Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Want to draw a story?

pyromike77
pyromike77
Posted at

I'm full of ideas and, well, completly lacking drawing ability… So I'm looking for an artist.
I really want to do a web comic. I have many storylines made, and want to see at least on of them take shape as more than thoughts. If you want to talk to me about it, please contact me.
AIM: pyromike77
E-Mail: pyromike77@gmail.com

murphy
murphy
Posted at

My advice, if you can't learn to draw, script everything. Everyone's got ideas for plot lines. The difference between that and writing is the actual writing part. Just like a play, comics have to be scripted out. You'd be hard pressed to find an artist willing to write all the dialogue of each page and figure out how it should be layed out to communicate the story properly. One of the big reasons artists leave projects is because there's no clear plot, the writer's just winging it, and they have to beg for the next page.

Write a complete play, then look for an artist. One complete work is far more likely of catching someone's eye than some plot ideas and summaries.

Anyway, good luck.

pyromike77
pyromike77
Posted at

By, "I have story lines made I mean I have stuff writen out.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

Write the first page out here and maybe people can have a go at that for you.

Enef
Enef
Posted at

Write the first page out here and maybe people can have a go at that for you.

I think that's a little much.
Maybe at least a summary about what the story is about so people know for real what you're asking.

It's a better idea because then the artists get an idea of what the writer wants from them and the writer gets an idea of how well their ideas can be conveyed by the artist.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.