

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

Righty by an overwhelming majority. My right hand does mostly everything. When I throw a ball with my left hand, it goes about 15 feet. When I try to write with my left hand, it looks like it was written by a preschooler having a seizure.

Zwuh
Zwuh
Posted at

Lefty. We are statistically more creative, smarter, and more likely to die young.

Bugger, eh?

suzi
suzi
Posted at

note: I'm pulling the following post out of my memory, I could be wrong, and am simplifying a lot.

I read a book all about left-handedness last year. There are several different "kinds". Truly left-handed people, those that actually have the hemispheres of the brain switched, are extremely rare, and technically more just mirrored right-handers. Most left-handers just have some "controls" switched.
Some compelling studies show links between left-handedness and the age of the mother at the time of birth - the older the mother, the more likely the child will be left-handed. An extrapolating study then linked left-handedness and mild birth complications (which ties in directly with older mothers!), theorizing that when certain areas of the brain are cut off from oxygen, there will be a change in the flow of impulses between the two hemispheres of the brain and the body, and often the right/left sidedness gets switched. Things like homosexuality and creativity have also been linked in similar ways, as well as earlier deaths.

BLAYM UR MOM.

On a slightly different note, does anyone know their other sided-ness? I'm right-handed, but left-eared, left-eyed, and left-footed.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

extreme nudist druid party.

Damn, they're on to us. :?

My right hand is so much cooler, and it's all boney which is a win.

.: Myxomatosis :.

Titch
Titch
Posted at

Ambidexterous.

Although DDR reveals I'm extreamly right footed.

Posted at

I'm a southpaw.

Posted at

I'm left for the win.

ever notice how more children are right-handed because parents always made them draw and write with thier right?

I wonder what is so big deal about right hands…

Dan
Dan
Posted at

Righty because I'm always right.

Ian Jay
Ian Jay
Posted at

I'm left-handed. Or, to be more precise, my left hand is the more precise one that I use for writing, drawing, and doing things that require a lot of dexterity (ironically). My right hand is the one I use for strength tasks, like vacuuming, mowing the lawn, and using a screwdriver (though, strangely enough, I can only use a toothbrush with my right hand, for some unknown reason). Also, the left hand moves almost twice as fast as the right, and the two rarely want to cooperate, which is why I can't play the guitar very well and I can't play the piano worth crap.

On the whole, though, if I were to lose a hand, I'd want it to be the right one. If I lost my left hand, then I wouldn't be able to make comics, and where would I be then?

~IJ

suzi
suzi
Posted at

I can roll a dollar bill into a tight, 1/8 inch diameter tube using only the fingers of my left hand. No hard surfaces.

(I'm a compulsive paper roller–I don't know why, nothing to do with drugs–and I did that on a dare once. I got to keep the dollar.)

I kind of want to film myself doing it, apparently it's somewhat impressive.

Radec
Radec
Posted at

Right handed.
But while my manual dexterity and general use of my left hand is extremely pathetic, I have good hand-eye coordination, and my hands work very well together.
Aside from that, my left hand is basically useless.

hat
hat
Posted at

Right handed. Though my hand writing sucks, so people who read my writing think I wrote with my left hand, so I guess it doesn't matter which hand I write with… but yes - right handed fo' me.

Posted at

…An extrapolating study then linked left-handedness and mild birth complications (which ties in directly with older mothers!), theorizing that when certain areas of the brain are cut off from oxygen, there will be a change in the flow of impulses between the two hemispheres of the brain and the body

lack of oxygen = mild brain damage

right-o!

Posted at

I'm a southpaw.

…..eww

Adariel
Adariel
Posted at

I'm left-handed. Or, to be more precise, my left hand is the more precise one that I use for writing, drawing, and doing things that require a lot of dexterity (ironically). My right hand is the one I use for strength tasks, like vacuuming, mowing the lawn, and using a screwdriver (though, strangely enough, I can only use a toothbrush with my right hand, for some unknown reason). Also, the left hand moves almost twice as fast as the right, and the two rarely want to cooperate, which is why I can't play the guitar very well and I can't play the piano worth crap.

On the whole, though, if I were to lose a hand, I'd want it to be the right one. If I lost my left hand, then I wouldn't be able to make comics, and where would I be then?

~IJ

take all that and replace right with left and left with right, thats me.

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

I hate politics. I couldn't care less if you were for the extreme nudist druid party.

That sounds like the awesomest party ever… We HAVE to make it…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.