Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DD Radio Play 2016 – Time to Brainstorm

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

I realized the other day that our last radio play was way back in 2013! We tried to pull one together a while back, but everyone was too busy to do all the organizing and editing. Fortunately for everyone, I’ve recently graduated with a history degree virtually guaranteeing my perpetual unemployment, which means I’ve got plenty of time to devote to a project like this!

I thought about putting out a call for scripts right away, but since I’ve never organized one of these before I’d like to throw around some ideas first.

Some things to think about:
- What do we want out of a script?
- How long should we give writers to submit scripts?
- How should we choose a script?
- The companion comic – should we make changes to how we do it?
- How can everyone help? I'm prepared to do all the hard work, but if anyone wants to volunteer to help with organizing, audio editing, etc., I won't say no. Otherwise, we will need people to write scripts, potentially to judge scripts, to draw comic pages, and to do the voice acting.

Feel free to raise any other questions/issues you can think of!

tupapayon
tupapayon
Posted at

Is it time for the storm?…

Well, I guess you can have my voice…

I could be a judge, sometimes I can be very judgmental…

bravo1102
bravo1102
Posted at

Could we finally see the return of detective McDuff and action hero Bill Duck?

I'll do pages. Hell, I'd be willing to draw the whole thing if there's another great Gunwallace script.

Genejoke
Genejoke
Posted at

happy to do a page or two.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

bravo1102 wrote:
Could we finally see the return of detective McDuff and action hero Bill Duck?

I'll do pages. Hell, I'd be willing to draw the whole thing if there's another great Gunwallace script.

I would love to see the return of Maxwell McDuff! :D

Gunwallace
Gunwallace
Posted at

I did write a script for the last attempt to revive the Radio Play. It does indeed have Maxwell McDuff in it, although in a lesser (but key) role. The Time Traveling Pair O' Ducks, in which Bill Duck and his brother, Drunk, spiral through a collection of cartoon genres and time periods (Asterix, Tintin, Lucky Luke, Flash Gordon, Prince Valiant, Dan Dare, etc.)

I should also note that Banes wrote a script as well that has a really cool horror vibe, and would be a nice step away from Max and Bill for those who are sick of them.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Gunwallace wrote:
I did write a script for the last attempt to revive the Radio Play. It does indeed have Maxwell McDuff in it, although in a lesser (but key) role. The Time Traveling Pair O' Ducks, in which Bill Duck and his brother, Drunk, spiral through a collection of cartoon genres and time periods (Asterix, Tintin, Lucky Luke, Flash Gordon, Prince Valiant, Dan Dare, etc.)

I should also note that Banes wrote a script as well that has a really cool horror vibe, and would be a nice step away from Max and Bill for those who are sick of them.

Awesome! I'll definitely be in touch with those of you who wrote scripts last time around. I think I'll also do another open call for scripts though, as I don't want to exclude people who weren't around last time.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

For those of you who have written scripts before, how long do you think is a reasonable amount of time to allow for submissions?

Banes
Banes
Posted at

I may submit my script again…it needs a page one rewrite; I didn't touch it after the initial submission.

Maybe four weeks to write a script?

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Banes wrote:
Maybe four weeks to write a script?

That sounds reasonable to me.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Putting out a call for scripts in tomorrow's newspost! Deadline will be September 8th.

HippieVan
HippieVan
Posted at

Gunwallace wrote:
Anything happening with this?

Sorry, should have posted an update! I only got your script, which is mildly annoying but obviously I'm totally happy to use it so I'm going to go ahead with this anyways. :)
I just need to look at some of the past radio plays and figure out how I want to do the next portion, which I guess will be voice auditions. This is definitely a learning process for me, so don't get too worried if it takes me a while.

Advertise with us

Moonlight meanderer

DDComics is community owned.

The following patrons help keep the lights on. You can support DDComics on Patreon.