Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What is your scariest convention experience?

Twin
Twin
Posted at

Conventions? Aren't they those thing that happen in every single damn capital city in Australia except for mine?!!

But yeah, aside from the requisite 'old, grossly overweight guys dressed like schoolgirls', I have nothing of my own to add.

Duck
Duck
Posted at

Two things:

First, I was working at dragon con a while ago to get outta the fee. A great experience I must say, because I saved 75 bucks, to watch anime. But on the second day, we were supposed to have this "retro anime" theme in the morning, but the guy who had the stuff couldn't make it until the afternoon. So we're playing what we've bought/had. So I'm outside the room changing up the schedule when this woman comes up dressed in what could only be described as a bumble bee and Charz from Gundam combined, comes up to me asking about why we aren't showing Battle of the Planets. So I explain why, and I look up, I'm being filmed.

That was just kinda creepy, knowing I'm on film by this real big fangirl. To top it off, my friend and I see her again at the food court talking to a japanese girl about how her hair is cool, right after I told him the story.

The second, happened at the same con. Running the anime room, we were showing R.O.D before it came out here, so we had our room PACKED to the gills. People were watching from OUTSIDE THE ROOM. So, it gets done and people ask what's next, and we (for some reason) had to show this live action zombie student like film. It was so bad, I could use it as tools to settle the room down. Infact I did.

"we either watch this, or I put in the zombie flick again!"

"we'll watch it! Not the zombies!"

JillyFoo
JillyFoo
Posted at

Last two conventions I seem to find people that like to draw hairy ugly dwarf trolls and talk about their role playing experiences as a hairy ugly dwarf troll. Yuck.

Posted at

I've never been to a convention. One might say I'm…

(wait for it)

unconventional.

same here. :(
I sooo want to go to a convention, and dress up too!
I bet it would be so much fun!

stupid North Dakota, it doesn't have any remotely intersting conventions nearby that I could easily access on foot…
You think that's bad? I live in Canada. CANADA. It's not even city-style Canada- I live out in the BOONIES. The INTERIOR. The NOT GONNA GET TO SANS DIEGO UNLESS I SPEND QUITE A FEW MONIES. AND THE MONIES ARE NOT EVEN WORTH AS MUCH AS THE MONIES DOWN SOUTH. GOD DAMNIT SOMEONE GET ME TO A CONVENTION ASAP.

okay rant over.

I've heard there are some good conventions in Vancouver B.C.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.