Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

what's the coolest/weirdest thing that shows up when you google your name?

herio
herio
Posted at

ce scientists revealed today that they have found the biggest known diamond in the universe - a 10-billion-trillion-trillion-carat gem.

US astrophysicists said they found the massive rock on Valentine's Day, positioned 50 light years away in the constellation Centaurus.

"You would need a jeweller's loupe the size of the Sun to grade this diamond," said Travis Metcalfe who led the researchers at the Harvard-Smithsonian Centre for Astrophysics.

The cosmic diamond is a chunk of crystallised carbon in the core of a white dwarf star.

It is 4,000 km across and weighs 2.27 million trillion trillion kg, which translates to about 10 billion trillion trillion carats, or a one followed by 34 zeros.

"It's the mother of all diamonds," said Dr Metcalfe.

"Some people refer to it as Lucy in a tribute to the Beatles song, Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds."

The biggest diamond on earth is the 530-carat Star of Africa, which is located the British crown jewels.

Dr Metcalfe said our sun would become a white dwarf when it dies in 5 billion years.

Two billion years after that, the Sun's ember core will crystallise as well, leaving a giant diamond in the centre of our solar system.

"Our sun will become a diamond that truly is forever," said Dr Metcalfe.

Researchers at the institution made a second Valentine's Day discovery.

The Spitzer Space Telescope spied a cluster of red newborn stars, positioned in a rosebud-shape.

The star cluster is 3,300 light years away in the constellation Cepheus.

The stars formed from a massive cloud of gas and dust that contains enough raw material to create a thousand sun-like stars.

Fragments of the cloud became so cold and dense that they collapsed into stars.

Most stars in our Milky Way galaxy are thought to form in such clusters.

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

When I google my name it comes up with this guy who does this really dumb webcomic about cows and pigs. It's pretty retarded, oh wait that is me.

Omg that is friggin weird! Who wants to see THAT when they google their name!

Boxtop
Boxtop
Posted at

The only things I get when Googling my name are a signature on an old (2002) internet petition to stop Nickelodeon from taking Spongebob off the air, two old posts on The Rockstar Game forum (I'm one of the members of my fictional band) and some stupid Star Wars name generator thing.

This is a good thing because nobody knows who I really am and I have nothing incriminating against me for when I get a job.

Niccea
Niccea
Posted at

Evidently there is a woman with my name who is a genealogist in Pittsburgh. If I try searching my full name, nothing comes up. Except for Google trying to correct my spelling in my last name. You have to type in the name of my city to even get something about me. And it is a list of alumni from a high school I never went to (it is the high school I was supposed to go to.) And the list of winners for a triathlon that was held in my hometown.

If you search my user name, you get the North Ireland Council for Curriculum, Education, and Assessment.

Google "Niccea Majeare" and you get every account I have ever made on any other site.

usedbooks
usedbooks
Posted at

Most stuff that comes up on Google is my sites or related to me (that and some genealogy stuff). I have no internet anonymity… -_-

I did discover a couple interesting things. Though. One is someone actually recommending a book I wrote and published on CafePress several years ago.

I also found a photo of my cat that I forgot I submitted to a site. She was only a few years old in the picture. She's 15 now.

Posted at

Once I got the Wikipedia article for mooning. There is apparently a notable Irish mooner who is also named Patrick Devine. Awesome?

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

Once I got the Wikipedia article for mooning. There is apparently a notable Irish mooner who is also named Patrick Devine. Awesome?

So awesome. I think you should go out now and live up to that name!

Gohlico
Gohlico
Posted at

Nothing for me. I've always been weird. :P

Posted at

So awesome. I think you should go out now and live up to that name!
I can't! I have no butt!

Posted at

pretty much anything about the late pope (We have the same name)

Posted at

Hmmm, let's see…

Well, I share a name with a famous British soccer player. He turns up more often than the others.

There's also a line of Care Bear knock-offs out there with one of the toys featuring the same name as me.

The weirdest, however, is probably a line of dildos. One of them had my name. It was apparently a "stimulating, easy to use model that comes in green, black, or pink"

I tried to find it again for this but it isn't there anymore. Maybe they went out of business.

Posted at

When I google "ParkerFarker" everything on page 1 is me. But when I google my real name "Jake Parker" I come up with this other comics artist. He made "Agent 44" pretty cool ay?

Senshuu
Senshuu
Posted at

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/Jessica-CANTALOUPE-283-Nail-Polish-14-8ml-NEW-Varnish_W0QQitemZ180261459141QQihZ008QQcategoryZ11873QQcmdZViewItem

:V Not exactly my name, but people spell it that way all the time.

Mostly what comes up is things actually relating to me/my websites, though, even with just my online name. Google will even correct you if you misspell "Senshuu" (or spell something very similar to it) now. Yay!

Posted at

The first site that comes up says I am "one of Australia's best cartoonists; especially when it comes to taking a 'corporate' idea and turning it into a memorable cartoon or …"

WOW

I wonder how that happened… It is probably the only site anywhere that has my name (Wolf Wildwood)

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.