Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Ironscarf
Ironscarf
Posted at

I don't understand the concept of shaving brush. Your hand doesn't work?

My hand is not covered with fine quality bristles which are soft yet flexible and retain their shape. Thus, my hand is not capable of softening and raising stubble to promote a smoother and closer shave.

On the subject of shaving… why do ppl shave with the grain? I find I only get a decent shave if I shave against the grain, easier and less painful (as in no pain), too.

If you'd used a decent brush first, you'd get a decent shave without going against the grain and would thus not be punishing your skin and risking shaving rash and ingrowing hairs.

Come on man, I shouldn't be having to teach you how to shave at your age!

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

A few months ago one of my cats barfed on my desk chair. I threw it out. A couple days later I found a chair marked "FREE" in the back alley. I took him home and wiped it down. Not long afterwards the back almost completely broke off(it had been duct taped up when I found it).

I'm still using it.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I am the proverbial skinflint. My wife hates it. I'll wait for special effects laden movies to come to the cheap theaters and comedies to come to television, games to move to the reduced/greatest hits rack (I'm still waiting for the PS3 and 360 to get cheaper before I buy one of either).

I buy the store brands when grocery shopping(which helps the stores because they make more money off store brands than name brands). I shop around for gas and then when I put it in my car I don't accelerate fast.

I eat off value menus and often only get water to drink with my food at the occasional restaurant with an actual waitress. I buy used cars and never with a payment.

I buy my clothes at the Salvation Army store because I drive a semi full of stamped auto parts from a supplier to Ford stamping twice a day and any time there's a tractor-trailer, there's grit grime and grease involved.

If I can't afford it, I don't buy it. I don't live beyond my means. That doesn't mean I have any kind of savings though, because while I do these things, my wife nickle and dimes me to death.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I don't have money so I don't buy things.

Although I don't know if that's being cheap.

That's called being poor. Being cheap is when you have money but don't spend it.

gullas
gullas
Posted at

Well usually I'm cheap because I've got little-to no dough but when I do acquire some, I'm usually pretty fast spending it…

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

with hookers…

or maybe not.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

I'm so cheap I make Mr.Krabs look generous!

Whirlwynd
Whirlwynd
Posted at

I'm another one that it depends on the cashflow. Seeing as it's likely we're going on strike this week, I am cheap on everything right now =\

I still tend to be on the cheaper side when I do have a good cashflow, though. I only landed a full-time job a few years ago, before that, it was always "you never know when you're not going to be working anymore," and that's still stuck with me.

But I've been happy with an inexpensive lifestyle, anyway. A small apartment, cheap hobbies, and few possessions. The things I will spend money on without thinking about it too much are gifts and going out to eat. And also a new couch, but I don't go buying new couches every week.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I'm cheap with things the kids are going to ruin.

My living room furniture is all second hand and now looks tatty. I'm looking forward to getting a nice leather reclining sofa set next year once they are past the ruin everything in sight stage.

Frae
Frae
Posted at

I'm cheap with alcohol….my friends like to be the ones to say "first round is on me". I just make sure I talk to them at seperate times and make sure they THINK it's my first round.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

I'm cheap with things the kids are going to ruin.

My living room furniture is all second hand and now looks tatty. I'm looking forward to getting a nice leather reclining sofa set next year once they are past the ruin everything in sight stage.

Let me know what age that is, because my 13yo still uses the sofa and her clothes as a napkin and I recently discovered she has been hiding trash between the cushions. I think you're only allowed to have nice things after they move off to college… or in some cases just move off.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

My five year old is fine, but the younger two… not so much. I often find my two year old will find a marker pen and draw over the monitor. Little sod, hen I tell people they say, well where did you leave the maker pen? they all live in a set of draws located on top of my desk, he climbes up my chair onto the desk and wrecks havoc. My printer/scanner is out of action as he has managed to jam a toy in it, in future I will take him with me when i go to the toilet so he can't wreck things while I drain the snake.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

My five year old is fine, but the younger two… not so much. I often find my two year old will find a marker pen and draw over the monitor. Little sod, hen I tell people they say, well where did you leave the maker pen? they all live in a set of draws located on top of my desk, he climbes up my chair onto the desk and wrecks havoc. My printer/scanner is out of action as he has managed to jam a toy in it, in future I will take him with me when i go to the toilet so he can't wreck things while I drain the snake.

That's the one that will be using the sofa for a napkin and trashcan when he's 13…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.