Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

What's the weirdest thing you've done to kill time?

Posted at

I used to work 13 hour shifts at the corner store in my neighborhood. 9 am to 10 pm. Wasn't allowed to read books, newspaper articles, watch videos, or listen to music. My boss was a jerk, but that's another story altogether.

I had a conversation with a stapler. It turned into an argument. He claimed he had a PHD, and I begged to differ…seeing as he was just a stapler, while I was a struggling college student (still am.)

warefish
warefish
Posted at

I got together with a bunch of mates during drama class. We made a massive chair tower with every chair in the class, the teachers chair being the chair on the top. :)

Then we played Jenga with the chairs when it was time to take them down.

The teacher didn't mind. He just thought we were cracked.

Jonko
Jonko
Posted at

I had a conversation with a stapler. It turned into an argument. He claimed he had a PHD, and I begged to differ…seeing as he was just a stapler, while I was a struggling college student (still am.)

You must have an amazing imagination!

lba
lba
Posted at

I got together with a bunch of mates during drama class. We made a massive chair tower with every chair in the class, the teachers chair being the chair on the top. :)

Then we played Jenga with the chairs when it was time to take them down.

The teacher didn't mind. He just thought we were cracked.

That reminds me.During my theatre tech classes we all used to play hacky sack in the hallway during our down time, which we had a lot of. I used to be pretty good at it.

Faliat
Faliat
Posted at

I've done some pretty mad stuff to pass time.

When I was six I got into trouble for swearing when I didn't. And here's why.
I was cycling through various different sounds in a song just to see what kinds of combinations I could make. I was singing "Chick Chick Chicken" since it was Easter and we'd jsut had the easter bonnet parade.
Eventually I got round to "Futt Futt Futtin" and a girl clyped on me for it. I told the teacher I didn't say anything bad. So I repeated the song and I got kept behind for it.
I wasn't laughed at by the other kids, though. Most didn't understand it either. But that girl did. So she obviously came from a family that used the F word a lot.

Last week I actually sang a song to myself. I usually make some random rhymes up to kill time and entertain myself during chores.
This one had Che Guevara "Dancing the Hokey Cokey with a cupcake on his head and bananas under his armpits" and Fidel Castro "Eating Twiglets with his eyes" among other things.

I also perform drum beats on things in front of me with my nails. I've been doing that since I was eight and I haven't really stopped since. I actually do better drumbeats on tobacco tins turned into crayon tins (That's what the schools used back then)than I do on a synthesised drum looping program or an actual drum kit. I so some pretty eleborate stuff when I really get into it but usually somebody else gets driven mad before I get the chance.

When I was five I used to pull out my eyelashes when I was bored. And that was a habit that got my mum called in to discuss it. Until I explained the reason I'm sure I almost got sent to psychologist for it.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

Once, in high school, my class decided to start a revolution. So we all just haul up and leave class, including our still present teacher, and headed towards the principal's office with every intent of staging a takeover, or at least a protest/strike of some sort. Well, of course we started to chicken out, but half of us were still together when they got to the office. I was not one of them.

They were all put into in school suspension for two days. Long live the revolution!

Posted at

dressed up in a latex bodysuit and whipped myself with a horsewhip whilst… wait, no…

Redemption
Redemption
Posted at

Wow. To pass time I use my break to get a coffee.
If I'm not at work… I go make coffee.

I feel the need to inject some zest into my life.

waff
waff
Posted at

headbutted the wall…no seriously, I was once bored and I remebered my year 6 teacher say I should headbutt the wall so I went to the boys toilets, headbutted the wall and went back too class.true story.

Redemption
Redemption
Posted at

headbutted the wall…no seriously, I was once bored and I remebered my year 6 teacher say I should headbutt the wall so I went to the boys toilets, headbutted the wall and went back too class.true story.

Would you recommend it as an effective method of passing time?

Nefy
Nefy
Posted at

I sit down and work on a massive map of a fictional universe nobody has ever heard of. I love making maps… Spinning details… Adding cultures and little people to follow my vile plans for their future damnation.

Heh… Hehehe…

Freegurt
Freegurt
Posted at

I remember, all throughout school, me and my buddies would get that Elmer's glue, and put it all over our hands. After it dried, we'd peel it off much like it was skin.

Then I'd put play glue all over my Lego boats wait for it to dry and then peel that off too.

Hakoshen
Hakoshen
Posted at

I remember, all throughout school, me and my buddies would get that Elmer's glue, and put it all over our hands. After it dried, we'd peel it off much like it was skin.

Then I'd put play glue all over my Lego boats wait for it to dry and then peel that off too.

OMG so did we!

bittertea
bittertea
Posted at

I try not to think…

Otherwise I would just think myself into a corner all day, LITERALLY! I wish my head would just shut up. Sometimes drinking and socializing helps but then I start thinking again! Like how expensive it is to go out and drink… so if I can't afford to not think, I have to find ways to make money. So I sometimes try to use these thoughts productively and put them into a source of income, but I somehow manage to think myself out of it every time. I wish I could think of something better to do, no wait..no I don't, argh pisscicles! there it goes again! ahhhhhh *sadness …must not think!

tiffawolf
tiffawolf
Posted at

heh heh, tieing a mealworm to a peace o thred and pestering my leopard gecko,reno.hahaha every time he would jump for it i would yank it away XD of course the little guy is over weight any ways so he wasnt starving

AQua_ng
AQua_ng
Posted at

Devise an defence plan of the surrounding area in case of a zombie epidemic occurs.

3Eoclock
3Eoclock
Posted at

Ummm… you know those cheep ceiling tiles they have in offices and school with the dots?

Yea, I counted all the dots.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.