Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

If I have a blackout, I retire to my car. Inside, stuffed in the dashboard is a 350 watt power inverter. As long as I keep my battery charged (by starting the engine) I can keep playing my PSP/DS… or rent and watch DVDs in my car… :)

Posted at

If I have a blackout, I retire to my car. Inside, stuffed in the dashboard is a 350 watt power inverter. As long as I keep my battery charged (by starting the engine) I can keep playing my PSP/DS… or rent and watch DVDs in my car… :)
Lucky bastard. D<

But what happens when you run out of gas?

Eirikr
Eirikr
Posted at

I grab a hand-crank flashlight/radio, a normal flaslight, and a book, and alternate reading and listening to music.

Posted at

During Katrina, we were trying to save food, so we made cookies on the grill outside…very smoky flavor.

… How do you, and who's idea was to even try that?

Simple really just lay them on a small cooking pan (cookie tray) like normal, and tent some tin foil over it. If the grill has a lid just pop the tray on and close the lid. I make cookies when I go camping all the time. Works better on a gas (propane) grill though, less smoky that way.

thanks for the advice. XD If I ever go camping I will be sure to remember that…although I never want to use it in a situation like a one week blackout ever again…

Posted at

Light candles and play board games with my sister.

During Katrina, we lost power for a week, so my dad got generator and hooked it up to the house. He connected it to the lights, the fridge, the freezer, and the TV.

…I think I was the last kid at my school to get power back.

Allan
Allan
Posted at

Usually I will just sit on the couch and wait for the power to come back on.

Other times I will go to the store or run some errands.

herio
herio
Posted at

wach a candle

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Lucky bastard. D<

But what happens when you run out of gas?

Well, to make sure that never happens I have… a JOB! :)

Posted at

Well, to make sure that never happens I have… a JOB! :)

You will refer to this as the 'j word' from now on, blasphemer.

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

hmm, i normaly set and think about the plot of a new part for my stories or i just reminisce about old times. that or go crazey lol

Aussie_kid
Aussie_kid
Posted at

My family usually plays either monopoly or poker with a few torches or lamps on.

Other times I draw or plot out some stories

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

For blackouts I always recommend getting a power inverter. Make sure you get anything under 400 watts since the average family car can handle that much. And for god sakes, DON'T EXCEED THE INVERTER'S WATTAGE!!! I've heard of people plugging their refrigerators into the thing, only to burn out the inverter and/or their car's elecrical system. O_O

WingNut
WingNut
Posted at

During finals week this last school year, power was out for over 10 days in my town. We got hit by a wicked ice storm that covered everthing in about four inches of solid ice. I think during the majority of it I spent completely piss drunk on Rum.

I say "I think." because I don't quite remember properly. :kitty:

-W

Posted at

As cheesy as it is, we light candles and play board games. We play Scrabble and Life. Then when we're bored of board games (XD), we just sit around and talk. But me, I wanna sleep.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.