Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

Well, looks like amanda set a deadline of Sept. 3rd for the other guys to get their pages together. Hopefully that does the trick.

Posted at

the third? how many pages would that entail?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Three was the original goal for band intro pages, but I know people have been busy. Between 1 and 3 then. Mostly, this is encouragement for people to introduce their bands and get this story movin' along.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

On the plus side, the fillers are pretty funny.
Filler. The word I scream when I'm having the bad dream.
Sadly, they actually make more sense than my official pages.
I think I went insane on my last real page.

Fishfilet
Fishfilet
Posted at

Ohhhh my godddd i forgot about this.

Like completely and utterly. The guilt is unbearable.

I still want to do it. Can I make into the next chapter or whatever? I've been trying to go through all this information but it's a bit daunting. BUT I REALLY WANT TO DO IT GOOD LORD

If there's room for me, tell me what you need and I shall create a character of great magnitude and utility. Summink.

Also the fillers are funny, yes.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Ohhhh my godddd i forgot about this.

Like completely and utterly. The guilt is unbearable.

I still want to do it. Can I make into the next chapter or whatever? I've been trying to go through all this information but it's a bit daunting. BUT I REALLY WANT TO DO IT GOOD LORD

If there's room for me, tell me what you need and I shall create a character of great magnitude and utility. Summink.

Also the fillers are funny, yes.
Yes, you can join in the next chapter (whenever that is, this seemingly plotless thing). Ask amanda on how best to join.
As a late comer you get one character. Not sure which band you'll get put in. I'm sure one of the groups will volunteer to take you in.

Posted at

Yes, you can join in the next chapter (whenever that is, this seemingly plotless thing). Ask amanda on how best to join.
As a late comer you get one character. Not sure which band you'll get put in. I'm sure one of the groups will volunteer to take you in.
Does this go for people that weren't members at the time of the original sign ups, or only folks that have been here since the beginning?

amanda
amanda
Posted at

We could use some more bands. Vak, I'm cool with letting more people sign up and get moving with the next section. Up to you.

Posted at

I'm going solo, I'm gonna throw a band together with my current characters, maybe a couple more, I'll have the pages in ASAP. anyone feel like easing an artist's plight and joining me, be my guest!

Posted at

that was understood cap'n Flapjack. but, ya know, gotta keep up with commitments!

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Does this go for people that weren't members at the time of the original sign ups, or only folks that have been here since the beginning?
It goes for everyone. As I say, the more the merrier. Anyone can join.

Posted at

Great! :D So … what do I need to do now?

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Great! :D So … what do I need to do now?
Create a character, join one of the groups (I think amanda keeps track of that…god I hope someone is keeping track of that!) and join next chapter. I'd suggest making a thread asking for advice and if any band will take you in at the official WotB forum.
I think the link for that is on the last page or two.
No one uses it anymore, I miss it.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Alright, let's kick off part two! This is a great chance for those of you without bands to jump in! Fish and Llama, you guys could team up if you like, or you can go out on your own. Decide on your characters and band name, and then choose a route!

You can post that information in the WotB forum.

Here's a link to the map of paths (drawn by AccoSpoot):
TA-DA!

Sodapop Curtis is currently following the zombie attack route.
Redneck Revolution is currently following the hitchhiker route.
The OMGirlz are doing their own, non-mapped thing.

I've posted a Chapter One recap in the Think Tank ^.^

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Alright, let's kick off part two! This is a great chance for those of you without bands to jump in! Fish and Llama, you guys could team up if you like, or you can go out on your own. Decide on your characters and band name, and then choose a route!

You can post that information in the WotB forum.

Here's a link to the map of paths (drawn by AccoSpoot):
TA-DA!

Sodapop Curtis is currently following the zombie attack route.
Redneck Revolution is currently following the hitchhiker route.
The OMGirlz are doing their own, non-mapped thing.

I've posted a Chapter One recap in the Think Tank ^.^

We're already done with chapter one?
Funny, it seems rather erratic and uncompleted as a thought.

amanda
amanda
Posted at

Well, I figured the first chapter was the intro stuff - and then the next part would be each band's first obstacle on their chosen path. *shrug*

So I guess it's just the recap to "the setup pages" or whatever.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Well, I figured the first chapter was the intro stuff - and then the next part would be each band's first obstacle on their chosen path. *shrug*

So I guess it's just the recap to "the setup pages" or whatever.
Sounds cool.
With all the learning and experience I'm gaining from this, War of the Bands 2 Tokyo Blitz should be awesome!
Hopefully.
Oh yeah, I already figured out the location for the next one. Yay me.

Cause WotB is a reality series, and those never end.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

It's Ireland.
4 will be Haiti.
5 is going to be Australia.
That's right, I have already have 5 seasons of WotB planned.
5 seasons. I'm obviously insane. The crazy sh!t my avatar does doesn't even cover half of how insane I must really be.
MWAHAHAHAHA!

Also, I made a crappy Halloween special. Happy Halloween everyone.

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Alright, what's next?
The updates seem to have stopped and I'm afraid this is starting to slow down.
Go super team go!
Anyways, who wants to make the chapter 2 cover?

Vakanai
Vakanai
Posted at

Alright rock monkeys, news time!

It is time for: The Page Progress Report. Who still has pages in the works, and what's the status report on their level of completion?

Unrelated news: Does anyone want to do some winter holiday filler? I'm off filler duty, and it can be pretty much anything you want, even shameless plugs for your own comics! Yay!

More news: We're going to start a contest. Basically people get to submit artwork of any of their own comic's cast rocking out in a band. The winner will get their comic advertised on War of the Bands for a really long time. Yay free advertisement!
Deadline is next month-ish.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.