Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Something wrong with this

Posted at

Okay, so I'm a night owl, and like all my fellow late-nighters I tend to watch infomercials. Has anyone else seen this one: "Your Baby Can Read"? Now I don't know about you, but a 9 month old hammering out flash cards is just creepy. Village of the Damned level of creepy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dR12UAq0rys

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

No two ways about it, that is a devil child!
I am 28 and I still cant read that well! He must have satanic smarts!

D_Dude
D_Dude
Posted at

I suspect that the baby is not actually reading, but have just been taught how to act when seeing the card in question. I might be wrong but in my experience, nine-month old babies can't do much of anything except sleep and poop.

taltamir
taltamir
Posted at

you are right… a person needs to be speaking before they can comprehend reading.
The baby has just memorized the general shape of the entire word and what body part to point at…

For all we know, she might think "hand" is actually "finger" or "nail" and "teeth" is actually "mouth" or "lips".

The proper way to teach reading is to teach someone the alphabet and what sound each letter / letter pair does and let them practice.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.