Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
iagojester
iagojester
Posted at

I am bored at work, so I will play this game because I just read everyone else's and I was amused. You guys are all just messed up. >_< Plus it's a good time to inform you all that I am, in fact, female. People seem to miss that somehow.

My screen name is a meld of IRL and IC. Genius, I know.
Iago happens to be my favorite Shakespearean Villain (not the parrot, DAMN YOU ALL!)
I used the name to play a seemingly 14 year old immortal in a Highlander RPG when I was 12. *hides in shame*

Jester was a nickname given to me by this guy in high school who considered himself the King of our school, so since I amused him I was therefore his jester. …the logic still confounds me. I took it on as a radio tag at Boy Scout Camp (yes, I'm still a girl. Girls can be Boy Scout Camp Leaders, yo!) I think I even wore jester hats in high school. Wow…. the dumb things we do when we're young and stupid…

Now I am all-purpose-cool "Iago Jester" for all hobby-intensive-purposes. My professional ID is usually "alsn," which is just the shortening of my name. *shifty eyes* So clever!

Well, that efficiently sucked up 10 minutes of my life. Sweet!

Jimeth
Jimeth
Posted at

Haha, Jimeth just sounds like my real name, James. My actual internet alias is Moosetroop11, and I have NO idea where that came from. XD

celrena
celrena
Posted at

Mines really dorky lol. I used to be a major DBZ fan back in the day (That Anime got me really into watching Japanese Anime)and since most Saiyan's Japanese names were translated as vegetables I came up with Celrena because it looks close to Celery … Hmm that was about 7 years ago… Just kind of stuck since then haha

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

…although many people remember me as Lacoma, so I now wonder what Lacoma is…

Locoma kinda sounds like glaucoma… hehe… which according to dictionary.com is "abnormally high fluid pressure in the eye, most commonly caused either by blockage of the channel through which aqueous humor drains "…

hahaha thanks for clearing things up
and now it's time for an image search of glaucoma disease!!
you know you can't help it
oh can you?
can you also avoid pressing THIS button?

Posted at

…although many people remember me as Lacoma, so I now wonder what Lacoma is…

Locoma kinda sounds like glaucoma… hehe… which according to dictionary.com is "abnormally high fluid pressure in the eye, most commonly caused either by blockage of the channel through which aqueous humor drains "…

hahaha thanks for clearing things up
and now it's time for an image search of glaucoma disease!!
you know you can't help it
oh can you?
can you also avoid pressing THIS button?
that cat terrifies me.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Mine is depressing.

My friend was talking about A.D.D. and she said i had the worst case of it she had ever seen.

i don't have A.D.D.

Posted at

Actually Zac's the reason for my user name.
In eighth grade I made my character Keish(I missed spelling Quiche correctly by a mile X3) and Zac told me I couldn't name her that cause Quiche was a food that you had to take seriously…or something along those lines. And overtime I started spelling it right and it just sort of stuck.

YAY ZAC

Posted at

Mine is depressing.

My friend was talking about A.D.D. and she said i had the worst case of it she had ever seen.

i don't have A.D.D.
No you don't. I lived with you 24 hrs a day for almost 15 years. You do not, my dear sister, have A.D.D.

Bocaj
Bocaj
Posted at

I have dyslexia (a learning disorder commonly associated with reading backwards), and my real name I'll let you guess. My dad wouldn't let me use my real name, so I used this, and I've always liked it because it says nothing about me that can't change.

I have had a lot of nick names given to me from my faimly (my least favorite were Princess Belly Flop(I'm a guy) and Fat Cal.)and my friends (most recently Kitty). My faimly called me Bocaj a little, but ever scince I used it online my friends jumped the band wagon.

lafhaha
lafhaha
Posted at

Mine is kind of bland…I got the internet for Christmas in 95 and found a chat site called WBS. I was trying to figure out a login name for that and everything i could think of was taken, including okidata, my printer. XD so I tried lafhaha originally as a joke on my hometown, Lafayette…because it was really boring. and it worked! I didn't realize the whole laugh haha thing until later when i was actually thinking about it more. XD I've used the name where ever I go ever since. :)

Insizwa
Insizwa
Posted at

I got mine froim a school project. We had to research a ship that had sunk or whatever and I got the Waratah which was a passenger liner that went missing without a trace. One of the ships that wasd sent to find it was called the SS Insizwa, I thought it was a neat name and kind of wierd so I picked it.

KLSanchez
KLSanchez
Posted at

This username's my pen name. Nothing special about that, really…

I do go by another screenname sometimes, though: Zephir, and all variations thereof. Really, I've been about all of them… Zeph… Zephie… PrincessZeph… long story on that one…

I took it from a character from a fanfic I was working on years ago. Said character had gotten it on a variation of Zephyr, as in Zephyr Cape in FF6(j)… this was before me or my brother found out what it meant, or that it was an RHCP song.

My friend calls me by Zeph, never by my real name. =P

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

When I first played Star Wars: KotOR, I needed a name for my character. After searching through the preselected names, I decided to make one myself. 'Karrak Hijuda' kind of sounded Star Warsy, so I picked it. I've used Hijuda ever since.

Posted at

It was about a year ago, I was 12, and I found out that the word "gopher" sounded kinda cool. I was obsessed over fire since I was, what, 8? So I adopted the nickname Scorch( Unfortunately nobody calls me that D: ). So, I found sprite comics. Megaman: The lost chronicle, than BnG, than I saw an ad for the Ultimate Sprite Comic( Now dead ). I read that, than I drew an odd creature that looked like this: at 11:30 PM and called it "The Scorch Gofer" and accidentally misspelled gopher. I joined the USC forums and Scorchgofer was the first name to come to mind, so it carried over here when I came.

Ersatz
Ersatz
Posted at

I began writing a story about 2 years ago, but I've not added to it for about a year. I'm sure that I'll finish it one day, but it needs a lot of work… an ending, for example. It's basically about a lad who enters a fantasy world, and that's also where it needs work - in that it's been done many, many, oh so many times before. But you never know, it might just end up in a 1.99 bargain dumpbin someday, that would be a dream come true.

Anyway, when choosing the title of the story, I wanted to name it after the world to which the main character travels. I loved the word 'ersatz' (meaning 'fake' or 'substitute' ), so that became the perfect name for the city. But I decided that just calling the story 'Ersatz' wouldn't do, so I made it a unitary authority. Hull, where I live in England, is one of these. It pretty much means that we're run by a single authority as opposed to a local one and a regional one. Very boringly tedious and tediously boring stuff, but a great addition to the title, I thought - not to mention very fitting, as this fantasy world isn't influenced by anything outside of its boundaries.

Thus, The Unitary Authority of Ersatz was born, and, when the prose was put on hold, the comic strip version took its place.

Perhaps one day the two will complement each other; literature and artwork amalgamated as one; joined hand-in-hand in rapturous splendour. And on that day, that most auspicious of days, that day when joyous tears shall be shed unsparingly, then and only then, it will be shouted from the rooftops and mountain peaks in a voice loud and true, that the writer of this work has found elation and inner peace, and that the world's 1.99 bargain dumpbins are a whole lot more magnificent for it.

Posted at

hahaha i call my self kid yellow cause im lighter than your average african american. and even though i am 21 i look like im 17!!!!!!!

zirnitra
zirnitra
Posted at

I signed up for a forum (where I met my husband) when I was 16 under a totally different name.

Wow, you met your husband on a forum? That's pretty cool.

Anyways, the story behind mine is pretty lame, even if I like the name itself. Zirnitra is basically a black dragon and the god of sorcery in Wendish mythology. So yeah… it sounds cool too. You can also just use "Zir" for short. Meh.

Beaums
Beaums
Posted at

Alrighty then! I've been looking for a topic like this in the Drunk Duck forums, and here it is! I'd promptly leave right now to prance around a maypole in joy, but I've got an origin to write!

Mine's pretty simple really. In short, it's the nickname I was given at school. You see, a big part of my background is French Canadian. Now not many people would know this when they looked at or spoke to me, and they'd often say: "What?! You're not French Canadian? DON'T TELL ME LIES!!!". Luckily, the largest piece of evidence I had to prove my heritage was in my very own name. As it turns out, I have a French Canadian last name.

My last name is Beaumont.

Part of this last name is "Beau" - which means "beautiful" in French. At school, my friends and I began the custom of calling each other by our last names. As days went on, we soon discovered that calling each other by our FULL last names was a bit lame, and straining on the vocal cords. So before long, my name was shortened to "Beaums".

Oh and just so you know, it's pronounced like so:

Beaums [bomez]
(Sounds like "domes"))

Posted at

I can't dance. Thus, I am chaos dancing. I am the DancingChaos.

Or, I'm just really chaotic. My chaoticness is always dancing, so that makes me the DancingChaos.

I was always DancingChaos on the net. If you see someone named DancingChaos somewhere else, it's probably me.

I thought of it when I was 12.

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

I was told Janen meant vicious mind in Japanese, but what I wasn't told is that in English there's the female name, Jane. Doh!

I thought Janen meant 'Goodbye' in Japanese.

Posted at

Doesn't 'Ja ne' mean goodbye in japanese?

Posted at

My pet lizard died a few weeks ago. :(

Hijuda
Hijuda
Posted at

Doesn't 'Ja ne' mean goodbye in japanese?

Beats me. I don't know Japanese. I just noticed that in subs, people say something that sounds like that when they say goodbye. Oh well.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.