Posted at

Abt_Nihil wrote:
(1) I agree with what the two of you are saying :)

(2) As for individual chapters: I think "Leviathan" would be a nice chapter to have in maybe the first quarter of the season, along with SympleSymon's "Psychosis Wave". And perhaps AzuJOD's JOD story, depending on whether we need to set it up first or can make it self-contained. Also, we should look through the story pitches again and see whether anything particularly lends itself (at least I would have to look, but maybe you remember off the top of your head). Other than that, we'll see who's available to write something. My first priority is still to get people to write what they LIKE to write, not what HA requires them to wrote.

(3) We should really REALLY make sure that in season 2 we can get some of the short stories we've been talking about forever.

(4) As for the overall arc: I agree with the structural things you said. What I'd add is to work out a bit how the arc affects some of the characters, and to remember to write these things into the chapters. My personal preference would be something like: Have a character who goes through some major changes connected to the arc. And have another bunch of characters who are somehow (if only temporarily) affected by it. I.e. what happens should make a personal difference for someone - it shouldn't just be building up a baddie or destroy HQ or something like that.

(5) We'll probably have the RISE story play out over maybe the first half of the season, so it would make sense to have the overall arc be somehow intertwined with it, or be connected to the fallout of the RISE storyline. I have the feeling that RISE won't be significantly affected by what's going to happen in the season 1 climax, so anything substantial must happen in season 2, and preferrably early on. Meaning: HA and RISE will, by their very nature, clash.
I've just sent you an email with a plan me and irrevenent have come up with via email. I agree that we have to somehow move the characters along emotionally and capture their reactions (that is something that will need to be touched on closer to the time, I suspect…it's hard to tell at such an earily stage as we don't particularly know who it would affect)
I also agree it should be about what people want to write. I'm hoping there's enough gaps within the story to give freedom to everyone, even in the issues that might be more central to the season-plot.
I also agree with the short stories. I still want to write one for RISE and me and irrevenent are discussing a Chaos one at the minute. Hopefully one of them can get down before the current issues' end.