Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Comment, criticise, bitch, moan...whatever you want.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

As long as it's (generally) about the comic. Go nuts. Let me have it!

Posted at

Nice going making all these topics for me XD
I feel honoured…
Though I was just trying to make helpful suggestions so other people might want to post too ;3

The only criticism I have is the layout of the comic .. I don't like the buttons much.
If you have spare time, EVEN after you've done the comic, then if you made some graphical buttons for the links then that'd be cool. Then gradually make more graphics to give more of a ye olde feel for the place.

I know I havn't done any of the sort, but I think it would be wasted effort on my part right now.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

How exactly do you mean? Which buttons/links in specific? I mean, the next/prev buttons are all custom, the forumbutton is custom, the 'read these' banner is custom…Basically everything is custom…I'm kinda missing what you mean here…

Posted at

Graphical as opposed to textual

like i dunno.. swords and shit.

the text buttons and stuff just look a bit bland :nervous:

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

I'll see what I can do, mate, I've actually been thinking about that myself.

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

here's my critique of the comic, i think you really got graphics down, i love some of the body language, and it isn't some of the typical sprite bullshit of sonic, pokemon, etc. you also have gotten better at story telling but i think you need work on pace. i think you thrown in a lot of characters without talking time to develop some of the ones you have. arthur had a great moment with neo's body, that really defined him, but other than that there isn't always a lot. i liked the flash back of the battle sequence, that helped establish their relationship. all the same, you thrown in some characters and kill off some before we really know them. i think at times more in between comics could work explain where the dwarves came from, or some more information on the children.
i focus a lot more on your writing because the sprites work pretty well. but i think you can work on slowing down parts, pacing, and character development.
but overall i enjoy it, nice work.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

That was actually very helpful. I already have an idea of where to go with the kids, and I'm also working on a story involving the dwarves, so you're definately going to get some answers.
As for pace, I know I geta bit excited at times, but I think that, compare to the first few comics, I've already slowed down quite a bit. Since I'm trying to make every comic as interesting as the one before, sometimes slow pacing doesn't quite get there…but I'm working on it.
Thanks for the advice!

Posted at

hey uh.. when I click on the links to other comics from your pages, it gives me stuff like
http://www.drunkduck.com/index.php?notfound=%2Fcomics%2Fc%2Fcomics%2Fl%2Flife_as_told_by_rutger%2F

I think it might be to do with your coding, not entirely sure, but links on other people's comics seem to work.
just giving a heads up.
oh btw, i'm using firefox…

ALSO note, that it is only links to other COMICS, profiles etc work fine
and that it's only certain comics.

aargghgghghghghg maybe it's only certain comics that don't like being linked by people.
I don't know I'm confused ;___;

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Imma check it out…weird

-edit

Fixed. I use firefox too, the comic links work for me now.

Rutger
Rutger
Posted at

Now, let's primp up the look a bit, shall we?

Posted at

That was AWESOME aliteration you made in your comment on my comic Rutger :O

ShadowDion
ShadowDion
Posted at

rutger, these latest comics not only represent crude work, but also poor writing. it seems your early work was much stronger than this. will this be the new direction you are taking the comic? these 'guest comics' as you call them are terrible and not up to par.
i expect much better…

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.