Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
Hero
Hero
Posted at

I would love to draw and supply Comet Kid for part of the acceptance speech.

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

@AzuJOD: Feel free to write something up for Azumorph, if you have an idea. And I'm adding JOD & Kaine to the list in my first post in this thread.

Regarding the acceptance speech:

I think I'll draw something for the acceptance speech too, I'm just not sure yet what :D But if anyone feels like using Bombshell (ooooh), go ahead :D

Up for grabs:
Azumorph
Peligroso
Bombshell

In progress:
Comet Kid acceptance speech (done by Hero)

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I suppose I could write something about how this project has brought people from all around the world together (or something like that)

Posted at

Are we talking about individual panel per artist type of thing?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Are we talking about individual panel per artist type of thing?
Well, at least that's what I thought. If you've got a better idea, let's hear it ^_^

Posted at

Another writer would have to take this one on, but here's a Chapter Break story idea for some of the characters we've not seen yet:

Heroes: Kain the White Shadow, The Roof-Rat, Shadow Fox, BiOcular

The heroes are on a mission to infiltrate a newly discovered hostile data storage facility.

Kain, Roof-Rat, and Shadow Fox will lead the perimeter breach to get BiOcular inside with stealth. They take out a few guards and the security room. BiOcular suddenly understands why he was chosen to be part of the mission when they get into the supercomputer room… the sizeable computer has multiple screens and a whole lot of files. With the supercomputer having no data transfer/download ports and no outside connectivity (for data control/security), Andi with the help of his brothers (the eyes) will have to rummage through the files to find and delete a certain document that could essentially compromise the location of HA's headquarters. Kain, Roof-Rat, and Shadow Fox fend off guards when the alarm goes off to buy BiOcular more time. Once the task is completed, the heroes escape to the roof where they are extracted.

A longer version would have some type of boss to defeat, as in one of the villains already offered up in the villains thread.

Posted at

I think Abt has a good idea there. We should probably have Amalgam folded into HA via an HA story rather than a free-standing origin. For example, what if he was a major target to create an Anti-Amalgam, but something goes totally wrong thanks to the eight personas within him in addition to his own, reacting to the process…? Just throwing it onto the table there.

Sounds interesting, but my plans were for Amalgam's death (he no longer has the ability to fly in mid-flight, plumetting to his death), was set to be the first big sign that tips off the HA that something is wrong. But I'll see what I can sneak in to 'The Psychosis Wave' or something first…maybe the anti-Amalgam could be the prototype or something…

Dave

Posted at

Are we doing a Halloween chapter break? Even a two-pager thing would probably be cool. I kinda remember someone mentioning the possibility of that, and the winding down of HA#2 seems to go right along with the timing of it all.

Abt - If I somehow come up with something in the next week, you think we can slip it in there after HA#2 or do you have something else in mind?

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Are we doing a Halloween chapter break? Even a two-pager thing would probably be cool. I kinda remember someone mentioning the possibility of that, and the winding down of HA#2 seems to go right along with the timing of it all.

Abt - If I somehow come up with something in the next week, you think we can slip it in there after HA#2 or do you have something else in mind?
We could totally do that. With the current status of (un)finished pages, delaying HA#3 for a week or two might not be a bad idea anyway…

Posted at

Okay. I have an idea. I might slip in a teaser appearance to set up a part of HA#3 (though it won't have any direct relation to #3 exactly). 2-3 pages and cover. I need to ask for permission from creators though.

Story summary: Some Halloween party goers who happened to be headed home late, find themselves being hunted by something that's definitely not normal. A hero saves the day… err… night. Nothing complicated.

Posted at

Great incentive, Fuku! You have my blessing. ^^

How about a little extra in-between HA#2 and #3 break with a "Night of the Living Pages" with my original sketches for the pages that we're reassigned after my computer gave up? The finished ones are lost forever, but I think I still have the sketches around here somewhere. To spruce up the crude thing, I could add a few blood brush strokes to give it a Halloween feel.

Anything to delay HA#3 a bit further. XD

Posted at

Okay. I have an idea. I might slip in a teaser appearance to set up a part of HA#3 (though it won't have any direct relation to #3 exactly). 2-3 pages and cover. I need to ask for permission from creators though.

Story summary: Some Halloween party goers who happened to be headed home late, find themselves being hunted by something that's definitely not normal. A hero saves the day… err… night. Nothing complicated.

Sounds very cool

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

I could do an origin of Wireless story based on the Canadian Meta Human Crisis. You know "Canada, a country up in arms against those that the rest of the world consider heroes. Kyle Canton, gained powers after a freak accident, though only a child he chose to fight and try to save the country he loves" or something like that, though I'm going to wait till after I finish reposting Wireless Chapter 1 and may even wait till part way through Wireless Chapter 3 as that's when the country goes downhill fast

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Sure, that would be great! It's best to post the origin stories before the characters appear on HA. That hasn't always been working out so far, but let's strive for that :P

Posted at

Any report on the JOD or Kaine stuff? if he needs art, I might be able to do the origin stuff.

Macattack
Macattack
Posted at

Aye aye. In that case I may work on that comic today… it'll probably just be a one pager or one page and a character description page like Shell had. And I have nothing against doing the artwork myself…. unless some better artist would like to volunteer =D

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Take your time. Wireless won't appear before HA #5, so it will take a few months.

Any report on the JOD or Kaine stuff? if he needs art, I might be able to do the origin stuff.
I don't know. AzuJOD told me that anyone who's interested should send him a PQ. :-)

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

I don't know. AzuJOD told me that anyone who's interested should send him a PQ. :-)

I haven't gotten any replies yet. I'm willing to wait a few more days. You can repost my request in the newspost of next page update if I don't get any replies by then.

Posted at

I haven't gotten any replies yet. I'm willing to wait a few more days. You can repost my request in the newspost of next page update if I don't get any replies by then.

I did sent a PQ to him, weird that it didn't go.

Posted at

Hey guys, sorry about the inactivity Ive had a lot on my plate recently.

But I do have a pitch for an idea, we should make one of these:

I think it will help anyone who only wants a quick summary of the characters and even the "HU Universe" as a whole rather than waiting for everyone's origin stories to be drawn and written.

This would only require a single image of the characters with profile details in a easy to read format, plus in the handbook we can explain things that aren't explained to people who have never read other in-continuity like Shades or HU Adventures. Plus it can attract people into reading other comics in the continuity if we do all the characters.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.