Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer
The Webcomic Review Forum for the Webcomic Review Comic on the Web
Posted at

Ugh, I remember trying to read Mob Ties some time last year. It's one of those comics that I really did want to try and like, but I just couldn't. Admitedlly, I didn't notice the constant under age fan service, but rather I was irritated by the art and the story as I recall. Nothing seems to happen, there was no real humor, so I don't think I made it past the first hundred pages or so.

Unfortunately, this is a rather popular comic, and a quick glance at there comments seems to show that your about to find your self up against some fans who are more hardcore than Mildly Mundane's.

Hey now, at least the fans who came on here tried to argue with valid points against Hark and Kev rather than calling them retards (well, most of them anyway).

I can't get round to seeing Mob Ties because my internet is appaling at loading images and can't cope, but Author Ninja's arrogant comment really riled me up. It's one thing to be disappointed with your review (I'm sure a few people here were, even if they knew what was going to happen) and another to sympathy fish with your own fan base from a review you yourself asked for. If you didn't research into the reviewers style then that's your own fault.

Sorry if this seems griping at something thats getting old now, but that attitude really pissed me off.

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

I know the forum flood has eased up but I just wanna make a final comment.

So, thank for the review, sorry about the complaints. Still, it's probably the most views your review comic has ever had.

At first I thought this was the worst reaction I've ever seen (It being boosted by the fan backlash). But after reading this reaction It doesn't seem quite as bad.

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Hey now, at least the fans who came on here tried to argue with valid points against Hark and Kev rather than calling them retards (well, most of them anyway).

I have to agree. Confusedsoul's fans, while clearly angry at the review, were far more reasonable then the Mob Ties crowd.
Indeed, it was enough to prompt me to accept some of the criticism of the review (I believe that we had not given enough credit to her arts improvement).
Compared to this lot, they were perfect gentlemen/ladies!

Blyth everyone loves a forum flood!
I am still 50/50 on whether ed was joking when he put that.
Either way, it crack me up!

Drasnus
Drasnus
Posted at

I know the forum flood has eased up but I just wanna make a final comment.

So, thank for the review, sorry about the complaints. Still, it's probably the most views your review comic has ever had.

At first I thought this was the worst reaction I've ever seen (It being boosted by the fan backlash). But after reading this reaction It doesn't seem quite as bad.
Thankyou for that.

So much.

I bookmarked it. I can't stop laughing.

Author_Ninja's response was pretty disgusting though.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

I really think this forum thread should be made into a movie, the drama! The excitement!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Yeah!
Wait… What?

stinger9
stinger9
Posted at

Ah yes, I remember that part well…

Hark: Mr. FellDownTheStairs, you're trying to seduce me… Aren't you?
Kev: Well, yes. Yes I am.
And then there was a mass orgy. I believe it included a poodle and a 15 year old girl. But I don't think I need to go into too much detail.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

And then there was a mass orgy. I believe it included a poodle and a 15 year old girl. But I don't think I need to go into too much detail.
Wasn't there a swimming pool and three octopi too?

BffSatan
BffSatan
Posted at

Kevin could be played by Ben Affleck and Hark could be played by Robert Downey Junior in a cat suit.

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

Kev is more of a micheal sheen kind of guy…

And Hark of course:

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I am liking this "robert downey junior in a cat costume" idea.
Kroatz that picture was taken when I was suffering a glandular problem!

Byth1
Byth1
Posted at

Hey, am I in the movie? I want the Twilight guy to play as me:

Put some black-face on that and we're in business, lol!

Wow, this thread has more post than all you're other forums combined(those Mob Ties fans are a crazy bunch), The comic's dropped all the way to 7 though(I don't know if I'm happy or sad).

And Kroatz, Kev is more of a Charlie Sheen guy not a Micheal Sheen guy!

Kroatz
Kroatz
Posted at

dwrean
dwrean
Posted at

i loled so hard at kroatz pictures! hark had some REALLY big bones! totally worth scrolling through the bloody battlelines of this forum.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

That's an awesome picture.

God of War
God of War
Posted at

EVERYBODY GET ANGRY AND YELL AT EACH OTHER!!!
RRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Okay. COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Our mobties review must have been pretty kick ass, since it STILL gets more comments on the forum than a review I posted YESTERDAY!

God of War
God of War
Posted at

Our mobties review must have been pretty kick ass, since it STILL gets more comments on the forum than a review I posted YESTERDAY!

That's the power of shitstorm - everybody want to see it, for some reason.
Oh yeah, I almost forgot - KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

I wish I could remember how to lock topics…
Not for this one (don't panic, I like this one) but for the FIGHT 2 one.
The discussion there is so painfully pointless that I want to kill it with fire.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

I wish I could remember how to lock topics…
Not for this one (don't panic, I like this one) but for the FIGHT 2 one.
The discussion there is so painfully pointless that I want to kill it with fire.
I guess you worked it out as it is now locked. I was curious why it was locked and one comment made me chuckle, the one about Neil Gaimen writing League of Extraordinary gentlemen.

Sorry if this starts more shit.

dwrean
dwrean
Posted at

hark, its the same reason people slow down by an accident. you would say 'police' but really all you want to see is twisted metal and to feel good about the scratch in your own paint job.

Canuovea
Canuovea
Posted at

I was surprised to find that this was still active. But oh my goodness is this funny.

And, I've just got to add: Kroatz that picture is absolutely hilarious. Hilarious. I've gotta, I dunno, send that to people!

Who would I be on this? There isn't all that many people who are completely cast in shadow with a big glowey question mark over their face and neck. I hope the answer isn't CGI…

harkovast
harkovast
Posted at

Genejoke I felt that mlai was just too awesome for me to question anymore, so I had to stop the debate.
He had proved himself so intellectually superior I could see no point in trying to oppose his well thought out arguments any more.
I feel a fool for doubting the need for the panty removal scene, it was SOOOO essential to the story and characters.

As for the mob ties thread, I dont ever ever want to let it die!
Best….
thread….
EVER!

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.