Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Your proudest and or least proudest moments ever.

worstcase
worstcase
Posted at

Proudest moment:
…I'll get back to you on that.

Least proudest moment:
I won a school talent show playing goltermann concerto 4 in g major on the cello. The next day, everyone told me at school that I shouldn't have won the talent show, because "classical music sucks". Then, they told me the metal band that played should have won because they had the audience's interest and I never did. I was boo'd in the hallways for a few months. (The metal band wasn't even that great. Playing random notes is not talent. I mean, I think metal's cool and all, but they didn't pull it off.) Sometimes, people still tell me that I shouldn't have won. And that happened about 5 years ago.

That sounds awful. I would have cried…mean people at your school!

Insanity
Insanity
Posted at

Lowest:
Right Now, It Just Happened. I Pushed One Of My Friends Off Of My HeavyBag When He Was Climbing It, And He Has Trouble Breathing. I Hope I Don't Get In Trouble For It.

Highest:
Making My Sister Laugh With Ass Cactus.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

An unearthed memory…

New lowest… (well. new in that I just remembered it. It happened a long time ago)

There was a short time a while back when I was just generally having a really tough time… then I'd come home and my daughter would frustrate the hell out of me by not listening and (not often, but every once in a while) I caught myself yelling at her. I've never felt more rotten in my life.

I don't mean "Hey, cut that out!" or "What the hell are you doing?!"… I'm talking I was like R Lee Ermey's character Gny. Sgt. Hartman from Full Metal Jacket. The few times I caught myself doing that… you can't say 'I'm sorry' enough… You just can't.

Today she and I get along much better than we ever used to… That might have a lot to do with "absence makes the heart grow fonder", as my current job keeps me away three weeks out of every four. But I'd like to think part of it is because I'm now a wiser parent.

These days if I catch her yelling at me, I calmly ask her, "Oh, we're yelling now? Would you like me to yell back?" and her yelling instantly stops. On the surface it would appear that I'm only talking to her when I say this, but it's also a reminder to me that I don't want to be the kind of dad who does that.

Salsicoruc
Salsicoruc
Posted at

Highest: At my high school, at the end of the year, our teachers get together all the senior class and read off a prepared, short 'statement' about each person: what that teacher think of most when they think of that individual. Well a teacher I really respected (but was positive hated me), wrote mine:

"Sally reminds us all how to respect each other, and more importantly how to respect ourselves."

Lowest: Geez, so many. For the sake of space, anything stupid I've ever said in front of people I'd like to respect me (several major incidences). My mouth works faster than my conscience.

Posted at

Proudest moment:
…I'll get back to you on that.

Least proudest moment:
I won a school talent show playing goltermann concerto 4 in g major on the cello. The next day, everyone told me at school that I shouldn't have won the talent show, because "classical music sucks". Then, they told me the metal band that played should have won because they had the audience's interest and I never did. I was boo'd in the hallways for a few months. (The metal band wasn't even that great. Playing random notes is not talent. I mean, I think metal's cool and all, but they didn't pull it off.) Sometimes, people still tell me that I shouldn't have won. And that happened about 5 years ago.

That sounds awful. I would have cried…mean people at your school!

Don't worry about it. I live in a low class society that doesn't recognize the fundimentals of music. Besides, it strikes me as a great lesson which teaches the sophistication and behavior of some in the 'big big world'. I'll have to deal with people like this for the rest of my life, since music and art will be my majors. So, I'm good. :)

…But I'm not going to live where I do now (which I admit is a definate hell) so… yeah.

EDIT:AH! I found my proudest moment in life. This surprisingly happened in elementary school. I was the weird quiet girl that never said her opinion in anything. There was a boy I had a baby crush on for that year (which will never be discussed ever again) and another kid was insulting him, so I stood up for him. The whole class realized this, and started cheering my name. Yes, the most triumphant part of life happened in grade school, but what can you say? I gained the respect of people that thought I was a downright wuss.

Too bad the boy I had a crush on is now a dumbass jock that won't shut the hell up in my health class. When will he shut the hell up?

And thus concludes my proud moment.

jissai
jissai
Posted at

highest:
getting a childfrens book published.

lowest:

suddently finding myself groping the boobs of a bully i hated in middle school.
( hey! her boobs attacked my hands first!)

lba
lba
Posted at

My highest would be the moment I walked off the plane in Japan during my junior year of highschool. I worked my ass off for 7 months at minimum wage (6.50) to get the $4,000 and the b+ average I needed to go.

My lowest point was after being left by my fiance for another guy. When I was younger I had a drinking problem. When I quit drinking I swore I'd never drink again. I got so drunk after she told me she'd cheated on me and left me for him that I wound up waking up at a friend's house in Chicago 270 miles from my home without being able to remember how I'd got there. Sitting here now a couple weeks later its probably one of the dumbest things I ever did.

About the only good part was that I found out that somebody else took me there when they realized how set I was on seeing her (my friend) and I didn't drive myself.

Randal
Randal
Posted at

highest:
getting a childfrens book published.

cool. I've been working on one of those, off and on.

lowest:
suddently finding myself groping the boobs of a bully i hated in middle school.
( hey! her boobs attacked my hands first!)

I'm going to assume it was a drunken fight thing* and not a drunken sex thing. ;)

(*unless it took place DURRING middle school… then I'd have to nix the inebriation.)

Posted at

Proudest Moment:

Hard to choose… but I guess it was when I was finally accepted into NAU during my senior year.

Least Proudest Moment:

Not sure… maybe when I told some dude I didn't care that he lost his aunt (or something) in 9/11…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.