Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

Character usage from HA and HU Spinoff's discussion

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

Sorry for the long time before replying, irrevenant. Anyways:

You have Astral and Sparkle listed as Auto when I put them up here as Semi-auto (I believe that's a change from a previous permission I gave). The rest of the characters on the list I wrote are Auto.

The villains who are currently incorrectly listed as heroes are The Judge and Beard of Power (the latter is part of the Hair Pair, so he can just be included there–I know there's three members of the Hair Pair, but I kind of like the misnomer name).

I would also like to mention that the listing that mentions "Karabear characters (Split, Protean, Dragant, Merry Maiden, Just Plum Awesome, Tempore)", should probably be taken down. Those characters aren't part of the HUniverse, and they can muddle things by being listed–and their permissions aren't Auto.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
irrevenant wrote:
Fair enough. I find a true shared universe and consistent character much cleaner too.

Any chance it could be the same Titan character at different points in time? eg. Her adventures with HA are taking place before Energize Unleashed? If it's the same story that you started earlier that's set a fair way into the future anyway, right?

Also can we still consider the Evosians and their offshoots part of the HUniverse? Pretty please? :) As you know, I was planning/hoping to use them for a script. It probably won't happen until 2021 or so, but it would still be nice to publish it eventually.

Thanks.

Of course, use the Evosian angle how you see fit. I may have been a little misleading with my original post. When I said "effective immediately" I meant in terms of future stories to be planned. Anything that is in the pipeline that would have included her is fine, so in a sense making her final appearance here a past version of what I have planned (if anything…..)

Wow, well this puts a real monkey wrench in the second season of Solarcell. I had Titan having a private talk about who solarcell really is. No action of course, just her talking on two pages. In the time line of HA, right after the second season of HA's Invasion arc and into the N'th/Shard era, that's when I used titan…. oh well, I guess I have to make up someone. Sorry to see her go but I'm sure her new ventures will be awesome as she was In HA. Looking forward to it.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

shastab24 wrote:
Sorry to hear that, Nepath, but such is as it is. It will be odd to have HA without Titan, but maybe someone else will take up that spot.

I also realized I never did my permissions in this thread:

Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Sparkle, Permission: Semi-auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Astral, Permission: Semi-auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Noggin, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Technica, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Purple Power, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Herculean, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Locomotive, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Floccinaucinihilipilification, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The Judge, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Bloodblast, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: The 'Stache, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Follicle, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Beard of Power, Permission: Auto
Creator: ShastaB24, Character's name: Brown Terror, Permission: Auto

Some of those characters are ones I've yet to put information on these boards about, but those ones have appeared in my comic as part of the HUniverse. I really should get to getting information up about them.

Of note: I only included HUniverse characters. Some characters of mine appeared in What You Believe but aren't from the universe (Eiderdown, Fractal, Split, The Seraphim, The Gunman). Putting permissions for all my characters could take all day.

Since this is an updated version. Can I used sparkle and astral for Solarcell comic? I already wrote them in and showed the outline to irreverent last year. If you want to see the outline let me know. I'll PQ you. As you already know I have continued the Solarcell comic and is updating every week just so I can get to characters like yours as guest stars. I mean, let's face it, SolarCell would not have exist if it wasn't for HA creators like yourself. So I'm trying to pay tributes to you all by having to see HA universe characters chime in every once in a while. If not just let me know and I'll write them out the script. My apologies to everyone due to the fact that I draw too slow to bring in more guest.

shastab24
shastab24
Posted at

You can use them. And I would like to see the outline, to smooth out any possible inconsistencies.

cdmalcolm1
cdmalcolm1
Posted at

shastab24 wrote:
You can use them. And I would like to see the outline, to smooth out any possible inconsistencies.

No problem PQ me your email and I'll send it to you if that's okay.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Does anyone have contact with Azujod? Neilsama is looking to complete the Fearless comic and it was originally going to feature Azumorph. I see that the character usage states "auto" but Neil would like to double check it is okay. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilsama
Neilsama
Posted at

If anyone sees him, just tell him to check his Private Quacks. I left him a message there.

AzuJOD
AzuJOD
Posted at

*Wakes up* *Yawns* Did someone call me? ;)

Don't worry Neil, I got your message, and I just sent you an e-mail.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Sorry - one more from me. Not even sure if this guy is worth mentioning, but only thought of it as I was doing my latest pages.

Franklin Lawler - HOLD

For those not familiar - he is Natasha Lawlers father and he played an important role in the finale of Energize: Hunted, which carries on into the opening of Energize: Black

Abt_Nihil
Abt_Nihil
Posted at

Whoa!

Lawler will make a brief appearance at the end of the current HA chapter (given that he's ultimately in charge of RISE), which cannot be changed. But I guess he's off the table then for future issues… (or we'd have to add a "this takes place before Energize: Black"-caption.)

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I knew he was your RISE guy and alluded to it in one of my latest pages, but I hoped this wouldn't have a huge impact on Heroes Alliance.

I figured timing difference will cover his planned appearances and after that it gives you a nice little power play opportunity for RISE ;)

Posted at

Nepath wrote:
I knew he was your RISE guy and alluded to it in one of my latest pages, but I hoped this wouldn't have a huge impact on Heroes Alliance.

I figured timing difference will cover his planned appearances and after that it gives you a nice little power play opportunity for RISE ;)

I agree with Nepath on this. What happens when the guy holding the reins is gone? Who's left to try and take hold? Cobalt? Miltia? Or another perhaps even more dangerous general?

It's a great angle to say the least.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

No way would the people funding this shindig allow a criminal, or even an outside contractor (like I believe Militia is) to take charge. Fun as a leadership struggle within RISE would be, what would happen is that the Government would appoint a new commander or try to shut the unit down. Note that I said "try". :) Lots of dramatic potential in that…

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

Nepath wrote:
Nothing to stop an existing hero within HA being selected to "join" Rise to lead them. You could have everyone throw a character in the hat and then decide who works best for you.
Seems unlikely. RISE seems to be the Government's answer to HA - a super team that's under their direct control. I can't see them putting anyone in control who isn't one of theirs.

irrevenant
irrevenant
Posted at

It should be noted that I'm just expressing my opinion. I have no actual clout or anything. xD

Nepath wrote:
Then find a hero that is not part of HA, who liked the HU setup?
It would be your Rick Flag
I think most of the characters who'd be suitable like Exocet or Tazer are out of play.

The other options tend to be civilians like Quantum, The Flea or Blonde Marvel without the necessary background.

Prodigy, H-Bomb and New Form didn't really seem like leader material, but that could actually make for an interesting storyline if one of them were thrown in above their competence level. I know very little about Weaver or Defender. Either of those might be a good fit.

Those are all the ones I can think of.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I'd have to talk to Spudsy, but I reckon he be might up for Tazer in that role. He was keen for Tazer to be a feature of something after his appearance in Energize, and New Guard had a promising idea behind it. Once Ironhand made it clear that the comic was not continuing, he was pulled from it.

I don't think an occasional appearance as a member of HA would cut it, but leader of RISE?

I could have a word with him about it?

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

I mentioned this to Spudsy last night, explaining to him the concept of RISE and he was up for it.

So therefore, if you want to use Tazer as new leader of RISE following Lawlers "termination", then you are free to do so.

ironhand
ironhand
Posted at

I don't see Tazer being the head of R.I.S.E. at all. It's not his MO at all, especially with the knowledge that they have a feud with HA (heroes he has countlessly worked alongside and called friends). Although hearing Tazer might be still in play again gets me excited…I would LOVE to write a solo story involving Tazer…there's a lot of untapped potential in his character.

Perhaps there'd be some way that Cobalt would get what he wants and get himself a more of a trusted, higher-ranking role? We're already showing he has a few tricks up his sleeves, something like Lawler dying and R.I.S.E's growing popularity would be a great power play for him.

Nepath
Nepath
Posted at

Fair point to be honest.
RISE is your thing, whatever you think works.
As for Tazer, I think if the idea was right then Spudsy might be up for it, and im happy to pass along as he is not on this site anymore.
I do check in on these forums regularly, but you could PQ me also.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.