Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

since we now have corporate sponsership

marine
marine
Posted at

Do you pay attention to your ads? I made a joke today while having lunch at pizza hut that "Oh yeah, my website is sponsered by pizza hut." Thats sort of interesting isn't it? I like the ads for actual DD stuff too. It seems like the sort of inter-community stuff that DD needs more of. The ones specifically would be the games page and the civil war comic page ads. Another interesting ad I've noticed is for some kind of golden age comic website that sells off old comics. Personally, I think everyone needs a silver age, more specifically, a MARVEL age, but thats another thread topic entirely.

What do you guys think of our corporate sponsers? Is it interesting that drunk duck is now paid for by pepsi? Pizza Hut is owned by Yum Brands. Yum Brands is owned by pepsico. Pepsi is one of the corporate psuedo-lords of the earth. I'm sure its owned by someone, probably Rupert Murdoch, but who cares about him anyway.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

…lolwut?

The damn banner is trying to get me to play those terrible games again!

D0m
D0m
Posted at

I like it. I think Drunk Duck and everyone who makes it possible should be getting any money in anyway possible.

And, who knows… maybe some of the corporations will show favor to top comics and look for more adspace? :-)

SpANG
SpANG
Posted at

Better'n pop-unders, I'll tell you whut…

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Better'n pop-unders, I'll tell you whut…
Boy Howdy! lol!

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

One thing is for certain, there is no stopping them;

And I, for one, welcome our new corporate sponser overlords. I'd like to remind them that as a trusted mod, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground sugar caves.

Posted at

Ooohhh Yum cooperation. I've worked for almost every fast food chain under YUM. I've done Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, and KFC. But then I've worked at nearly every fast food joint over the course of my career.

whoa wait that's not at all on subject is it?

Oh damn well…uh…I agree

heccubus
heccubus
Posted at

You leave the Simpsons jokes to me, Termy.
Or better yet, leave them to the Simpsons. :p

Posted at

I think it means people are taking notice, and while to some it might seem a bit to conforming, I think overall most will benefit.

Posted at

I get quite excited when I see ads for big companies on DD. ^_^ I feel rather affectionate towards DD/Platinum as a whole, and I want to see them do well, as I love this site to bits, and seeing it go from strength to strength is nice. <3

[/mushy]

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

I hate them.

They slow my AOL dial-up down more then the already piece of s**t it is. However besides the fact that an annoying pop up just wont go away with pop-up blocker on, It does give us stuff to talk about.

Posted at

They do not bother me at all. Since I work in an ad driven business (journalism) I try to at least look at who is sponsoring the site, even if I don't take the links. As a Diet Pepsi addict, it is good to know my 20 cans a week or so is in some ways paying for the place I post my comic.

Bekefel
Bekefel
Posted at

Ah diet pepsi, might as well drink some bleach.

Glarg
Glarg
Posted at

Ah diet pepsi, might as well drink some bleach.
Your tastebuds can't deflect flavorblasts of that magnitude.

Posted at

I hate them.

They slow my AOL dial-up down more then the already piece of s**t it is. However besides the fact that an annoying pop up just wont go away with pop-up blocker on, It does give us stuff to talk about.

lol @ AOL

joeychips
joeychips
Posted at

In and of itself, there is nothing wrong with corporate sponsorship. It can be a great thing, bringing more resources and attention to the table. In the wrong leadership, a not so great thing it could be. But I don't see that happening on DD.

Posted at

Hey, I don't have a problem with them. I'm glad to see DD doing well enough that large companies want to advertise on it. =P As long as they don't start talking to me, crawling across my screen (GOD I hate those) or popping up over the top of comics, I'm good with them, lol.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.