Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

what is the funniest thing youve seen ur pet do

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

ide have to say my leopard gecko, reno is one heck of a character.
i get so cracked up when hes angry or scared because he squeals out. one day i put him in the sink for a warm bath to help him shed, it was his first though so he didnt know how to react and when i placed him in the water he freaked out and began to squeal as hard as he could,hahahaha i couldnt help but luagh at the poor little guy. heres an example ofjust how funny he can be. NOTE this isnt me,just a film i found
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAc61mXkr1s

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

I once lifted up my hamster only to notice there was a baby hamster butt sticking out of her (she was giving birth). I quickly put her back, of course.

Chernobog
Chernobog
Posted at

I used to have a hamster. He was full of fun little tricks, but one of his best was getting inside his hamster ball and actively chasing the cat around the house in it. That lil guy had no fear!

HyenaHell
HyenaHell
Posted at

Ha. Man, my dog is a constant source of ammusement. I don't think I could pick any one thing that he does, but…

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

Ha. Man, my dog is a constant source of ammusement. I don't think I could pick any one thing that he does, but…

hehehehe thats a very cute little dog. we use to have a dog that looked sorta like that, named Damon

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

My cat has a long tail which always twitches about as if it has a mind of its own. One day he was lying on the couch and somehow ended up in a position where his tail was hitting himself in the face. He ended up putting his paw on it to stop it from hitting him.

As for my dog, every time he crosses the kitchen floor is pathetic and pretty funny. The floor is a bit slippery and every time he gets freaked out and then tries to make a dash for it, which of course makes him slip and slide across the room. Sometimes his legs even splay out like Bambi. Poor guy, he's been living with us for 5 or 6 years and he still hasn't gotten the hang of it.

Walrus
Walrus
Posted at

My hamsters fighting.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

A rat I had was the only one in his cage to survive a virus, so he was by himself and always demanding attention. I brought home a stuffed bunny, which he pulled into the cage by its foot and then fell asleep with it.

Yeah, that's manly. – Also, this.

My cat always does silly things – cats seem to be good at that. They are so clumsy but so good at pretending nothing happened.

Terminal
Terminal
Posted at

I saw my dog run into a wall and I was all like, "damn dog, u stupid."

Then it barked.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

My cat used to hide under a sheet… then he'd sneak up on other cats, while still under the sheet, and pounce on them!
I used to call him Ghost Cat.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Don't know if this counts as funny, but one day I opened my front door to go outside only to be greeted by my cat with a gift in its mouth; a half eaten but still living Brown Tree Snake. The snake looked so pitiful I decided to throw it into a tree where it can die peacefully but my cat went back for it…

I had a friend whose pet kicked the bucket, croaked, then nearly bought the farm… on E-Bay (too bad frogs can't navigate the internet very well). :)

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Don't know if this counts as funny, but one day I opened my front door to go outside only to be greeted by my cat with a gift in its mouth; a half eaten but still living Brown Tree Snake. The snake looked so pitiful I decided to throw it into a tree where it can die peacefully but my cat went back for it…

Cat's seem to think we'd like it if they bring us little presents. My cat regularly brought us mice, I remember being extremely grossed out by it.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Cat's seem to think we'd like it if they bring us little presents. My cat regularly brought us mice, I remember being extremely grossed out by it.

I always thought they did that because they always see us go out to "hunt" and we come home with armfuls of food that we share with them, making them feel really inadequate…. or something like that…

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

I always thought they did that because they always see us go out to "hunt" and we come home with armfuls of food that we share with them, making them feel really inadequate…. or something like that…
Cats don't think in steps like that and are not mimics. (Cats bring people things whether their people go out or not – even if they are a stray that has never known a person.) They think like cats, brains hardwired for their instincts and feline behavior. In a social or family setting, cats always bring the kill to share with the rest of the family/pack. Mother cats bring live prey to teach their kittens to kill.

My cat has never killed anything, even at our old house when she was allowed outside. She brought home baby bunnies completely uninjured and kicking her in the head. Now as an indoor cat, she drops inanimate objects by my door. She has a collection of stuffed animals, but also loves to carry socks, balls of yarn, anything made of fabric. She once brought me the purse of a houseguest. She cannot sleep without having a toy with her.

Oh, and I've seen her sleepwalk. She'll start yowling in a drowsy low-pitch tone, fast asleep, get up (eyes closed), put her mouth around the nearest fuzzy toy, and curl up again.

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

Cats don't think in steps like that and are not mimics. (Cats bring people things whether their people go out or not – even if they are a stray that has never known a person.) They think like cats, brains hardwired for their instincts and feline behavior. In a social or family setting, cats always bring the kill to share with the rest of the family/pack. Mother cats bring live prey to teach their kittens to kill.

My cat has never killed anything, even at our old house when she was allowed outside. She brought home baby bunnies completely uninjured and kicking her in the head. Now as an indoor cat, she drops inanimate objects by my door. She has a collection of stuffed animals, but also loves to carry socks, balls of yarn, anything made of fabric. She once brought me the purse of a houseguest. She cannot sleep without having a toy with her.

Oh, and I've seen her sleepwalk. She'll start yowling in a drowsy low-pitch tone, fast asleep, get up (eyes closed), put her mouth around the nearest fuzzy toy, and curl up again.

hahhaha yeah my cats an odd ball,he thinks hes a dog i think, he rolls around on his back and loves his belly scrathed than he kicks his leg when u hit that right spot,he seems to love water so much he nose dive into the bath water when its running and when we let him out side, no joke,he brings hom huge dog friends from who knows where.hes the strangest cat weve had but thet again,he was a rescue so he must have been scarred some point in his life

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I have a cockateil that taught himself to ring like a telephone, and I've seen him scratch himself like a dog.

I also have a dog who got her head stuck in a tissue box when she was younger.

Posted at

My dog jumping at doors when you close them. He bites the doorknob too and he does it every single time you close a door on him. Here's a picture of him:

I still love him, mind you

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

One morning my dog broke off from his leash and ran off. Not being able to find him, I went to school. Afterwards, walking down the alley towards my house, I saw my dog returning as if perfectly timed with when I got home. And he brought home supper! A full bag of pogos. We didn't eat them, obviously, but I think it was a nice thought. And better than dead birds.

Ozoneocean
Ozoneocean
Posted at

Ooooo, sleep actions… that reminds me of a late cat of mine (died two years ago). She would yowl sometimes in her sleep, but the worst part was she would sleep attack.

It'd be the cause of numerous fights with her daughter who she'd like to sleep next to. But it would make her very dangerous to have on your tummy on occasion.
-She'd be fast asleep on your chest, then she might start talking to herself, nattering away, chirruping and then an unearthly yowl. The she'd appear to wake up, she'd look you right in the face, with her eyes opened WIDE, except the pupils would be FULLY dilated. Then she'd try and scratch your face off.

It looked freaky strange, like she was possessed, and it makes me think that most stories about people and animals being possessed could have really been cases of sleep actions. Hmm…

Anyway, when I'd grab her tightly to stop her attacking me, she'd shake her head, blink a few times and squint sleepily. Then she'd make a sleepy inquiring sound as if to ask what was going on. Her pupils would be back to normal- I'd always check her pupils to make sure, then I knew she'd be safe again.

Posted at

Sleep attacking cat.

Reminds me of this dog.

Lonnehart
Lonnehart
Posted at

Poor dog… I bet when he wakes up he wonders why he feels so tired…

Pineapple
Pineapple
Posted at

my dog ate a sock once. I didn't see him eat it, but I saw it after. Then about a month later he ate another sock, and lo and behold, they were from the same pair!

Peipei
Peipei
Posted at

My cat likes to make her hind legs march in place for absolutely no reason at all. It's the funniest thing I have ever seen her do :p.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

It's nothing unique, but every now and then my dog likes to find something, and never the same thing twice, and just roll in it. He makes the weirdest little gasping noise when he does it too.

Plus, I always thought this was funny.

Koshou
Koshou
Posted at

one time my cat was rolling around, trying to get my attention… and then he fell off the bed. the look on his face was priceless.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.