Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

After giving it some more thought I figure both demonic and undead apply to vampires.

Reasons?

In almost all interpretations that I've seen/read/heard, the process of becoming a vampire is something that kills you. Despite that, you're still around to tell the tale, you're neither living nor dead. Undead.

In most cases, undeath is not a desirable thing. Often you have to deal with a decaying body or even no body at all. Most undead aren't even themselves any more. Just some mindless abominations that are doomed reliving the events before its death or feasting on the living. Vampires are one of the few undead that get to retain their original mind, albeit somewhat more morally skewed then before. As it's been mentioned before many of the old tales speak of men making packs with demons or the devil with the hopes of achieving immortality. Demons/devils being themselves say "sure you get to live forever but…" and proceed to throw in all of these wonderful catches to the deal. Vampirism is often categorized as an evil form of undeath achieved only through dealings with darker beings. Therefore it can be described being demonic in nature.

And Twilight douches are not vampires.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

And then you are told that you need to drink menstrual blood to awaken your psychic abilities.

I sure could go for a glass of that to unleash my psychic abilities…ladies.

i'll try to remember to send ya a tampon when the time comes. maby you can hold it by the string and make a nice tea outa it.

elektro
elektro
Posted at

And then you are told that you need to drink menstrual blood to awaken your psychic abilities.

i'll try to remember to send ya a tampon when the time comes. maby you can hold it by the string and make a nice tea outa it.

Somehow, I'm reminded of the infamous L7 "tampon throwing" incident.

PIT_FACE
PIT_FACE
Posted at

Somehow, I'm reminded of the infamous L7 "tampon throwing" incident.
i had a feeling you'd bring that up.

Posted at

I was playing Vampire: The Masquerade with some friends and I had a strange dream this morning. I just told my gamer friends about it. Then I saw this thread.

I dreamt that Evon Knowles [a vampire! see? relevance!] killed a bunch of people on the show Dancing With The Stars.

In the dream, I was visiting my grandmother and she said "Julia, put on that show for me. You know the one. With the dancing and the pretty costumes." So i put it on and it's just started and there's some old celebs dancing a waltz, or something and an announcer with some boring commentary. There was Phylicia Rashad from The Cosby Show. And the guy who was the little Asian boy in The Goonies. There was a man dancing with a cello. And I was thinking, that looks awkward.

Then the lights started flashing and the music changed to some hip-hop/pop song that had the words POP POP over and over. Really annoying song. The kind of thing a 5 year old would sing for a week straight. There was some kind of spiraled slide or conveyor belt. It came down from the ceiling, circled around the judge's table, and let out on the main floor, like a double-helix. Dancers were on it. Men on one side; women on the other, in spangly bikini things, looking generally fit and enviable. There was a smoke machine and a fan at the bottom. But someone had tampered with the slide/conveyor belt thing. It started going too fast. nobody noticed at first, because it was a fast song anyway. The dancers were ok at first. And the announcer was saying things like, "Well the judges don't seem impressed, but the audience is on it's feet!"

Then one of the dancers stumbled because the slide was too fast. And a judge was trying not to laugh. Then a few more fell and people were laughing.

Then the conveyor belt started to shake and the dancers really started piling up into each other. A smooth section of the conveyor belt fell off and there were all these gears underneath. The dancers were falling in and getting ground up. Blood was running down the spirals and pooling up. The fan started blowing blood mist into the smoke machines and there was a red fog. People started screaming and running. A giant blood puddle was oozing out over the stage and onto the stairs. People were slipping in the blood and getting trampled.

Then a huge banner fell down from the ceiling. Something about Vampire Anarchy and Fear Us! But it was hard to read because the letters kept changing. I didn't see who did it, but i knew it was Evon. And i felt so angry and shocked.

Then I woke up.

kbwall
kbwall
Posted at

I rather liked the Buffyverse vampires that were both undead and possessed by a demon.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.