Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
br4nzilla
br4nzilla
Posted at

I get frustrated when I try drawing in a slump because nothing looks right.. which makes the slump last longer.

My advice is to open up a P2P program ( everyone has them! ) and search different words that make you feel something. Download a few songs you don't know that have to do with that word. Usually something sounds different or funky enough to inspire. n__n

Posted at

Well I have ADHD so I just sit and shit pops into my head. Other than that I read other comics and draw ideas from that.

Posted at

When I can't draw, I write, and when I can't write, I draw.

When I can't do either, I just listen to music and try to draw inspiration from the lyrics. Sooner or later, something will pop up.

Posted at

There are a few things I would do in an artistic slump.

1) Read a really good book (most likely suspense thrillers) if I have time.
2) Watch a good movie.
3) Make random doodles.
4) When all else fails, I listen to very depressing music. Because I work better when I'm sad. O.o

Locoma
Locoma
Posted at

You could Start a storyline, that would replace the "what to draw?" with "how to draw it?".

Yroc
Yroc
Posted at

just take a dump and scream really loudly to your favorite song. Then spin around in circles for a while….trust me, it's fun and it works ^_^

Vaoni
Vaoni
Posted at

Me? I stay in that slump for about 6 months, followed by a small nervous breakdown. Then I'm usually fine.

I suppose that doesn't really help though…

Sounds like me :lol:
Ive never been able to get myself out of slumps :? and they drag on and on.
Am in one right now.. though doesnt exactly help that the finger i rest my pencil/pen/etc on has been slashed open and is painful as fuck.
Ho hum.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.