Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Why's there a rating system?

cs3ink
cs3ink
Posted at

Granted, I've only been here a little over a month, but I don't see a point for having anything other than a "5" on th "Rate It" scale.

I've never seen anyone rate something other than a 5. I've done it once or twice, but given the apparent trend of rating every bloody comic a 5 at DD, I'm beginning to feel that it might be taboo to actually, truly rate a book. If I rate something as 4 or less will a cloud of DD winged monkeys sweap out the sky & yank out all my straw?

There are plenty of 4s & less on DD (heck many peole might even include one or both of my books on that list). Is everyone's 1-4 buttons broken? Is it considered rude to rate less than a 5?

What am I missing as a newby? Am I simply too dense (very likely, I admit)?

Feedback, please.

Later,
Chip

Posted at

People are scared of starting Flame Wars.

Also, the rating system has no bearing on your rank (last time I checked…). All the ranks on the site are determined by Page Views.

Cthulhu
Cthulhu
Posted at

Some people actually report comments that are 4's.

Posted at

that was from the old DD
ranking used to be based on the rating

Posted at

Yeah, it's sort of a holdover from how things used to run. There's no purpose to the numbers now other than as a general indicator of like/dislike. Most people don't bother voting less than 4 of 5 because if they don't like it, why bother?

Posted at

I've had my comic rated less then a 5 a few times, I want people to tell me what they think.

But I can't remember when I rated less then a 5, because if I read a comic I don't like or its sloppy or something, I wont rate it or comment.
Why? I dunno, its how I roll I suppose.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.