Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
kkoenig
kkoenig
Posted at

How many people enter the comic book challenge every year?

nycartist1
nycartist1
Posted at

Anyone know when the "Top 50" list is going to be posted?

Just wonderin'…

Posted at

We should be posting the Top 50 in the next day or two. We're hip deep in entries still, but we should be done soon. We don't release the exact number of entries, but it's taking me and two other people well over two weeks since we closed the entries and about a month before that, with lots of overtime and weekends and not focusing on anything else, to read them all. Figure about 5-10 minutes per entry and you can get a pretty good guess. OK, back at it!!!

nycartist1
nycartist1
Posted at

We should be posting the Top 50 in the next day or two. We're hip deep in entries still, but we should be done soon. We don't release the exact number of entries, but it's taking me and two other people well over two weeks since we closed the entries and about a month before that, with lots of overtime and weekends and not focusing on anything else, to read them all. Figure about 5-10 minutes per entry and you can get a pretty good guess. OK, back at it!!!

Thanks, Dan!

Posted at

The top 50 are up. Check it out at www.comicbookchallenge.com and see if you recognize anyone. There are definitely folks from the DD family there. I'll try to get some of them to stop by and say Hi. Thanks to each and every person from here who entered, too. It was a really tough choice with a LOT of really great ideas and many of them from here.

OH, and the prizes are up there, too, now in case anyone was still wondering.

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Oh well, didn't get in this year. Guess I'll just try to improve this year so I'll have a better shot for next year's CBC

Posted at

Big surprise you guys waited until you had the top 50 selected to announce the prizes, seeing as you have one prize in there worth winning. Couldn't get Adobe as a sponsor this year, huh?

For reference, last year's prize list:

Grand Prize Winner
Winner's entry published as either a comic book miniseries or a graphic novel to debut at a Wizard World 2008 event.
15" Apple Mac Book Pro plus a $500 gift certificate from Newegg.com
42" Philips Plasma HDTV from Newegg.com
30GB Microsoft Zune from Newegg.com
11" x 6" Intuos 3 Graphire tablet from Wacom
Toon Boom Solo animation software from ToonBoom
Comic Book Creator Super Pack from Planetwide Media

Finalists (2)
Toon Boom Studio animation software from ToonBoom

Semifinalists (7)
Toon Boom Studio Express animation software from ToonBoom
Comic Book Creator software from Planet Wide Media

Top 50
$50 gift certificate from Newegg.com

This year? This year you've got a product suite that is basically Adobe Creative Suite's inbred cousin, a videogame you can play online for free and some movie tickets that a lot of people won't even be able to use.

Blues
Blues
Posted at

Big surprise you guys waited until you had the top 50 selected to announce the prizes, seeing as you have one prize in there worth winning. Couldn't get Adobe as a sponsor this year, huh?

For reference, last year's prize list:

Grand Prize Winner
Winner's entry published as either a comic book miniseries or a graphic novel to debut at a Wizard World 2008 event.
15" Apple Mac Book Pro plus a $500 gift certificate from Newegg.com
Toon Boom Solo animation software from ToonBoom

Finalists (2)
Toon Boom Studio animation software from ToonBoom

Semifinalists (7)
Toon Boom Studio Express animation software from ToonBoom

Top 50
$50 gift certificate from Newegg.com

This year? This year you've got a product suite that is basically Adobe Creative Suite's inbred cousin, a videogame you can play online for free and some movie tickets that a lot of people won't even be able to use.

What did happen to the prizes this year?
http://linerider.com/en/node/365244 <– I'm halfway to having the top 50 prizes already

Bradleyo
Bradleyo
Posted at

Ok. So some how me and my comic Surfboards and Rayguns made it in to the top 50, and to me thats cool, I'm really exited.
As far as this years prizes go, there is some pretty cool stuff there, maybe not as fat as last year, but I have to say, for me it's not about the prize packs.

It's about winning the grand prize and seeing my book in print. It's about making a bit of money to do something I love so I can continue to do it.

Congrats to the other 49, and best of luck to everyone.

Cheers
~Brad Overall

http://www.drunkduck.com/Surfboards_and_RayGuns/

Posted at

Ok. So some how me and my comic Surfboards and Rayguns made it in to the top 50, and to me thats cool, I'm really exited.
As far as this years prizes go, there is some pretty cool stuff there, maybe not as fat as last year, but I have to say, for me it's not about the prize packs.

It's about winning the grand prize and seeing my book in print. It's about making a bit of money to do something I love so I can continue to do it.

Cheers
~Brad Overall

Good luck, I hope you enjoy your prize of.. uh… Speed Racer Comic Creator.

Posted at

the most annoying noise in the world

Oh look it's APC back to troll! You just can't stay away from these platinum threads can you? FIGHT THE MAN!

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

Cheers
~Brad Overall

Yeah, for me this was the main thing as well. Just seeing your work printed for the rest of the world to enjoy. I didn't really care about the big prizes from last year like the TV and the iMac or anything like that since US and Australian powerpoints are different (US is straight down, Australia has theirs at an angle) so I wouldn't have been able to use them anyway. All I wanted was to go to my local comicbook shop, look at the stand and see my beloved creation on the shelf, right next to Kiss4K and Hero by Night and just above Looking for Group.

Also, the money for the publishing would have been nice

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.