Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Posted at

I am just doing my thing.

For the immediate future…check out
www.shaneronzio.net
I Have some new bad guys and good guys that I show a sneek peek coming to the CROSS WORLDS NEXXUS real soon.

Ocka
Ocka
Posted at

I just plan to make people giggle and be entertained >.> It's a hobby.

Posted at

Really we created Voodoo Walrus just as a way to air out all the insane ideas we come up with on a constant basis and maybe entertain some folks along the way. Outside of that there is no real goal save using it as a testing ground for practice in all things from art to writing and all things in between.

But for now will just stick with our plan to vent all our aimless insanity into one focused beam of webcomicy bizarreness.

Exzachly
Exzachly
Posted at

If the unlikely should occur and I make a modest living off doing comics, I wouldnt ask for more.
In Finland that's impossible…
I draw a 115mmx172mm full colour comic to a large-ish magazine, and get 50 euros per picture. You would have to be NUTS to draw enough comics to make a living (say one needs 1500e/month –> 30 individual illustrations). Where do you find the magazines for that?
Also, it's hard enough to make a living as an artist or a writer… but as a comic artist?
HAHAHA! And that was a bitter laugh -_-;

In print comics here in the states, the IP for the comics is owned by syndicates who sell the same comic to multiple periodicals, and the artist gets a modest amount based on contract. As for webcomics, the biggest ones are able to live off of merch money and donation drives alone. So, it's not impossible, just nigh-impossible. ;P

Posted at

Meh. I just make comics. Realize that's the best thing to do and let whoever reads it guide it and you in the next directions. Keep your dayjob and be optimistic.

If people want to throw money at me for merch for whatever ungodly reason, that's a perk, but not a driving force.

Posted at

well this may be surprising, but I plan on becoming very famous. I won't die if Misfit Assassins doesn't make me famous… nope, I'll just make a better comic! it doesn't matter what happens, I'm the kind of person who has a boundless megalomaniacal sense of self-worth and confidence… I'm basically the shit. (everyone gets mad at me when I say these things though. -_-; they just don't get it.) so anyway, uh, got sidetracked!
no matter what happens, I'll be some sort of famous art-person, whether it be painter, comic-artist, or novelist.
anyway, wanna hear my plan on how I'll reach acclaim and a huge fanbase?

manga artist:
1.) win RSOM
2.) internship at tokyopop… I'll blow a few execs to get my own manga!! (figuratively speaking!!! hahaha!!!!?)
3.) yay I'm famous!

painter:
1.) paint a lot
2.) enter into galleries
3.) win contests
4.) yay I'm marginally famous!!

novelist:
1.) write GAM (great american novel)
2.) work at publishing company
3.) convince my coworkers to publish my book.
4.) yay I'm famous?

so yup! nothing but fame on my horizon!!!
(hey I may as well dream big, right?)

dueeast
dueeast
Posted at

(Showing my Texan side again) Y'all are going to laugh, but I've actually accomplished one of my dreams just being here! Seriously, I started scanning my comics and putting them on the web in 1996. I know they got seen by people and that some people enjoyed them. (In fact, that's part of how I met my friend, TitanOne.) But getting feedback was almost impossible. I kind of felt like I was doing it for nothing.

Then my wife and I started Due East in 2003 and I found Comic Genesis. Neat interface, some interesting comics…no feedback, no real community to speak of. It was a good "practice" environment and a good place to direct friends to see what we're doing.

And now, there's Drunk Duck: a real community of comic artists! True feedback and interaction. The opportunity to increase readership and growth of the comic.

Very cool.

Future goals? Seeing Due East be published in graphic novels would be amazing.

A movie? I dunno. By the right people, it could be neat – but done wrong….? Um, no.

Masq
Masq
Posted at

Creating an empire? Ha ha ha, I'm just doing this for fun. But when I get a huge idea I'm sure will go far… Hmm… *goes off to daydream*

Posted at

And now, there's Drunk Duck: a real community of comic artists! True feedback and interaction. The opportunity to increase readership and growth of the comic.

Very cool.

Future goals? Seeing Due East be published in graphic novels would be amazing.

A movie? I dunno. By the right people, it could be neat – but done wrong….? Um, no.

i've never really seen a webcomic community as connected as DD anywhere else.

darrell
darrell
Posted at

Though I'd love to make a comfortable living making (writing and/or drawing) comics my more realistic goal is to finish Divine Leap (I currently have it set at 3 chapters or about 20 issues long), have it all posted on DrunkDuck and have at least a dozen or so people say "Wow! I really enjoyed that." Then move on to the other comic ideas I have and repeat the above.

Mizukane
Mizukane
Posted at

This comic is more for fun than anything else. A friend of mine invented the character and I helped him develop it. Now we've come up with a story for him, so it's about telling a good story more than anything. I don't expect much to come from this comic, but I would like to go into the film industry to tell more stories one day…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.