Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Kyhan
Kyhan
Posted at

Aelfric turns at the question. He smiles, and his face returns to normal. "I was hoping you would ask that…"

He lifts his right sleeve, and shows her the birthmark on his hand. "This, is the mark of Caine. The mark God himself put on me. It gave me immortality. Later, Lilith gave me a curse… the curse of early vampirism."

He steps closer. "But, I am no normal vampire. I gained power beyond them. I am able to go in daylight, I cannot die of decapitation, I have access to magic no vampire can use, and I can spread normal vampirism and the abilities of Retsnom separately."

He stands up straight, "What is a Retsnom? Retsnom is what word Tor's mother called him when he was young. Retsnom is Monster backwards. Retsnom is what Tor's primal instinct personified calls itself. The legend of the Retsnom is a legend I started a long time ago; a legend of a beast that attacks whole cities. It has an unquenchable thirst for blood, and is Caine, the first vampire. I was also the only person to survive the attack,but I disappeared before I was photographed. The beast, which anyone would refer to as the Legendary Retsnom is my true form. Did you happen to see me earlier? I looked like a giant bat?"

He steps forward, "Well, Tor is one too. He had that form Dromant in himself, but doesn't know. If he were to call out to Lilith, his arms in the sky, 'I will make the deal,' she shall appear. It happened to me. She gives the weak Retsnom new powers."

He smiles, "The most useful is the lack of a need for blood… But that one comes with a price. It comes with an unquenchable thirst for blood, despite the lack of a need. Thus, the person is thrust into a blood lust for as long as they live. You metaphorically lose your soul in the process. That is why I am the way I am, and why my eyes are so red."

"Tor, however, is weak. His mother diluted my powers. He cannot use all magic, and he needs blood. He also has 'morals.' He cannot transform either. BUT if he were to bite another vampire, the vampire would become a Retsnom at his level. They, however, can make the deal. I can turn vampires and turn humans to Retsnom. My saliva alone makes a normal vampire at the strength saliva and blood would make a vampire, but if my blood is given as well, they become a retsnom. They are easily identified by four fangs."

He turns. Suddenly, he grows his skin turns a light gray, and spikes burst from all parts of his body. Wings burst from his shoulders. His clothes tear to shreds, and reveal a lack of genitalia. He turns. "THIS IS THE TRUE FORM…" He says, before returning to normal, fully clothed, and smiling.

"I can give you the power if you ever want… Just call to me, and you will be one of us in a second…" He pauses, "But there's a catch. Lilith's curse… There's only a .000000000007% chance of survival. There's a larger chance that Tor will defeat me as I we are now."

He smiles, "Don't worry. At his current strength, he's just a normal vampire. He won't try to kill himself, so he won't find out on his own for a loooooong time. I mean, he just recently accepted he's a vampire. Around 120 years ago.

"I know all this because I watch your group, and because I am one. I know more about you than you know… Let's just say I've watched you before Tor had, and changed my goal after he met you…"

Aelfric looks around. "Well… I think I must be off…" He turns to Amila. "Don't forget that offer… I may need a new birth mother if Alexander fails me…"

—————————

Suddenly, there's a flash. the room seems discolored for a second. The next thing Amila knows, she's sitting where she was before Aelfric entered. There is blood smeared on her palm in the shape of the Mark of Caine.

"Are you alright? You seemed out of it…" Tor says. He's half out the door, and closes it as he returns into the room.

If only he had looked out, he would see Aelfric slowly exiting through the staircase, humming a light tune.

Nocturnus
Nocturnus
Posted at

Amila listens, barly accepting any of the information, but she can't keep her eyes off his face, until he suddenly changes into a monster. Amila falls back into a corner, cowering in fear. Suddenly, she back into the room. Amila now freaks, looking at the warm stain of blood on her palm. She stumbles up, ignoring the protest from her body. She starts to breath quickly, never letting her eyes off the blood staining her hand. Amila wipes her hands against the wall, removing the stain from her hand, but she can still feel it there. She looks to Tor with wide, fearful eyes and can't stop shaking.

"Cain…cain…he's back!" She says, her eyes reeling about the room in search of him. Amila collasps in a sobbing heap on the floor, crying uncontrollably.

Kyhan
Kyhan
Posted at

Tor looks at her confused. "Caine? Caine from my story?" Tor looks at her as if she's insane. "You were just sitting here staring into space… I think you're letting you're imagination get the best of you…"

He sits back. "Just calm down." He puts his hand on her shoulder. She's warm. He puts his hand on her forehead. "Do you have a fever? You're sweating."

Dark Ange1
Dark Ange1
Posted at

Drake gasped, his eyes sprang open. He dove forwards moments before a huge slab roared over his head. Drake tumbled forwards, turning swiftly to look at his aggressor.
"Memnoch!" Drake choked out, his voice soaked with pain. All his wounds had re-opened as he rolled, dripping black oil from the holes in his clothes. Memnoch effortlessly swung his zanbato onto his shoulder, barely straining despite the size of the huge sword.
"As wily as ever, Drake. Glad to see you remember all our games." Smiled Memnoch. Memnoch's sword began to fall from his shoulder, before his body suddenly blurred. Drake dove flat. Menoch's zanbato flew overhead in a backwards sweep. "heh." Drake started to crawl forwards, but Memnoch slammed his sword into the floor, sending sharps of stone everywhere and forcing Drake to roll to one side.
"I'm not going back, Memnoch!" Sheathing his sword on his back, Memnoch laughed.
"You couldn't stop me if i was taking you. No, Our clan has dissolved, Janus got whacked. Melchior sent me to check if your doing fine on your own" He pulled Drake up to his feet. Using his hand he ruffled Drake's dark hair. "Just you and me little brother…

(P.s nearly finished my comics preview page)

Nocturnus
Nocturnus
Posted at

Amila cringes when Tor touches her, she pulls away from him quickly, crossing to the other side of the room, rummaging around in her backpack to find her small bible. She sits with her back to him, letting the page open randomly. She starts to read the words, but they fail to settle in her mind, dissolving away into nothingness. She searches for a while, until finding the passage of the death od Abel. Amila traces a few lines with a shaky hand, indeed finding the monster's story feasible, to a level. She manages to dry her eyes, choosing not to speak of what had just happened.

"I-I going to go upstairs for a while." Amila suddenly says, closing her bible and leaving the room quickly. The rattle of her feet echo away from Tor, leaving him alone.

Amile breathes in the open air of the rooftop gratefully, gluping it in as if it were her last ever. She tries to make sesne of the demon. It must be a vampire messing with her mind or something, she finally decides. Amila then instantly regrets leaving Tor's company, the feeling of isolation setting in. And yet, she can't go back down to sit with him. Her hand goes to the small gun, and she contemplates s the idea of suicide. But it would be a sin, and that would send her straight to hell, not matter the reason for the suicide. Amila feels trapped by her faith which had once given her so much comfort. She suddenly rips the small golden cross from around her neck, holding it out in her hand. With a frustrated cry, she throws it out into the city, the small 'chink' of metal landing no so far from Drake's feet….

Kyhan
Kyhan
Posted at

(wow… long break…)

Tor sits in the room, alone. There was something wrong. Did she have a vision? An out of body experience? That was the most logical explination. Tor steps from his spot, but suddenly, as if something influcted it upon him, he begins to stumble drowsily. He gets hsi hand on the door know, and falls down, tearing it from the wooden doorway. His vision dulls and suddenly, he falls unconscieus.

Dark Ange1
Dark Ange1
Posted at

The cross hit the roof with a small "clunk" before scraping to a halt on the old rooftops. Drake pushed Memnoch off playfully, Memnoch laughed, swinging his sword lazily. Drake ducked, then fell forwards, turning dodge the into a drunken roll. He picked up Amila's cross, examining it while Memnoch rested his elbow on the hilt of his sword. Turning it over in the palm of his hand, examining every one of its sides. Drake turned his head, the breeze sweeping his hair back. Spying the window that he suspected the cross had flown from and hearing Amila's cry, he waved to Memnoch.
"I'm going now, you okay to stay in the city just for now?" Memnoch smiled, beaming his fangs.
"I'm sure, i will find something to do , li'l brother" Drake scowled
"stop calling me that!" but he was already bouncing and leaping over the rooftops. Sighing, Drake bounded over to Amila's window. He landed swayingly on the window sill, he still hadn't regained all of his strength from earlier, he stopped for a minute hacking and coughing, gazing down at his hand he saw his real red blood dripping down. He wiped it on his leg. Poking his head in while standing on the window sill, he asked "You okay Amila? you dropped this." holding out the small golden cross by its chain.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.