Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Hmmm, Nepath is active? I was asking about Evosians a while eariler and didnt get a repaly.
Odd…

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

I dunno how active he is, but he did reply.  I guess there's nothing wrong with posting the whole message - there's nothing too secret squirrel in it:
Nepath at 4:44AM, April 18, 2013
More than happy for you to go ahead with your idea. Quinn and Saroth were considered royalty and so that was why they had that connection to the Energize. Evosians had become superhuman to various degrees, some where up there with Exocet (although very few) others were on a par with humans. Choice is pretty much open to you really. In my mind, level of strength was determined by the intelligence of the character. Hope this helps and sorry for the late reply, very busy at the moment. Thanks

JimHarbor wrote:
Hmmm, Nepath is active? I was asking about Evosians a while eariler and didnt get a repaly.
Odd…

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

II have been wondering why nobody has been contributing to my role-playing thread on the boards (besides the one post).  Is it a lack of communication on my part or something like that?  Of course, people could simply be busy with drawing their pages.  But I can't keep it going without getting others' characters involved, and that either means writing for them or people jumping in to write their characters in.  I prefer the latter, since it's why I started the thing.

On other story notes, I just wanted to touch base on what I wanted to get done: I have a small story featuring three HA members bouncing around in my head, as well as the vestigal ideas of one featuring four of them.  Bigger stories I have been contemplating are the teens' day out I suggested before (I have some fun scenes envisioned for it) as well as how to finish Energize: Stormfront, which Nepath did say could be turned into a Heroes Alliance story (and I'd suggested it in part because great artwork put into it shouldn't go to waste, and the teaser of old Nemesis at the end of Hunted needs to fully pay off, as well as paying off the Saroth mini-series).

But the Stormfront thing could be a communal writing effort, too.  Thing is, I have a specific idea how my characters could be used, but other characters are completely open to interpretation–and my characters would not be the ones to beat Stormfront (at least by themselves).  If people are interested in boincing ideas around for such a thing, we can PQ each other, or find a better communication method (because PQs suck) that won't spoil for the others on here.  I'd think such a story would be part of Season 2, of course, since Season 1 is all scheduled now, but it's one I feel needs to be told.

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Odd, I just wanted to know a bit about Evosians to see if it would be in character for a Starcrossed style invasion of Earth.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

The page at http://www.drunkduck.com/Energize/5087552/ says "After a millennium of wars that saw the house of the Energize rise to power [the Evosians] were able to enjoy generations of peace and tranquility", so it would take a fair bit to rouse them to war.  However it also says "a time long ago, on a world so distant from me now" so it's possible that, since then, the house of Energize has fallen and the Evosians have returned to their warlike ways (and Saroth was a soldier, so they obviously still had a military).  Hmm, one wonders what terrible impact the Black Dawn had on the Energize entity might have had on The Highborn, too…
P.S. By "Starcrossed" are you referring to the JLU storyline or something else?

JimHarbor wrote:
Odd, I just wanted to know a bit about Evosians to see if it would be in character for a Starcrossed style invasion of Earth.

JimHarbor
JimHarbor
Posted at

Yeah the JLU one,
thought it'd be a nice story given Exocet and Wireless.

Though given how sparse things are…
I mean I've written basically all the stories I think I could ever do for the HUniverse. so all that's left is to devlop them you know? 

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Story concept: The Unformed

One day, millions of alien pods drop from the sky. They initially do nothing except passively resist attempts to move or destroy them.  But they are recording the thoughts and desires of those around them and, around a week later, they take on the forum and abilities of whatever the person they locked onto has most been thinking about. 

The story possibilities of this are obvious: results can vary from beneficial to awkward to devastating depending on what people have been thinking about.

I haven't decided on an origin or intended purpose for the pod drop. I suspect that is best left open from be addressed in future adventures. It could be anything from a gift to an experiment to precursor to an invasion. 

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.
As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale and Series 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

ironhand wrote:Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.**As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale and Series 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Question: how do you want to have it written? I was going to start it in the patients Dream. Make it start out looking normal so that the reader thinks it's real. Half way through kill off a major character. That would have the reader like "for real?". Just a thought. I would go crazy and make it look like life changing plot in the dream world. Something to keep the reader on edge.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

cdmalcolm1 wrote:
ironhand wrote:
Standalone Story: Dreamspace

The team are contacted by a wealthy Doctor (of sorts) who explains he has several patients who have been dreaming the exact same dreams, and are somehow getting wounds without touch (he believes it to be their dreams.) The only way to save the patients is for the team to enter the dream themselves…this opens up some pretty awesome visuals as we play with panels and backgrounds and alsorts. The team confront the problem within the dream, saving the patients and waking everyone up. I have in mind a new twist-ending that I won't share here just so it doesn't spoil the ending.
As I'm pretty busy working on New Guard and already some elements in the Series finale and Series 2, I may not be able to write this story…hence why I'm posting it here. If anyone wants to have a go at writing it, please do contact me first and ask as I still might be able to write the issue myself.

That sounds like an awesome idea. Question: how do you want to have it written? I was going to start it in the patients Dream. Make it start out looking normal so that the reader thinks it's real. Half way through kill off a major character. That would have the reader like "for real?". Just a thought. I would go crazy and make it look like life changing plot in the dream world. Something to keep the reader on edge.
I imagined it as quite a straight-forward story that is more about the visuals than the other way around this time. So most likely lay the cards on the table rather than confusing the audience at the beginning. If I were writing: i'd have the team enter, find out what's being going off with their patients and then enter the dreamspace, solve whatevers going on in there, slightly-twist ending, then end the story. Are you interested in taking this up as a script, then? If so, I could run you by more focussed parts of the story rather than just the brief here.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

irrevenant wrote:Story concept: The UnformedOne day, millions of alien pods drop from the sky. They initially do nothing except passively resist attempts to move or destroy them.  But they are recording the thoughts and desires of those around them and, around a week later, they take on the forum and abilities of whatever the person they locked onto has most been thinking about. The story possibilities of this are obvious: results can vary from beneficial to awkward to devastating depending on what people have been thinking about.I haven't decided on an origin or intended purpose for the pod drop. I suspect that is best left open from be addressed in future adventures. It could be anything from a gift to an experiment to precursor to an invasion. 

I love this invasion Idea. What I would tell would be that after the defeat of most pod people, that is if they pose a threat, was to keep a few a live. Why would I do that? Just imagine a carbon copy of you hero and they so rightfully desire the passion as your hero. I would love to read that issue. Plus, I would make the pod ppl a mirror opposite as far as looks goes. Or imagine that your Heroes copy want to retire and be their own person? Or they just become a bad version of your hero.

Like you said, many opportunities.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.