Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Perhaps for those looking to get involved, but don't have a signature character to introduce (such as myself), a "recommended reading" list could be developed as a/in one of the sticky threads? You know, so the writer can get a feel for the character, but not have to dig to deep into the archives?

(1) Heroes Unite, Shell, Energize: Hunted (primary stage: HU background & continuity)
(2) Retake/Relik, Bombshell, Vora, The Impractical Mr Imp, Comet Kid, Peligroso, Blue Jay, Dr Destiny / Tales From Doleo (secondary stage: HA team members)
(3) The Flea, Shadow Fox, Wireless, Acrobat, Stunt Double, Being normal is a full time job, BiOcular, The Legends (tertiary stage: possible future HA members and/or guest characters)
(4) Azumorph / Oz Stars, Virtus, The Broken/Karabear Comics Unlimited (quaternary stage: comics with no pages yet and comics where potential HA characters have yet to appear)

Please also note the timeline that should list all relevant stories.

What do you think about this list? Anything to add?

Posted at

I recommend these all the time :D

Posted at

To a lesser extent: Fearless because Titan's on the last page of the most recent chapter, though little has been revealed on where that's headed right now.

Posted at

From what I remember, the Hunted storyline picks up one year after Energize was declared wanted by the state. If I got Nepath's intention right, Titan's HA adventures take place within that year. We should probably ask Nepath if there's anything to keep in mind though.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

You're right - from my point of view the events of Heroes Unite, Heroes Alliance and Fearless take place within the 1 year period that I have jumped Energize ahead.

The reason I did that was so I could roll Fearless and Heroes Unite into the Energize continuity ongoing and the 1 year leap gives me that clean break.

As for what happens with Titan and her HA adventures within that time? Over to you!

Posted at

Will she suffer extensive psychological trauma from her peers or a supervillain? Fall in love doomed to failure? The possibilities are endless… Or well, extensive! XD

Posted at

As soon as DD stops being wonky, I'll be putting up some comics for Peligroso, all horribly drawn by me :D

Update: http://www.drunkduck.com/Peligroso/ hurray it finally let me put it up, and the first chapter will be up in no time :)

Hero
Hero
Posted at

You could add Comet Kid's comic to the list, I suppose.

Posted at

I have a question, how many pages do we have to have up before we move from the Quad to the tertiary stage?

Posted at

Just a few, really. But they have to be comic pages - Something that remotely resembles a story :P

I'm redoing the pages I had put up, trying to make it look good now :P cause I drew an awesome sketch and I got Pride now hahah

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

New subject: I think we should start developing a timeline to determine when and where all the different events and storylines take place. So far I can determine that Energize: Hunted takes place a year after nearly everything else, but I'm not completely sure about everything else.

Posted at

I've been thinking off opening a topic for season and chapter downbreaks with spoiler warnings once every story has finished it's run, describing events in broad strokes. Don't know what Joachim might think off that though, so we'll wait and see what he thinks.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

I think we should start developing a timeline to determine when and where all the different events and storylines take place. So far I can determine that Energize: Hunted takes place a year after nearly everything else, but I'm not completely sure about everything else.
Hey, great minds think alike :D I was thinking the same thing the other day. We definitely have to do this.

I've been thinking of opening a topic for season and chapter breakdowns (sorry, I just had to go and change this around :P) with spoiler warnings once every story has finished it's run, describing events in broad strokes.
I actually made one on google wave, so only a select few could have access. I wouldn't want anybody to find out what's going to happen just by clicking on the forum link on the comic. But for some reason, we've only ever been three people on google wave… the question is, should we make a thread with very limited info? Would that help us? Or should I copy and paste what I wrote on google wave? Or maybe we could even combine that with the timeline thread suggested by AzuJOD above? Like a "HU/HA universe" thread with all relevant stories ordered chronologically?
As far as I understand you're suggesting we only do this for each chapter which have run their course, right? But then, opening such a thread would be very far in the future, wouldn't it?

EDIT:
Oh, what the heck, I just opened the thread here. Let's discuss anything pertaining to that over there.

Posted at

Well d'uh! That's why I responded to Azu's comment, to see if the ideas could be combined. And downbreaks is totally a real word somewhere in the Internet jungle. XD

And why do I, the co-story editor, get left out just cause I pretty much never go onto Google Wave? There's never anyone there when I'm in. XD

Not that any of this matters when you've already opened the thread. ^_^

EDIT: Could we also remove Virtus from the Recommended Reading list?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

And why do I, the co-story editor, get left out just cause I pretty much never go onto Google Wave? There's never anyone there when I'm in. XD
Hey, it's pretty much like a forum, right? So I can't see why people should have to be logged in at the same time. And I saw your name on the invitee list… you could just have posted away :3

EDIT: Could we also remove Virtus from the Recommended Reading list?
Because… you're never going to start updating it…? Anyway, done.

Posted at

Because… you're never going to start updating it…? Anyway, done.

Ouch pal. Cold. No, because when I do start it, I do feel it's easier not to mistake it for HA/HU canon if it's not on the recommended reading list. Also, the first thing I will do when I update, is to remove the HA teaser. Call it pride, but I really don't want something I haven't done as the first page for longer than necessary.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

No, I completely understand. And rest assured, I meant no harm, I just couldn't think of a reason why you'd want the link removed. But again, I understand… NOW :P

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

My characters of Split and Protean will be appearing in The Broken, which I have devised as a community art project (like Relik in a way, but also with its own quirk that may be too disjointed–I need to iron out how to explain it and put that on the front page of the comic). It doesn't take place in the Heroes Unite/Alliance universe, but the script in which I will introduce them to the universe will explain this (I'm writing it right now).

And Sparkle and Astral will appear in Karabear Comics Unlimited, though will not be the primary feature–in part because the comic is designed to be an anthology. I'm ironing out the first script to this comic and then will officially announce the comic as a community art project (this one a lot more like how Relik is doing it). But Sparkle and Astral will not appear in the first few scripts, as I have a storyline for a bit that ties into my superhero universe (thes issues featuring Tempore, a character I submitted to Heroes Unite but was never used), and then I want to explore a character I created for the anthology before moving onto Sparkle and Astral, as well as another character I created a while ago and would love to sink my teeth into (but was created for another comic project I never actually followed through with–I may try again).

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.