Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Bubbles, an Octopus and some fish... what more could you want?

passionfly
passionfly
Posted at

Hi I'm Kate from the UK I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself… Fishsoup is my first ever attempt at a webcomic
or any comic of any sort come to think of it. So to be honest I dont have a clue what I'm doing yet, I would apprectiate any
feedback or constructive criticism anyone can offer. Thanks for reading and
I hope you enjoy. x
fishsoup

AlceX
AlceX
Posted at

So this is your first webcomic? Not bad, not bad at all. Here's some ideas:
- The long conversations are kinda boring. Try simplifying the conversations a bit.
- For some reason, I don't like the Bob's (that's the fish right?) design. I think more than anything, it's the mouth. It's like he has it open all the time in a "O" form. I'd try changing it, but perhaps it's a better idea to be less extreme and first try giving it a closed mode first.
- The background feel a bit bland. I guess it goes with the style of the comic but since it's the main background you constantly reuse I feel like it needs a bit more of detail. A bit more of shading in the plant, some wrinkles on the couch, and perhaps a more complicated texture for the floor and wall.
Hope this helps!

passionfly
passionfly
Posted at

Hi AlceX, thank you for the feedback its really appreciated, Yeah I know the conversation can get a little long in places… kind of reflects me I think, I talk alot in real life to, or so I'm told (when someone else manages to get a word in) …yes I think you might be right on the fish's mouth, I am going to have a rethink on that one. As for the background I have plans for that in a future episode… I kind of left that detail-less on purpose.
Thanks for taking the time :O)

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

It's not bad at all, very polished.  I don't think the amount of dialogue is a problem, but any more than that could put people off.  At the very least it is amusing dialogue and with a strip like that you need it to be.  

passionfly
passionfly
Posted at

Hey Genejoke thanks for the feedback, yesterday was only my first day, today I am going to try and refine the look and the dialogue a little… what I have in mind might work or might not not sure yet. I want to stay true to the style of the strip that I have established though, so I'm not going to go to overboard on changing it.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.