Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Snowhunter
Snowhunter
Posted at

Many people like the one you have described (Junlocks and Anochee) that are made up of many tribes often have some kind of visual signal that they are part of one tribe or another, like standard, tatoos, hair styles or color, bead decorations, or even a specific type of cloth. The scottish clans all had their own unique pattern of plaid. Native American tribe had many ways of showing their tribal affiliation.

Do the tribe among your peoples show the same sort of labeling?

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The Junlocks wear variously patterned trousers when they go to war to denote their tribal affiliations (the ones in the story so far are bandits and thugs from various tribes, so lack any type of uniformity to their trousers.)

I hadn't honestly considered this issues for the Ano-Chee, though they do wear a lot of war paint, when they go to fight, so that would most likely be the main way to tell each tribe apart.

I also haven't considered this for the Onrapa, but again it is pretty self explanatory. Since they are celtic in style, they will have various colours of tartan that denote their different groups.

(Those last two I am deciding on as I am typing, but I think they follow on pretty logically. I cant always have every detail of Harkovast planned out but I like to think the setting is robust enough that I can easily extrapolate logical answers!)

Snowhunter
Snowhunter
Posted at

I didn't expect you to have every little facet and detail of the world created already. I was just asking to see how far you had gotten in your planning. It is good to have a background to build from. Anyway, this is what the forum is for, feedback and questions that lead to world building right?

I personally have problems with doing things backwards. I start with the details and then try to work back to the cultural base. It's more difficult this way and often leads to contradictions. it will take me quite a bit longer to figure out my worlds cultures and political boundaries.

I think your setting has alot to offer. Once the readers get enough information about the world and the races they may be able to figure out some of these answers on their own. I guess once the story line gets into some of the other countries you will be able to show off more of the work that you have done.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

As you should all have guessed, we are going to see a lot of the Tsung-Dao in the immediate future, but after that we will get more of the Nymus, Zadakine and the Darsai, among others.

Ooooh I can't wait!

Posted at

So,the West is overseas then?
That means that Nameless travel by ships,but where do the ships land?
In the beginning of Harkovast there was a war between Darsai and Nameless on the land,so that would mean that Nameless ships landed on the shors of Darsai Kingdom.
It would be more logical that Darsai would first send their navy to make sure Nameless don't land in their Kingdom in the first place.
Unless ofcourse,despite the Darsai defence,few Nameless ships with remaining army managed to land.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

The West is indeed over seas.
Getting ships to land is easier with the low technology level of Harkovast, since there isn't really anyway to detect approaching vessels except to spot them visually.
Also, just as the armies that comes from the West are vast enough to threaten all of Vellastrom, their naval forces are almost hugely numerous.
They are made doubly dangerous when commanded by The Mariner, The Evil of Water, possibly the greatest navel commander Harkovast has ever seen.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.